MVC HONORS FOR THIS SEASON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by forevershockerfan

Rags tore up both UNLV who had beat North Carolina and Davidson who beat KU. Then today he is sick, Stutz is rolled over, and we still win big!!! Who do our opponents guard without other Shocks stepping up to do more collateral damage? Today Ben, Toure', DK, and EO were rock solid when the going got tough. Rags stated something like this today: "When one of us steps out, there will be another one of us that steps right in!!! Is there any Valley Coach that would be given serious consideration for Valley Coach of the Year in comparison to Coach Marshall?
    Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    No. No. No, again.
    Query: Will the anti-Shockerism around the league result in McDermott as coach of the year with the rationale being that 3G had all the talent and anybody could have coached them to the conference title, and then also vote no Shockers to 1st team all-conference because nobody scored more than 14 a game?

Just sayin', that kind of anti-Shockerism wouldn't surprise me in the least.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

McDermott was the one with all the talent, and was a unamimous pick to win the league. Gotta be HCGM. Our players will really divide the other votes, though, bias or no bias.

Comment

Creighton has always been the darling of the Valley. Dana could do no wrong -- until he turned his back on CU by leaving. All this while swearing he wanted nothing more than to retire in Omaha. Now we have McDermott and Son. Don't know if the "darling" perception is going to change any time soon (at least until Son graduates).

Comment

The more I listen and the more I read, regardless of my sentiments, here is what will probably really happen.

Valley Coach of the Year--Coach Marshall. Very few prognosticaters picked us to win the Valley and we did so with room to spare. 1 Valley road loss which took a triple OT to accomplish. 1 home loss to the 2nd place team who was peaking around that time.

POY--Doug M. from Creighton. His stats will prevail over anything else. He has also had some National recognition this Season. I still like Stutz in terms of what he did for our very successful team but Doug M. will most likely win this honor.

Ist Team--Only 2 Shockers will get on the 1st team even though I would like to see 3. Stutz and Rags or Stutz and Toure. Rags was the best point guard in the Valley and Toure' did so many things to help us be successful. Stutz will be in for sure and I still doubt both Rags and Toure' will make the 1st team.

Defensive POY--Toure' should get this honor but who knows.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

1st & 2nd team........TM, Stutz, Rags, dougie, Ryan, Odum, Weems, rice, Carmichal, and.......who?

Comment

Brown

Comment

I am very impressed with Rags. After hearing him on the radio and reading his quotes in the newspaper....today's Sunday column by PS. Very impressed.

Comment

Seck should be on there just for having the bravado to stay. :)
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Rags is one of the best point guards in the country. How can he not be first team? But then you got Stutz and Murry too. Ryan should be 2nd team at best. Odum as well. Neither of those two are at the calibre of GS, TM, JR or Doug McD, Weems, or Carmichael (yet).
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Rags is one of the best point guards in the country. How can he not be first team? But then you got Stutz and Murry too. Ryan should be 2nd team at best. Odum as well. Neither of those two are at the calibre of GS, TM, JR or Doug McD, Weems, or Carmichael (yet).
                      I agree with Ryan and especially Odum. As far as Weems, does a first teamer go .288 FG% (17-59) over the last 4 games games to have his team tank all 4 to lose 3rd place? Well, the voters probably don't care. Same for McD, except he supposedly played on the pre-season best team in the Valley and him not leading them to their expectations won't hurt him either. It burns my butt that CU/McD under-performed as a whole, yet he'll be POY eventhough he has 2 more years to really earn that title.

Comment

The administrator of the MVC Fans site shows Echenique as the defensive player of the year. I think this is comical considering how bad defensively Creighton is as a team. The defensive player of the year should come from one of the best defenses in the league. According to KENPOM Creighton ranks 8 out of 10 in defensive efficiency as a team in the Valley and 190th out of 345 D1 teams. Shouldn't the defensive player of the year come from a team that plays a little defense.

Comment

I understand your point but you could also argue that it take great mental toughness to continue to play hard and smart on defense when no one else on your team does.
                          The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

if he's the best defensive player then he should win the award.

Comment

Didn't Hall absolutely abuse him?
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

1st Team: Joe Ragland, Toure' Murry, Colt Ryan, Doug McDermott, Garrett Stutz
                                2nd Team: Antoine Young, Rayvote Rice, Kyle Weems, Greg Echineque, Jackie Carmichael
                                HM: Grant Gibbs, Jake Odum, Ben Simons, Anthony James, Jake Koch

Newcomer Team: Grant Gibbs, Jamar Gulley, Carl Hall, Seth Tuttle, Nic Moore

POY: Garrett Stutz
                                DPOY: Ben Smith
                                FOY: Seth Tuttle
                                NOY: Grant Gibbs

That's how I see it right now. If I took more time I might tweak a couple of things, but I don't feel like it right now.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X