Masking, vaccination, and social distancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I'm hearing (somewhat) encouraging discussions ongoing.
    You gotta love Doc's cryptic posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Nobody said they were as far as I know so I’m not sure why you’re asking that question.
      Well we’re required to wear masks to save lives and you said that was the safest option. I pointed out an even safer option and your sphincter tightened. Which is more important to you, basketball games or health?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        A year from now when all of our "vaccinations" have worn off and a new variant that is immune to the current "vaccine" will be the latest news. Big pharma could do more to develop an actual vaccine that lasts so we don't have to keep going to the trough every year. Until there is an actual vaccine we will keep repeating this cycle, I'm afraid, and less and less people will keep going back for another dose.
        Nah, your body has two defenses: antibodies and cellular response.

While antibodies get all the press, it's your cellular response that gives you long term protection.

Antibodies fade off quicker than we would like with the vax, but cellular response lasts a long time and is strong in the naively vaxxed.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I don't live my life in fear. I have already had covid and it wasn't a big deal. I also eat right, exercise and try to stay healthy as possible. I am also vaccinated.

If there really is so much public health concerns about covid, then the university should implement social distancing for the games. Masking is ineffective in a packed 10,000 arena for 2 hours.

University requires masking and social distancing for classes. They need to be consistent or they really saying they will take optics and money over real anti-covid measures.
          Are you $aying they aren’t thinking $o clearly?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Well we’re required to wear masks to save lives and you said that was the safest option. I pointed out an even safer option and your sphincter tightened. Which is more important to you, basketball games or health?
            There is not point in responding to your question as you’re presenting a false equivalency.
            Last edited by pie n eye; October 26, 2021, 02:14 PM. Reason: Remove unnecessary parts

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

There is not point in responding to your question as you’re presenting a false equivalency.
              lol. You’ve given up on a lot of back and forth that you engaged with to begin with. Way to take those Ls on the chin.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

That is not correct.

It's true that KU and KSU didn't include masking information in their communication about the order -- but that's because they already had mask mandates for all indoor spaces in effect. WSU's policy was limited to classrooms and laboratories and had to be extended to all indoor spaces.

Also -- the order did not apply to "all KBOR schools," only to the three research institutions in the system.
                If that's the case, then KU didn't do a very good job enforcing it at their 'Late Night in the Phog' at the beginning of the month based on this article that states they had 16,000 people In AFH and when you look at the pictures from it, hardly anyone had masks on - https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...254694492.html
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

lol. You’ve given up on a lot of back and forth that you engaged with to begin with. Way to take those Ls on the chin.
                  I’m fine with a little back and forth but I know a lost cause when I see one.

I look forward to attending WSU basketball in person this year and I won’t miss those unwilling to make such a small sacrifice to be there with me. Hopefully it’s worth it to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

If that's the case, then KU didn't do a very good job enforcing it at their 'Late Night in the Phog' at the beginning of the month based on this article that states they had 16,000 people In AFH and when you look at the pictures from it, hardly anyone had masks on - https://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...254694492.html
                    Their policy is and was as I've described and is identical to the Koch Arena policy.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

(mask policy is on this page)
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Their policy is and was as I've described and is identical to the Koch Arena policy.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

(mask policy is on this page)
                      Maybe WSU will be just as lax at enforcing it. Here are some other pictures of the crowd from that night - https://www.cjonline.com/picture-gal...se/5955047001/
                      Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• I think folks are starting to get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Has KU ever been good about following or enforcing rules?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

You gotta love Doc's cryptic posts.
                            Nostradamus at it again with his schtick.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I think folks are starting to get it.
                              Like someone said, subjecting your low paid staff such as ushers and ticket takers to be enforcers probably violates their job description. I want the few security guards we have to worry about real problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Like someone said, subjecting your low paid staff such as ushers and ticket takers to be enforcers probably violates their job description. I want the few security guards we have to worry about real problems.
                                We need Hilfspolizei to enforce the policies of the leader.

Comment

Working...
                                X