AAC adding 6 teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
    I hope that they do not do divisions for men’s basketball and continue to schedule to help the teams that are expected to be at the top of the league. They could do this with a 18,19 or 20 game schedule. If divisions, based on 1972’s idea, I would swap Rice and UAB. That keeps Rice and Tulane together and UAB and Memphis together which is better geographically. Rice and Tulane can have the Scholar’s Bowl. It isn’t better overall for Rice, but they have a lot of money and can afford the travel, but it makes for a much better division for WSU.
    That would be the preferred way to have the higher rated RPI teams play each other twice and the others once.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Actually if we added Kennesaw State, WGU and Rowan we could have 3 divisions in the AAC, East, West and Owl. Sounds like a real hoot to me.
      As always, you NEVER fail to make me laugh!! Good one!

Comment

• My favorite thing in ALL of that is listing Carrot Top as a famous alum....

Comment

• From a basketball perspective these additions don't excite me. Hope we pursue and
          get an invite to the BE.

Comment

• Sun Belt is set to add 4 teams from CUSA too.. leaving 5 teams left in the CUSA. CUSA doesn't have many schools to choose from, wonder if the Valley gets a few schools poached. Those with FBS dreams

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
              Sun Belt is set to add 4 teams from CUSA too.. leaving 5 teams left in the CUSA. CUSA doesn't have many schools to choose from, wonder if the Valley gets a few schools poached. Those with FBS dreams
              Now we know why Conference USA was pushing a geographical realigment of the AAC, CUSA and Sun Belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

All we need is for KU and OSU to find a new home and we'll be fine. That will open up a plethora of options.
                Neither is happening. The B1G is KU's get out of jail free card, and outside of the fantasies of Jayhawk fans, that ship sailed. Any other current move would be a hard sell to their fanbase. Kansas brings zero to the B1G. Basketball makes KU rich, but does little for the Big 12 and would do less for the B1G. The conference TV conracts are 70% football and 30% basketball. Kansas basketball cannot make up for the 70% football vacuum. Adding KU would be a net loss for B1G schools- simple economics. The B1G has already told Kansas as much. The Kansas administration continues to float the possibility of a move, but if you listen closely, they are speaking in terms of future realignment shifts and are careful not to mention the B1G.

Kansas could move to the Pac. They could do that along with OSU and KSU. When and if that happens, the Big 12 dies and Wichita State would be in just as good of shape in the American.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Years ago back on the Valley board, SWOMO fans were talking about kicking the Valley to the curb. They spoke of how valuable they were and that their administration had received an invite to the Sun Belt conference. They had received the sealed manilla envelope from members of the Sun Belt, who were seen wearing conference polos touring the athletic facilities. It was hilarious! Fast forward to now. Replace SWOMO with KU, replace Sun Belt with B1G, keep the manilla envelope and conference officials in polos touring their facilities, and that is the dillusional talk on phog.net.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    Years ago back on the Valley board, SWOMO fans were talking about kicking the Valley to the curb. They spoke of how valuable they were and that their administration had received an invite to the Sun Belt conference. They had received the sealed manilla envelope from members of the Sun Belt, who were seen wearing conference polos touring the athletic facilities. It was hilarious! Fast forward to now. Replace SWOMO with KU, replace Sun Belt with B1G, keep the manilla envelope and conference officials in polos touring their facilities, and that is the dillusional talk on phog.net.

The weird thing is that Misery State to the Sun Belt might actually be in play now. CUSA could raid the upper-tier MVC football programs. If those schools think there's any way they can afford to move to FBS football, the Valley could get devastated. I have no idea if any Valley schools would keep their Olympic sports in the MVC if they moved their football, but the MVFC couold be in serious jeopardy.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

The weird thing is that Misery State to the Sun Belt might actually be in play now. CUSA could raid the upper-tier MVC football programs. If those schools think there's any way they can afford to move to FBS football, the Valley could get devastated. I have no idea if any Valley schools would keep their Olympic sports in the MVC if they moved their football, but the MVFC couold be in serious jeopardy.
                      I was looking at their fan forum last night and some of them were wanting to move to CUSA but some were whining about increasing the student fees to raise the money. The students only pay $50 a semester now. That was probably what I paid at WSU when I started college in 1976. I doubt they have the balls to move up.

Comment

• I took a look at the valley board to see if there was any talk of their schools reaching out to CUSA ... Of course a dedicated thread about WSU and the American and these adds. I think the intent was to make fun of us... The problem ? It very quickly turned into 4 pages of people talking about whether the valley could find a way to get WSU back lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

I was looking at their fan forum last night and some of them were wanting to move to CUSA but some were whining about increasing the student fees to raise the money. The students only pay $50 a semester now. That was probably what I paid at WSU when I started college in 1976. I doubt they have the balls to move up.
                          By all accounts they sold the cattle off years ago so they are in the position that Ricky Del Rio used years ago "All hat no cattle"

Comment

Kansas could move to the Pac. They could do that along with OSU and KSU. When and if that happens, the Big 12 dies and Wichita State would be in just as good of shape in the American.
                            We're on the same page. Either the Big 12 dies or it becomes the new American w/ a couple remaining B12 schools. That would be the ideal scenario for us. Status quo is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

We're on the same page. Either the Big 12 dies or it becomes the new American w/ a couple remaining B12 schools. That would be the ideal scenario for us. Status quo is not.
                              Since adding four schools, the Big 12 now has some stability, as exit fees are expensive. The Pac may help a few Big 12 schools move, but the B1G won't. Kansas could end up in the Pac, but economics make that a long shot.

What many forget, conference exit fees have nothing to do with GoR. OU and UT both will owe the Big 12 millions when they leave; staying until 2025 simply lets them keep their broadcast rights and tv revenue. Had Kansas had a real, viable exit, they would have done so, along with Iowa State, Oklahoma State, or whomever. Kansas and one other leaving would have dissolved the conference and no exit fees would have been owed.

Seismic shocks from realignment work downhill. OU and UT started the turbulence. No other schools in the Big 12 moved, the Big 12 called up schools from the American plus BYU, the American poached six lower schools, now all movement has shifted to the lower levels of the G5. Eventually, a few fcs schools might get called up to the dregs of fbs. It won't work back up to KU.

Comment

Since adding four schools, the Big 12 now has some stability, as exit fees are expensive. The Pac may help a few Big 12 schools move, but the B1G won't. Kansas could end up in the Pac, but economics make that a long shot.

What many forget, conference exit fees have nothing to do with GoR. OU and UT both will owe the Big 12 millions when they leave; staying until 2025 simply lets them keep their broadcast rights and tv revenue. Had Kansas had a real, viable exit, they would have done so, along with Iowa State, Oklahoma State, or whomever. Kansas and one other leaving would have dissolved the conference and no exit fees would have been owed.

Seismic shocks from realignment work downhill. OU and UT started the turbulence. No other schools in the Big 12 moved, the Big 12 called up schools from the American plus BYU, the American poached six lower schools, now all movement has shifted to the lower levels of the G5. Eventually, a few fcs schools might get called up to the dregs of fbs. It won't work back up to KU.

KU, OSU, and probably WVU are working day and night to find a way out of the B12. They care absolutely nada about a couple million in exit fees (after divided across all affected members).

Comment

Working...
                                X