AAC adding 6 teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
    I like the 6 ads for the conference. I had personally wanted 16 teams so 14 works well.

Some on here didn't like any of my predictions, but I was very close.
    I still don't like your predictions or that you were very close (if you follow my drift).

Comment

• Don't know where to put this.

For those of you wondering what Huggins would do for March Madness, now you know. SMH
      "They're doing it in football," Huggins told ESPN at Big 12 media day. "Why wouldn't they do it? The presidents and athletic directors that have all the juice, why wouldn't they do it? Makes no sense why they wouldn't do it. I think it's more 'Why wouldn't they?' than 'Why would they?' And then, the other people, they can have their own tournament."
      Bob Huggins wants the major conferences to control college basketball's biggest financial stream by ditching the NCAA tourney in favor of their own postseason event. Said Huggins of smaller programs: "The other people, they can have their own tournament."

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Don't know where to put this.

For those of you wondering what Huggins would do for March Madness, now you know. SMH

Bob Huggins wants the major conferences to control college basketball's biggest financial stream by ditching the NCAA tourney in favor of their own postseason event. Said Huggins of smaller programs: "The other people, they can have their own tournament."
        Terrible idea but it could happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Terrible idea but it could happen.
          And if it does, I’m done with college sports.

78-65

Comment

• Lots of talk about Memphis and SMU leaving the AAC for a different conference but which conference does everyone see them leaving for?

Comment

• SMU to the MWC seems fairly obvious, but not as long as the AAC has a better revenue package.

I don't think there's a conference in existence that wants Memphis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Rice is an oddball to me. They have tons of money but are confined geographically so they can’t spend all that money expanding their campus/growing their student population. They really need to upgrade their athletic facilities, which would probably help a lot in attracting better athletes. They have really high academic standards though, and they aren’t waiving those for athletes. I’ll gladly watch the Shockers in their tiny arena.
                Seems similar to Tulane.

Like North Texas a lot...they definitely make geographic/ cultural sense for WSU. Remember back in the day when they played in the MVC.

Comment

• Memphis is waiting for a Big 12 invite. It might take 2-3 years, but that’s where they are going

Comment

• So it’s baked in the cake and it’s already been decided but it’ll take 2-3 years? Provide the link to this truth.

Comment

• The Big 12 is only clinging together with the existence of Oklahoma State and KU basketball. As soon as one of these leave it’s toast. I could see OSU bolting at first offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                        SMU to the MWC seems fairly obvious, but not as long as the AAC has a better revenue package.

I don't think there's a conference in existence that wants Memphis.
                        Reasons no AAC school will leave for anything other than a P5 spot:

- Best media deal in the G5 (there is a report that the payouts will not be reduced)
                        - Exit fee of $10 million (nobody is paying this to remain in the G5)
                        - TV time slots (everybody West of the Rockies wants to play in Eastern time slots - more eyeballs)

Comment

• There have been articles about "possible future expansion" of the Big 12 mentioning Memphis and Boise State as the two most likely future expansion candidates. My problem with this theory is that if the Big 12 really wanted Memphis and Boise State, I feel like they would have added them when they added Houston, Cincy, UCF, and BYU.

This doesn't mean that the Big 12 will never add Memphis. But I don't think Memphis to the Big 12 is a done deal in any way. It could happen, but it's not a guarantee. It's more likely to happen if the Big 12 loses a member or if they feel like they need to go to 14 in order to keep up with the other power conferences.

If WSU stays in the AAC, we need Memphis to be in the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                            There have been articles about "possible future expansion" of the Big 12 mentioning Memphis and Boise State as the two most likely future expansion candidates. My problem with this theory is that if the Big 12 really wanted Memphis and Boise State, I feel like they would have added them when they added Houston, Cincy, UCF, and BYU.

This doesn't mean that the Big 12 will never add Memphis. But I don't think Memphis to the Big 12 is a done deal in any way. It could happen, but it's not a guarantee. It's more likely to happen if the Big 12 loses a member or if they feel like they need to go to 14 in order to keep up with the other power conferences.

If WSU stays in the AAC, we need Memphis to be in the conference.
                            I think the primary reason they didn't is ou/Texas ... Adding too many before they left could have caused issues due to something in their contracts. The don't want to miss out on the exit fees. Boise and Memphis will still be there if they expand after the other two leave

Comment

• It's official, other than the timing.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                It's official, other than the timing.

not excited.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X