X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Jason Perez ... never 1st team All Valley
    JP was first team all valley wasn't he?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Yes.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

All-Valley First Team (24 players honored 44 times): Cleo Littleton, Joe Stevens, Ron Heller, Lanny Van Eman, Gene Wiley, Dave Stallworth, Dave Leach, Kelly Pete, Warren Armstrong, Greg Carney, Terry Benton, Rich Mordsen, Bob Wilson, Robert Elmore, Lynbert “Cheese” Johnson, Cliff Levingston, Antoine Carr, Xavier McDaniel, Sasha Radunovich, Steve Grayer, Jason Perez, Jamar Howard, Paul Miller, Clevin Hannah
      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

If anything, I think you can argue that the Valley probably rewards a "body of work" more than it should. Mo Evans was probably not included because he only played at WSU his freshman and sophomore years. You could argue that the pumping of Sunshine McDermott is incongruent with that theory, but CU is a top tier Valley team whereas WSU was a mid-level team during Mo's time here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

My bad....I must be remembering (in my advanced age) the year Jason and Mo were on the same team and didn't make 1st team. I (think) Mike was none too happy about it, and no doubt it had something to do with the poor placement of the team (play-in round). How was that even possible?

Comment

Mike?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              My bad....I must be remembering (in my advanced age) the year Jason and Mo were on the same team and didn't make 1st team. I (think) Mike was none too happy about it, and no doubt it had something to do with the poor placement of the team (play-in round). How was that even possible?
              In Evans sophomore year he averaged like 20 ppg and Perez averaged 15 or so. Neither made first team. However, the comparison to be made here is to Drake. We were a mid-pack team with a very good junior and a very good sophomore (i.e. Simons and Rice) and neither was 1st team. I wouldn't be a bit suprised if neither Rice nor Simons made first team.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                Your logic is failing.

These are individual awards, not team awards. Team awards are win/loss records, conference standing, advancement in tournaments, etc. Individual awards go to players who have exhibited stellar individual performance. It is easily conceivable that the best players for the individual awards might not play for the best team, nor is there any rule that states they must.
                I asked for you or someone else to explain. All you said was an obvious comment that WSU is a better "team" when it seems (in Paul's opinion), that their top players are better than ours. Why is our team better if Creighton's top players are better than ours.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  I asked for you or someone else to explain. All you said was an obvious comment that WSU is a better "team" when it seems (in Paul's opinion), that their top players are better than ours. Why is our team better if Creighton's top players are better than ours.
                  Do you know what individual mean?

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Explaining it any further would by like trying to teach complex algebra to someone who doesn't even know what a number is.

It's right in front of your face. If you can't see it, I can't help.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                      Explaining it any further would by like trying to teach complex algebra to someone who doesn't even know what a number is.

It's right in front of your face. If you can't see it, I can't help.
                      You're an idiot.

Comment

freepost

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                          Do you know what individual mean?
                          A team is undefined. Is Marshall the reason? Who on the bench is better than them? I still say that any sports analyst who decides these issues nationally will say that the national coach of the year is the winner of the national champion. This also follows the players. To the winner goes the spoils. Because you can't define "team" any better than you do.

Comment

I'll be in the great state of New Hampshire visiting family in April. I will just kick his *** while I'm there. Problem solved.....;)
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

All. Please summarize and splain.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                All. Please summarize and splain.
                                The CU Rivals board douchebag owner formerly known as Matilda got his speedos in a wad this morning because it was floated that Doogie might not be POY because he can't even spell defense and because his team can barely read the license plate that Gregg drove over them in Omaha. Matilda spent every waking moment trying to prove CU is superior to WSU and that Lil Mac should be National POY.

Did that about cover it guys?

Comment

Working...
                                X