No announcement yet.

MVC HONORS FOR THIS SEASON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can live with McDermott being voted POY. Its not often the Valley has a player that is a National Player of the Year Candidate (not that he is going to win) and he is good on the offensive side of the ball. But GE being voted as the DPOY just is weird. The team with one of the worst defenses in the league should not have a the defensive player of the year. Also, Kyle Weems sucks...and sucks...and sucks some more. He should have been 2nd team at best.
    Last edited by shocker2012; February 28, 2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Does Kyle Weems really deserve to be on the 1st team this year with the way he played down the stretch when his team needed him the most?
      In short, no.

That was a very lazy pick.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Toure' is 1st team MVC no matter what. However, when he did not even make the 2nd team, deems that a travesty. So we win the MVC Conference with a 2 game lead, lost only 1 game on the road, and only 2 Shocks make the top 10 players? Wow, that too is a travesty considering how bad we were beating Valley teams so often. Who was the defensive MVP in the Creighton VS WSU games? I know!!! I know!!! The early whistles versus Stutz and the pine that early whistles resulted in. When Stutz was in, nobody in the Valley was doing much to stop him. Even if the calls were correct on him versus Creighton, they kept him grounded him for too many minutes to call that defensive stops. Thus, I did not agree with any player from Creighton winning an MVP defensive award. Why? Defense was their weakness this Season.

In conclusion, what does it all mean? If WSU was to ever get a nice offer to join another stronger Conference--then BYE BYE VALLEY OF DEATH!!!!!!! Next, let's win the Lew this very Season!!!!!!! We can talk with our game no matter what else happens that we have little or no control over.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I blame @ShockerFever for this travesty. Banging the "Toure' makes stupid mistakes" drum all year long broke the will of those willing to vote for him.

I kid because I care.
          :) I certainly hope not, @WuDrWu:

I kid Toure because I care.

I dunno who you replace on that list to get TM bumped up to 2nd team. I do see that the Valley probably wanted to spread things out, which is lame, but par for the course.

I certainly hope TM doesn't coming out trying to prove anything. Those are the times when he can be very erratic. He just needs to do what he's been doing.. dishing off the ball, and hitting his mid-range jumpers. He knows it's a team game and with that, there will be greater team rewards going forward.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Well, I banged the "Echinique fouls more than anyone in the history of the Valley drum" all year, Doc, but it didn't do a damn bit of good.
            That's because your drum was being beaten on a holy, perfect, sCUm lovechild.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The only legitimate reason for GE getting DPOY is that the Shockers split the vote, because there were so many to vote for. One Creighton guy to vote for ... at least two if not four WSU guys that could all get votes. It's not fair, but that's the way subjective voting works.

Although, to be fair, GE did a very good job of shutting Stutz down by forcing him to get into foul trouble. He had to work very hard at that. And granted, Carl Hall destroyed him, but ... shhhhhh.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I'm sure that there were more total votes cast for Shocker players than for any other team. Rightfully so. The problem with individual honors and balanced teams, the votes get balanced out as well. The guy that got the worst of this scenario was TM. He should have received no less than 2nd team. I fully expect DK to be on the All-Bench and DW to be on the Most Improved. If they do, that would put seven different Shocker players on some sort of All Valley team. Throw in the COY, pretty amazing. I love this team.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Greg Echenique, DPOY on one of the weakest defensive teams in the league. So.........................In the land of the limp dixxx, the man with half of a hard xx is king.

Comment

• Has it been mentioned, Carl Hall has won MVC newcomer of the year.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                      Toure certainly got screwed. Toure you're First Team All Conference in my book. It's time to just kick a$$
                      This is it in a nutshell!

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
                        Greg Echenique, DPOY on one of the weakest defensive teams in the league. So.........................In the land of the limp dixxx, the man with half of a hard xx is king.
                        Carl Hall must be the most offensively skilled center in the Valley. I mean he only shot almost 79% against the DPOY. Way to go Carl!!! ;)
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Creighton junior center Gregory Echenique is the first player in Creighton history to be named MVC Defensive Player of the Year. Echenique leads the MVC with 49 blocked shots this season and is second with 1.6 blocks per game. He’s also fifth in the MVC with 7.4 rebounds per contest, and second with 61.2 percent shooting from the field. In league play, Echenique led the MVC with 1.7 blocks per game and 2.8 offensive rebounds per game, while also ranking second in rebounds per game (8.2) and field goal percentage (63.0), fifth in defensive rebounds per contest (5.3) and 10th in free throw percentage (81.1).
                          I love how they fill this section with offensive stats about a defensive award... In the end the only defensive stats they give are:
                          Blocks : first
                          Blocks per game: second
                          Rebounds per contest: fifth

MVC Play
                          Blocks per game: first
                          Rebounds per game: second
                          Defensive rebounds per game: fifth

Consider me unimpressed

Comment

• No way Toure was not 1st or 2nd team all conference.

I just hope that Toure can take comfort in knowing that Shocker fans across the nation so honor his tremendous basketball skills and the most significant contributions he has made in helping to bring excellence and recognition back to WSU's basketball program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Signman View Post
                              Honorable mention for Toure' is an insult to Toure'. Toure' is probably the best all round basketball player in the league. If we were picking up sides in the MVC I guarantee you pick him in the first five and maybe even 1st. I'm surprised that the people voting on this can't see how he has been the glue to a great TEAM on both sides of the ball. Alas, I can't help it that the people voting are morons.

Army National Guard Defensive Team of the Year...is this new or are they just throwing the Shockers a bone because of their boneheaded DPOY? Again, defense is a team skill and I'm glad they recognize this. It's just too bad they didn't recognize that the best (and most valuable) defenders were from Wichita.
                              I agree completely.

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                                Has it been mentioned, Carl Hall has won MVC newcomer of the year.
                                Hall as NCOY was even more suprising to me than Toure not on first team. Two guards from Mo St, freshman Tuttle and Tyler Brown at ISU red totally out-statted him. It's almost like the committee stopped and said, "wait a minute, we just gave the offensive and defensive POY to the second best team with the second best offense and 7th best defense. The team with the best bench didn't win 6th man of the year and we left Toure Murry off the second team. Maybe we can give them NCOY...oh and call the Army. See if they have any awards they'd like to sponsor."
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X