No announcement yet.

2021-22 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another night (11/12/21) of teams getting in on "the process" of not being left out of being considered for this year's award:

Oakland, Michigan won @ Oklahoma State – Probably the biggest upset of the year so far.
    Salisbury (Division III) won @ Delaware State ouch!
    Furman won @ Louisville - What a KNIGHT for Furman.
    Ottawa, Arizona (NAIA) won @ University of Denver - Double ouch! OUCH!!
    Princeton won vs. South Carolina - looks like the kitty cat caught the little birdie.

Comment

11/13/21 Nominees

Wagner (Preseason RPI #127) won @ VCU (Preseason RPI #23) – Seriously VCU?
      Georgia Southern (Preseason RPI #220) won @ South Florida (Preseason RPI #166) – That’s Bull$hitt South Florida Bulls!
      Massachusetts-Lowell (Preseason RPI #190) won @ Dayton (Preseason RPI #88) – Orville and Wilbur are so proud of you Dayton, NOT!
      Dartmouth (Preseason RPI #348) won @ Georgetown (Preseason RPI #70) – Snicker snicker.
      Saint Thomas Minnesota (Preseason RPI #358) won @ Saint Francis of New York (Preseason RPI #217) – You know Saint Francis, there are only 358 D1 schools?

With so many “Upsets” just in the first week, nominees for the biggest upsets are now being limited to the “top 10” according to:

Sorry Tulsa (rated #14) and Tulane (rated #17), better luck with the rest of season. I’m sure you won’t disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        I agree, Mom should never see the inside of a gym again (assuming she did say that). They both should make it "right" and I'm all for redemption for a child. Kids are stupid and make mistakes, this being admittedly a real whopper. But contrition and a desire to make things right and I hope most of us would be ok with her returning to action. We need to be a more forgiving culture in many ways, and why not start with kids? The obvious problem being that the issues that led to this probably begin (and likely will continue) at home.

"To the young lady who was punched by my daughter during a youth basketball game, I sincerely apologize to you and I am praying for your complete healing both physically and emotionally," Corey Benjamin (her father) said.

Your absolutely right WuDrWu and we should be able to extend some grace to this child for a one-off incident. Whoa! Not so fast my good friend WuDrWu ...there's another incident. Yep, lets roll the tape.

Comment

Yikes, that's the same girl, for sure? She has some anger issues and needs help. I'm glad her father apologized, but how about mom and, most importantly, the daughter?

Comment

Girl needs some therapy to deal with her anger issues. A one off, triggered by mom's encouragement and I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt, but that second video seems to be her acting on her own just because the defender wouldn't let her bully her into position. I'm starting to think it really didn't take much from mom to get her to sucker punch that poor girl.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Cab we nominate the Texas football team for giving up 57 points to a FBS winless KU team and losing?

Comment

Two Duke basketball players face charges in Orange County following a driving while impaired arrest early Sunday morning. According to court records, Michael Savarino, Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski’s grandson, was arrested for DWI while star freshman Paolo Banchero is charged with aiding and abetting DWI.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                  Two Duke basketball players face charges in Orange County following a driving while impaired arrest early Sunday morning. According to court records, Michael Savarino, Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski’s grandson, was arrested for DWI while star freshman Paolo Banchero is charged with aiding and abetting DWI.

Looking at Duke's schedule, I expect a quick punishment. I expect a 3 game suspension of those 2. Tonight vs 0-2 Gardner-Webb, Friday vs 0-2 Lafayette, and Monday vs 0-1 Citadel. They will have learned their lesson in time for the Friday Nov 26th Game vs Gonzaga.

Comment

I was wrong. Appears he will serve his college suspension next year after he gets drafted

Comment

George Mason basketball recruit, high school teammate arrested on murder charges in Georgia - Yahoo Sports News

By Ryan Young·Writer
                      Thu, November 18, 2021, 11:44 PM

"A George Mason basketball recruit and one of his high school teammates were arrested on Wednesday night after they allegedly killed a man during an attempted robbery last month, according to The Washington Post...."

Comment

George Mason basketball recruit, high school teammate arrested on murder charges in Georgia - Yahoo Sports News

By Ryan Young·Writer
                        Thu, November 18, 2021, 11:44 PM

"A George Mason basketball recruit and one of his high school teammates were arrested on Wednesday night after they allegedly killed a man during an attempted robbery last month, according to The Washington Post...."
                        Wow, this happened not far from my house. My daughter played the Milton High School girls in the Milton gym. Generally an up scale area.

Comment

Two points:

1. I am going to be a little more careful if I ever meet any of you Shockernet posters in a handshake line.

2. I am putting a few of you Shockernet posters on notice if I ever meet any of you in a handshake line.

Comment

Two points:

1. I am going to be a little more careful if I ever meet any of you Shockernet posters in a handshake line.

2. I am putting a few of you Shockernet posters on notice if I ever meet any of you in a handshake line.
                            Three points:

1. Kid throwing punch is a sucker punching a-hole.

2. Kid throwing punch can throw a punch, though.

3. Why is there an exact copy of the K-State wildcat in orange in the middle of this gym?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

That’s a nasty 1-2. Hit him in the soloplex and when he involuntarily doubled over l, he got him right on the chin.

Comment

The kid was arrested. I'm guessing by his "skill" that wasn't his first, second, fifth or last fight. Hopefully he's never allowed to put on another athletics uniform.

Comment

Working...
                                X