X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Harvard of the West.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Let me know when someone loses to University of Phoenix.
      perfect!!!!:)

Comment

LOYOLA (NAIA) MEN'S BASKETBALL CONQUERS UNIVERSITY OF NEW ORLEANS (D-1) 80-72 IN EXHIBITION GAME
        MEN'S BASKETBALL - SAT, NOV. 6, 2021 AT 7:40 PM

Comment

Seattle University puts men's basketball coach Jim Hayford on administrative leave - ESPN
          11/07/21, 11:05 PM CT

''...Citing unidentified sources, Stadium reported that a Black player for Seattle alleged Hayford used a racial slur during a scrimmage Thursday. The report stated the player used the slur during the scrimmage and, after being informed by game officials, Hayford repeated it in an effort to curtail its use...."

Comment

Pittsburgh Panthers guard Ithiel Horton charged with aggravated assault after allegedly assaulting police officer - ESPN
            Nov 6, 2021

"Pittsburgh guard Ithiel Horton was arrested after allegedly assaulting a police officer early Saturday morning. Horton was charged with aggravated assault, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. According to public safety records, Pittsburgh Police responded to reports of an altercation just after 1 a.m. ET Saturday, after a tow truck driver called police. Horton was angry his car was being towed. Following a conversation with police, Horton "punched a responding officer in the face, causing a laceration to his lip," records show...."

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              Seattle University puts men's basketball coach Jim Hayford on administrative leave - ESPN
              11/07/21, 11:05 PM CT

''...Citing unidentified sources, Stadium reported that a Black player for Seattle alleged Hayford used a racial slur during a scrimmage Thursday. The report stated the player used the slur during the scrimmage and, after being informed by game officials, Hayford repeated it in an effort to curtail its use...."
              WOKE!!

What Blacks (has this always been capitalized?) say in a game or scrimmage with no Whites (I'm I allowed to capitalize this) is one thing. What Blacks say with Whites present in a game, practice, or scrimmage is something else, particularly if the coach says the word in order for others to know that this is the word not to be used in those situations.

WOKE!!

Comment

What a night and 10 more nominees:

California lost to UC San Diego
                Georgia Tech lost to Miami (OH)
                La Salle lost to Sacred Heart
                Missouri State lost to Southeast Missouri
                Nebraska lost to Western Illinois
                Northern Iowa lost to Nicholls
                Pittsburgh lost to The Citadel
                Utah State lost to UC Davis
                #25 Virginia lost to Navy
                Washington lost to Northern Illinois

And the Missouri Valley Conference (MVC) deserves recognition as well, for their opening night D1 record of 3 wins and 6 losses.

Comment

Let's go to the tape...

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    Let's go to the tape...

You can just hand that award out now. Daughter of a former NBA player? And her mom told her to do it!!!

Comment

How many cities are on fire if the attacker and victim are switched?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post

You can just hand that award out now. Daughter of a former NBA player? And her mom told her to do it!!!
                        Yup.

"I saw a normal basketball play basically turn into a nightmare," said the mother of a California player who suffered a concussion in the incident.

"Ham posted footage on Instagram in which an unseen woman can be heard yelling what sounds like: “You gotta hit her for that.” Ham, who was not in the gym at the time, said she learned from witnesses that the person who issued the command was the girl’s mother.

“It’s pretty clear that she tells her daughter you have to hit her for that,” Ham said. “What ‘that’ is, I don’t know. I don’t know what the mom thinks she saw.”"

Another article said that the girl had a concussion and missed 2 days of school.

Comment

It's an example of someone getting big league coached (and for zero reason). The girl (attacker) has obviously been taught to try and draw contact on jump shots and flop when she feels any contact. Does literally anyone think she deserved 3 FTs there.......SMH

Brazilian soccer players applauded that flop, as if that poor girl could possibly knock the attacker off her phat ass. It's so sad and ridiculous, and it's hardly isolated although certainly much less regular in girls sports.

Comment

My daughter was a tenacious defender in high school. In on game she stole the ball clean, the girl punched my daughter who lost a tooth.

The other girl was not a star and I don't remember if she was suspended for more than just that game.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              It's an example of someone getting big league coached (and for zero reason). The girl (attacker) has obviously been taught to try and draw contact on jump shots and flop when she feels any contact. Does literally anyone think she deserved 3 FTs there.......SMH

Brazilian soccer players applauded that flop, as if that poor girl could possibly knock the attacker off her phat ass. It's so sad and ridiculous, and it's hardly isolated although certainly much less regular in girls sports.
                              That flop was so bad it could have garnered a T, or at least a warning, for unsporting behavior. But that became moot as soon as she got herself ejected for punching a girl that she knocked down during her flop initially.

And if the mother did in fact tell her to do that, she should probably be banned from being in the gym during games going forward, assuming this girl gets to continue playing at some point.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I agree, Mom should never see the inside of a gym again (assuming she did say that). They both should make it "right" and I'm all for redemption for a child. Kids are stupid and make mistakes, this being admittedly a real whopper. But contrition and a desire to make things right and I hope most of us would be ok with her returning to action. We need to be a more forgiving culture in many ways, and why not start with kids? The obvious problem being that the issues that led to this probably begin (and likely will continue) at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X