Masking, vaccination, and social distancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

100% masking would make the environment at Koch arena safer.
    You think you’re safer, I don’t. I’ve got a novel idea. I’ll go without a mask and you wear one. You’re safer and I’m fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Right, what’s the point of getting the vaccine if they still require masks? At what point do they decide we don;t have to wear masks, because I hate to break the news, but this virus isn’t going away.
      It seems like the goal to going back to normal is to get the infection rate to zero, which of course is impossible. So it’s not gonna end.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Those in charge stopped caring about the "science" a long time ago. Most actions taken by those in power go against the science at this point. All of the alleged super spreader events that "science" promised were going to happen, haven't. Numbers have plummeted and are very much under control in most places. The curve was flattened and the goalposts moved. Why should people trust or give a **** about what those in power want us to do so that they can maintain more power than they should ever have?

And the individual is the largest minority. Doing what's right for ones self is not a bad thing. Forcing asinine personal views onto others and forcing them to make you feel better is not noble. We as a people are perfectly capable of deciding what works for us and what doesn't. What risks we're willing to take and which we aren't. I've been immunocompromised since I was 16 and am perfectly capable of understanding what I'm willing to do and not do for my health. That is nobody else's responsibility. None of you and certainly not the ****ing government. Just about everything the government does is politically motivated and Covid is no exception. And we have evidence that masking does jack **** for the spread. We have states, communities and countries that chose not to go that route and the numbers were never actually worse than those that did.

And as I mentioned earlier, I cannot physically wear a mask for extended periods. I get so sick of people belittling the impact it has on a number of people and throw them into some bullshit pile to push their own agenda. And I get that some people just don't want to wear them because they find them irritating or uncomfortable and their reasoning is just as valid as those who wear them because they make them feel better, or feel important.

If my decisions, and others, impact the athletic department than so be it. I love Wichita State, but I love myself more. As as with everything since the beginning of this mess, I will not go to or spend money places that force me to do something that I cannot do. I don't reward the behavior of those that make my life worse. If that is above Muma's head, so be it. At some point, things need to change and they will continue to feel the pains until it does. A whole years worth of college football games and tens of thousands of people crammed together not wearing masks and it hasn't been an issue. This is all political theater and most people are tired of it. It's excessive and ridiculous. I'll stick to watching games on TV but you won't see me on campus until this bullshit ends.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

No, that’s not what I meant. What I meant is what I said. 100% masking would make the environment at Koch arena safer.

Whether or not I agree that it’s necessary is irrelevant.
          Having zero fans in the stands would be the safest option of all. Think too of how many lives you would potentially be saving by having people not travel into vehicles where your chances of dying in a crash are much higher.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Mask requirement, no mask requirement, I am happy to be able to cheer on the Shocks in person with my family.

Go Shocks!
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Having zero fans in the stands would be the safest option of all. Think too of how many lives you would potentially be saving by having people not travel into vehicles where your chances of dying in a crash are much higher.
              So you would rather have no fans in the stands than wear a mask? Sounds about right coming from you.

Comment

So you would rather have no fans in the stands than wear a mask? Sounds about right coming from you.
                If it prevents any chance that someone needlessly could die, then yes. Why are Covid deaths more important than any other type of fatality?

Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• My prediction: You will be required to wear a mask to enter CKA. You will be allowed to take it off to eat or drink. That will lead to thousands of them not going back on and thousands more just taken off. They would have to threaten to empty the building to get the masks back on because there will be too many unmasked to enforce the policy once people are inside.

Comment

• Latest news I heard on campus…yes, the masks are required for the fans (we knew this yesterday). There will not be social distancing in the stands since the Biden mandate does not include actual distances. Also, there are many students who aren’t thrilled about what they are hearing from their friends at other KBOR schools…at those schools, at least in some departments, nothing has really changed from last week. The emphasis is on the vaccination…not on the masks. WSU has gone WAY over on this issue in comparison to K-State and that other large school located in Lawrence.

Comment

• At this point I'm under the impression the mask mandates at college basketball games this season is simply a big media attempt to muffle the "Let's Go Brandon" chants that are certain to break out.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                        My prediction: You will be required to wear a mask to enter CKA. You will be allowed to take it off to eat or drink.
                        So you are just saying this is the administration's way to sell more overpriced concessions?

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Tribalistic
                          Really really really rich choice of words considering the viewpoint and political leaning you support...

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Because many did not get the vaccine and they have the potential to fill the hospitals up delaying care for those who have legitimate concerns, like cancer, heart disease, etc.

We are still at 1500 a day dead and 10's of thousands in the hospital. The UK is also seeing a Covid infection surge now (many being reinfected) and they've been the leading indicator thus far for what happens in America. Also, new data is coming in that points to "natural immunity" having a shelf life of around 16 months. This means the unvaccinated who got infected, could be looking at round #2 very soon.

I believe this will be an arms race between vaccines, mutations, and waning immunity for the foreseeable future. We can't afford to have people walking around without immunization. We need mandates from grade school on up. No more monkey business. Let's get on with our lives and stop stepping on our own dicks.
                            Over 2/3 of those eligible have received at least one dose. What is "good enough"? Because I have news for you, we will NEVER get to 90+ percent.

Comment

No, that’s not what I meant. What I meant is what I said. 100% masking would make the environment at Koch arena safer.

Whether or not I agree that it’s necessary is irrelevant.
                              What legitimate data do you base this on?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

If it prevents any chance that someone needlessly could die, then yes. Why are Covid deaths more important than any other type of fatality?
                                Bless you for being so willing to sacrifice so much to save lives.

Personally, even though I would prefer not to, I would rather just make the smaller sacrifice of wearing a mask to games this year if that’s what is required.

Comment

Working...
                                X