Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    My apologies if a redundant post

Though September may typically feel like a dead period in the college basketball calendar, recent conference realignment news…
    The more BE fan bases that talk about adding WSU, the better. The move would make great sense.

I know some talked about how conference affiliation has "more to do with than just sports". Well, not in my eyes.

Put the basketball program in the best position to succeed and everything else will shake out just fine. I don't know if they have independents in baseball, but I'm sure WSU could arrange something with the BE to keep that program in a different conference if WSU brought everything else and maybe added soccer teams as well.
    The Assman

Comment

• The thompson's towel guy does make a solid argument for WSU in the Big East...the quandary for WSU is the short time in the AAC. As for Kansas, its fans can probably live with the new conference alignment given that their football program is "abysmal". Of course KU fans would love the ego trip of being a Big1G member. Doubt if either school goes anywhere for a while.

The Big1G "minimum standard of facilities" that a previous poster brought up really rang a bell with me. I don't care about a bigger KU football stadium with all the bells and whistles, just one that is nicer looking like the 1920's stadium that you can still see beneath the god-awful later additions. Got to say that the the aesthetics of WSU have improved remarkably over the last 30 to 40 years while if anything, KU's have declined.

Last edited by N Crestway; October 26, 2021, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• Tell me how it's a quandry? I assume we wouldn't move to the BE until close to when the other schools move...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I don't know if they have independents in baseball, but I'm sure WSU could arrange something with the BE to keep that program in a different conference
          Why would the BE not allow WSU baseball in their conference? UCONN and Creighton have decent baseball programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Why would the BE not allow WSU baseball in their conference? UCONN and Creighton have decent baseball programs.
            I think he meant have WSU be independent in baseball and BE in all other sports. That way the Shockers could play basketball in the BE and avoid being in a sh1thole baseball conference.

Unfortunately, conference affiliation doesn't work that way. Schools, by rule, must have all sports except football in the same conference. Schools competing in sports that aren't sponsored by their conference can be affiliate members in other conferences that do sponsor that sport. Swimming and gymnastics as example.

That said, joining the BE would certainly almost guarantee Wichita State an annual slot in the NCAA baseball tournament. BE baseball is horrendous.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I think he meant have WSU be independent in baseball and BE in all other sports. That way the Shockers could play basketball in the BE and avoid being in a sh1thole baseball conference.

Unfortunately, conference affiliation doesn't work that way. Schools, by rule, must have all sports except football in the same conference. Schools competing in sports that aren't sponsored by their conference can be affiliate members in other conferences that do sponsor that sport. Swimming and gymnastics as example.

That said, joining the BE would certainly almost guarantee Wichita State an annual slot in the NCAA baseball tournament. BE baseball is horrendous.
              We haven’t exactly been torching it on the basepaths lately either.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

We haven’t exactly been torching it on the basepaths lately either.
                BE baseball is akin to NAIA.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Good to know. I didn't think they could, but as you could see from my post I proposed the idea in case it was a possibility.

Still, basketball brings in $$$ for all other sports, so putting that program in the best position to succeed should help all the others at WSU as well.
                  The Assman

Comment

• 20211028_164843.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      Boatright may have his office door closed and phone calls forwarded while he looks at this but that middle line is a straight kick to the nuts.

Maybe he’s into that.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Great. Can't wait...

Comment

• We are becoming a conference of directional schools.
                          Go Shocks!

Comment

• Comment

• Interesting lengthy thread on this guys take on conference realignment. He no clue who he is but interesting nonetheless. He has us going to the new B1G.

Comment

Interesting lengthy thread on this guys take on conference realignment. He no clue who he is but interesting nonetheless. He has us going to the new B1G.

https://twitter.com/HoopFan29/status...rRa5W7h4A&s=19

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X