Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC HONORS FOR THIS SEASON

Coach Marshall--Coach of the Year.

Garrett Stutz---Player of the year and 1st team. Who won the Valley? We did. Thank goodness he was okay when the Drake player rolled over his leg today.

Joe Ragland--First Team All Valley. Joe is "hands down" the best point guard in the Valley.

Toure'--Defensive POY and 1st Team All Valley. Now here's the deal. You KNOW all 3 will not be 1st team? Yikes!!! They all indeed deserve it. We won this Valley Title with authority!!!!!!!
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Coach Marshall, having a happy birthday today just said on the raaadiooo, "TO THE VICTOR GOES THE SPOILS." Let's hope for the best. Our beloved Shox did our part!!!!!!!

Comment

Time to drink from the chalice!
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

When the honors are being considered, I hope those voting remember how difficult it was for teams in the Valley to get road wins. With exception of our beloved Shox, and it took a triple overtime for them to even do this. Today is no exception. The home teams are doing well, even playing teams with a better record.

Comment

I've seen Creighton fans arguing for Echenique as Defensive Player of the Year, citing his "shut down" of Stutz as proof of his interior dominance. I'm not really sure that having Stutz play half of his normal minutes due to foul trouble while scoring half his normal points counts as a shut down ... in fact, in that second game, he had 8 points in 13 minutes, although most of that was from stepping out by three. It's funny that they won't cite Hall's numbers during those games as the backup for Stutz, though. Stutz going to the bench meant Hall played a lot of his minutes ... Echenique was still defending him for most of those minutes. Hall shot 11-14 (79% ...) in those two games, with 26 points. Echenique wasn't responsible for all of that, but I don't see how you can credit him for shutting anyone down in those Creighton/WSU games. The position he was guarding was still responsible for its normal points ... 17 in the second game, and I don't recall how many of Hall's points in the first game were while he was playing Stutz's minutes and how many were at the F position where he started, but assuming around half, that would be 13-14 points in that game. That's pretty typical of the position for us, and hardly anything to cite for Defensive POY.

I don't how you can give anyone not on the Shockers defensive POY. Echenique is a good defensive player on a terrible defensive team. The Shockers have several players that are better defensive players, on the best defensive team, and the best overall team.
          Last edited by Rlh04d; February 25, 2012, 04:09 PM.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            Coach Marshall--Coach of the Year.

Garrett Stutz---Player of the year and 1st team. Who won the Valley? We did. Thank goodness he was okay when the Drake player rolled over his leg today.

Joe Ragland--First Team All Valley. Joe is "hands down" the best point guard in the Valley.

Toure'--Defensive POY and 1st Team All Valley. Now here's the deal. You KNOW all 3 will not be 1st team? Yikes!!! They all indeed deserve it. We won this Valley Title with authority!!!!!!!
            All three should be first team without question. Coach Lowery said our entire team should be POY.

Comment

How many games this Season in the Valley did Stutz start out hot, and get some very early whistles? The whistles played better D on Stutz than any Creighton player did. Case in point was the game here in Wichita versus Creighton. Even if every whistle was a perfect and accurate call, no player and no team in the Valley had an answer for Stutz. His foul problems held him back more than any other factor.Stutz was our double-double king this very Season!!!!!!!

Comment

SIU Coach Chris Lowery said the POY is the Wichita State team. Coach Lowery has had a tough year, but in the instance he has made a monster dunk and one.

:good:

Comment

GE is merely an average defender on a poor defensive team, causing him to stand out. If the rest of the team could play decent defense, Echenique wouldn't look nearly as great. It's all about perspective. As pointed out above, he didn't shut down Garrett. Garrett had foul trouble, and Carl came in and was still productive.

Hopefully the voters will look at the big picture.
                  Three things in life are constant- death, taxes, and Creighton losing in the first weekend of the tournament.

AAC or Bust!

Comment

If life was fair, there would be five Shockers on the 1st and 2nd All Conference team and Stutz would be POY and Rags MVP.

And I do not have a prejudice bone in my body.

Comment

No we have a great team but Creighton has the star players.

Comment

Actually, Stutz was as productive or more than Paul Miller his Senior Season? The first summer Stutz was here, I watch Paul Miller use and abuse him to the max in a summer scrimmage. Mr. Stutz has come a long long way since that day.

Comment

Rags to Riches. Save this link for Joe: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/featu...page=caponecup
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Rags tore up both UNLV who had beat North Carolina and Davidson who beat KU. Then today he is sick, Stutz is rolled over, and we still win big!!! Who do our opponents guard without other Shocks stepping up to do more collateral damage? Today Ben, Toure', DK, and EO were rock solid when the going got tough. Rags stated something like this today: "When one of us steps out, there will be another one of us that steps right in!!! Is there any Valley Coach that would be given serious consideration for Valley Coach of the Year in comparison to Coach Marshall?

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                              Rags tore up both UNLV who had beat North Carolina and Davidson who beat KU. Then today he is sick, Stutz is rolled over, and we still win big!!! Who do our opponents guard without other Shocks stepping up to do more collateral damage? Today Ben, Toure', DK, and EO were rock solid when the going got tough. Rags stated something like this today: "When one of us steps out, there will be another one of us that steps right in!!! Is there any Valley Coach that would be given serious consideration for Valley Coach of the Year in comparison to Coach Marshall?
                              No. No. No, again.

Comment

Working...
                              X