Quick! To Twitter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    I still say that any sports analyst who decides these issues nationally will say that the national coach of the year is the winner of the national champion.
    Last year UConn won but the AP voted Mike Brey of Notre Dame the National Coach of the Year?
    The year before that Duke won but the AP voted Jim Boeheim of Syracuse National Coach of the Year?
    The year before that North Carolina won but the AP voted Bill Sell of some scardy-cat school up north National Coach of the Year?

Now get this ..

The year before that Kansas won but the AP voted Keno Davis of Drake ... National Coach of the Year.

I don't think your logic is holding up regarding sports analysts making these decisions.

Here's a list of the who the AP has voted in: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associa...ch_of_the_Year

Here's a list of who won that year: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ball_Champions
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
      Brilliant!

I don't know that I'd even say he shut down Stutz. It's hard to take credit for shutting down a guy that's sitting on the bench for most of the game because of foul trouble. It's clearly not hard to convince the MVC refs that Stutz is a wrecking ball with fists so fast the naked eye can't quite see him punching people in the face the moment he grabs the ball ... but by the player lying on the ground, clearly he must have.
      I know most on this board have forgotten more about basketball than I will probably ever know BUT having said that if GE gets Stutz in foul trouble which in turn gets Stutz a seat on the bench and out of the game, I think GE pretty effectively shut Stutz down. When you aren't in the game, you can't score or rebound or assist or screen or do any of a combination of the above. Whether it be that GE actually got Stutz to foul him or just convinced the refs Stutz fouled him, the result is the same. On the bench and out of the game. I love Stutz and his game but just wish the refs would let him play.

Comment

Working...
      X