2021-2022 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Also noted that they "turned down" CUSA because they are waiting for an AAC invite ...
    Saw that too. .....
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      UC Riverside beat Arizona St at ASU on a three-quarter court buzzer beater, 66-65. Another buy game gone wrong.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

SPLASH
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Also noted that they "turned down" CUSA because they are waiting for an AAC invite ...
          Is that for real? No team is getting an AAC invite straight from FCS. IF they were, JMU might have been the one to do it and they didn't.

IF SWOMO really has aspirations for FBS and CUSA offered them a spot, they'd be stupid not to take it. You have to get into FBS before you can move up in FBS. That's why CUSA has had around 30 schools that reached out to them about membership this fall. CUSA is currently the only avenue in as the Belt is pretty set and the MAC has no real desire. The AAC and MWC aren't calling up FCS teams.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Is that for real? No team is getting an AAC invite straight from FCS. IF they were, JMU might have been the one to do it and they didn't.

IF SWOMO really has aspirations for FBS and CUSA offered them a spot, they'd be stupid not to take it. You have to get into FBS before you can move up in FBS. That's why CUSA has had around 30 schools that reached out to them about membership this fall. CUSA is currently the only avenue in as the Belt is pretty set and the MAC has no real desire. The AAC and MWC aren't calling up FCS teams.
            It's a real thing that was said .. i do not believe it's actually what happened. I think MSU was turned down by CUSA.

msu.PNG

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

They would need to sell more cattle to afford a 3G comeback.
              Probably way more cattle near here than near there.

Comment

It's a real thing that was said .. i do not believe it's actually what happened. I think MSU was turned down by CUSA.

msu.PNG
                That's hilarious.

CUSA could have declined them. I think CUSA may or may not add one more this year, but I do think they'll move back to 12 with a couple more additions in a year or two. They have a lot of reported interest and can take their time on the next few additions to make sure those schools are ready and capable of making the jump and that they make sense for the conference as a whole.

SWOMO could have declined CUSA. But if they did, it's because the school has no interest (or ability) to move up to FBS, not because they're waiting on some fantasy land invite to the AAC.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

msu.PNG
                  On what planet would any conference above the Valley want Missouri State athletics? No success and no attendance are interesting ways of evaluating their self-worth.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

SMU at #13 Oregon tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      SMU at #13 Oregon tonight
                      Huge game for them. And the league.

Comment

• Illinois state blows a 16 point lead and loses in double OT to eastern Michigan

Comment

• UTSA down to Oklahoma 70-26 with 7:44 left in the game doesn't bode well for the AAC.

Comment

• I wish the conference had not been in such a hurry to add teams and would have
                            been more selective. We lost quality teams and replaced them with this??

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              UTSA down to Oklahoma 70-26 with 7:44 left in the game doesn't bode well for the AAC.

there's still time

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                UTSA down to Oklahoma 70-26 with 7:44 left in the game doesn't bode well for the AAC.

They have a couple of years to recruit to the AAC. And we knew they were probably the weakest basketball addition of the six. But they may be the strongest current football addition.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X