2021-22 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    The kid was arrested. I'm guessing by his "skill" that wasn't his first, second, fifth or last fight. Hopefully he's never allowed to put on another athletics uniform.
    If I had ever done anything like that my big concern would have been what my Dad was going to do to me.

Here is a bit more reporting on the incident. Nevada, Iowa is just east of Ames and Carlisle is on the SW edge of the Des Moines area.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; December 2, 2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Is the K-State wildcat logo freakin' clip art?!? Tell me it's not freakin' clip art that they downloaded off of a 90's CD-ROM, that anybody can use?!
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Is the K-State wildcat logo freakin' clip art?!? Tell me it's not freakin' clip art that they downloaded off of a 90's CD-ROM, that anybody can use?!
        Lol!!! There's a high school out here in AZ that uses the same logo. Clip art.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Its not “clip art”. An artist designed that to bill Snyder’s requests in his early years. The university has made millions off of that logo and even sold it to some high school programs.

Comment

It was a busy opening night in Iowa last night. In addition to the fight between Carlisle and Nevada, the handshake line of the basketball game between East Union and Diagonal also ended in an altercation caught on camera.

Comment

I think they're all on edge because UNI was moved to last four in after the Bradley loss.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Lol!!! There's a high school out here in AZ that uses the same logo. Clip art.
                Also one here in Louisiana that paid for the use.

Also, several schools that pay Florida for rights to use the Gator. Not sure if they paid for that or not, but I think Augusta paid at some point for rights to use the Baltimore logo. And Maize used the Philadelphia Eagles helmet logos for a while also.

Not uncommon at all.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  Its not “clip art”. An artist designed that to bill Snyder’s requests in his early years. The university has made millions off of that logo and even sold it to some high school programs.
                  Correct! Back in the day, Claflin bought the rights for its stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                    Bill Snyder designed it?

It honestly weakens the brand substantially to sell the rights to use the logo to high schools. I'm surprised they do that.
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

Correct! Back in the day, Claflin bought the rights for its stuff...
                      What's that 1A operation about 10 miles north and a couple miles west of Newton? They have a bluejay that HAS to be purchased from Creighton.

I'm counting on your extensive knowledge of rural small town schools here. Great volleyball like 4-8 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

What's that 1A operation about 10 miles north and a couple miles west of Newton? They have a bluejay that HAS to be purchased from Creighton.

I'm counting on your extensive knowledge of rural small town schools here. Great volleyball like 4-8 years ago.
                        There's Goessel, but they are the Bluebirds. They did have great volleyball. A friend of mine had two daughters who played there. Both played at HCC and one eventually at East Carolina.

Comment

That's totally the school I was thinking but whiffed on the logo. Have a memory of a Creighton logo there.....must be past my bedtime.

Comment

That's totally the school I was thinking but whiffed on the logo. Have a memory of a Creighton logo there.....must be past my bedtime.
                            There are the Tabor Bluejays in Hillsboro. But not the same logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Bill Snyder designed it?

It honestly weakens the brand substantially to sell the rights to use the logo to high schools. I'm surprised they do that.

when it originally came out, they were only charging high schools $1 to use it. but that was 25-30 yrs ago. iirc the eagle had an article about it's creation and why they were only charging a dollar for its use. but that was 20-25 yrs ago.

Comment

Actually, I don't know.....cool logos though!:)

Comment

Working...
                                X