No announcement yet.

MVC HONORS FOR THIS SEASON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to understand the MVCfan adm.He thinks the POY & DPOY should go to 2 Creighton players irregardless of where they finished in league play.Those honors generally goes to the winners of the league just like the COY.I think he did his picking with his heart and not his head.

Comment

Looks like the honors have been announced... I didn't see another thread about it, so here's a link to the story

LARRY BIRD MVC PLAYER OF THE YEAR:
      Doug McDermott, Creighton

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR:
      Carl Hall, Wichita State

FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR:
      Seth Tuttle, UNI

DEFENSIVE MVP:
      Gregory Echenique, Creighton

SIXTH-MAN OF THE YEAR:
      Ned Cox, Evansville

ARMY NATIONAL GUARD DEFENSIVE TEAM OF THE YEAR:
      Wichita State

First Team Yr. Pos. Ht. Hometown
      Doug McDermott, Creighton So. F 6-7 Ames (Iowa) High

Joe Ragland, Wichita State Sr. G 6-0 W. Springfield (Mass.) North Platte (Neb.) JC

Colt Ryan, Evansville Jr. G/F 6-5 Batesville (Ind.) High

Garrett Stutz, Wichita State Sr. C 7-0 Kansas City (Mo.) North Kansas City High

Kyle Weems, Missouri State Sr. F 6-6 Topeka (Kan.) Highland Park High
      Last edited by TxShox; February 28, 2012, 02:33 PM. Reason: cleaned up the formatting

Comment

A couple other notables:

Honorable-Mention Selections
        Toure' Murry, Wichita State Sr. G 6-5 Houston (Texas) Klein Forest High

All-Newcomer Team
        Carl Hall, Wichita State Jr. F 6-8 Cochran (Ga.) Northwest Florida State

All-Defensive Team
        Toure' Murry, Wichita State Sr. G 6-5 Houston (Texas) Klein Forest High
        Ben Smith, Wichita State Sr. F 6-5 Oklahoma City (Okla.) Northern Okla. - Enid

Comment

Two players on All-defensive AND 1st team all-conference. just shows how well rounded our team was this year! we don't only worry about offensive, but our guys really care about defense

Comment

DEFENSIVE MVP: Gregory Echenique, Creighton
            Count me in the PISSED OFF column. Total #(%&*$%!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Funny how WSU wins their games by an average of 16 pts. and wins the Valley by 2 games and even more over the rest of the pack and we keep getting screwed when it comes to Valley honors. I'm sorry but Mr. Pink Shoes is in NO way the defensive POY.

Comment

Wow Odum over Toure for 2nd team

p
                u
                k
                e

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Count me in the PISSED OFF column. Total #(%&*$%!
                  In fact now I am getting worked up about Doug McD winning POY. Now I hope our boys DESTROY this tournament! This tournament MEANS something now!!! ARG ARG ARG ARG ARG

Comment

Originally posted by dTm View Post
                    Wow Odum over Toure for 2nd team

p
                    u
                    k
                    e
                    OMFG!!!

Comment

Here are the second teamers:

Second Team
                      Jackie Carmichael, Illinois State Jr. F 6-9 Manhattan (Kan.) South Kent Prep
                      Jake Odum, Indiana State So. G 6-4 Terre Haute (Ind.) South Vigo High
                      Rayvonte Rice, Drake So. G 6-4 Champaign (Ill.) Centennial High
                      Ben Simons, Drake Jr. F 6-8 Cadillac (Mich.) High
                      Antoine Young, Creighton Sr. G 6-0 Bellevue (Neb.) West High

I don't have too much problem with the selections with the exception of having two players from #7 seeded Drake, one of whom missed five (I think) Valley games on the second team with Toure delegated to Honorable Mention.

I guess Echineque deserves defensive player of the year for his ability to foul but not be called for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        In fact now I am getting worked up about Doug McD winning POY. Now I hope our boys DESTROY this tournament! This tournament MEANS something now!!! ARG ARG ARG ARG ARG
                        Ok I can live with Doug McD winning POY. But only barely. It was a toss up. But Echinique? Eka-KNEE-Kay? EKAFACKINNEEKAY? ARG ARG ARG ARG ARG ARG ARG

Comment

Honorable mention for Toure' is an insult to Toure'. Toure' is probably the best all round basketball player in the league. If we were picking up sides in the MVC I guarantee you pick him in the first five and maybe even 1st. I'm surprised that the people voting on this can't see how he has been the glue to a great TEAM on both sides of the ball. Alas, I can't help it that the people voting are morons.

Army National Guard Defensive Team of the Year...is this new or are they just throwing the Shockers a bone because of their boneheaded DPOY? Again, defense is a team skill and I'm glad they recognize this. It's just too bad they didn't recognize that the best (and most valuable) defenders were from Wichita.

Comment

What a joke. Hard to take the Valley seriously.

Comment

Echinique is a good defender.. I would imagine WSU players split a lot of votes in this category, resulting in Echinque getting the nod. WSU won the league by 2 games, scored the most points per game, gave up the least amount of points per game. Can't win every category.

Comment

Originally posted by Signman View Post
                                Army National Guard Defensive Team of the Year...is this new or are they just throwing the Shockers a bone because of their boneheaded DPOY?
                                A quick search on google shows it's been around since at least 2008-09. Looks as though the Shockers won the award last year as well as this year.
                                Last edited by TxShox; February 28, 2012, 02:36 PM. Reason: added additional content

Comment

Working...
                                X