Quick! To Twitter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    Not just McDermott. According to Paul's assessment, Creighton won POY, Defensive POY, and Antoine Young (all three for All League). They came away with the Rewards. Can you explain?
    Your logic is failing.

These are individual awards, not team awards. Team awards are win/loss records, conference standing, advancement in tournaments, etc. Individual awards go to players who have exhibited stellar individual performance. It is easily conceivable that the best players for the individual awards might not play for the best team, nor is there any rule that states they must.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
      Worth quoting again..
      And yet he had two Shockers on the 1st All-Valley team.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I really could care less about post season award, the only award I care about is the one we received last night!!!!
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          I really could care less about post season award, the only award I care about is the one we received last night!!!!
          Indeed, and to a slightly lesser extent, next Sunday. Regardless of what we fans focus on, these guys are focused on the right things, and it's showing on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            Logically, a bail of wheat is much more dangerous than a blue jay. It could fall on you. It is less disruptive if you dropped a needle in it than a haystack would be, but certainly more than dropping that needle on a bird. Also, far more productive.

I suppose a blue jay could defecate on you, but that's about it. And they're good at making lots of noise.
            I betcha a million dollahs that wheat has tortured magnitudes of more people than blue-jays: Gluten allergies! MUHAHAHA I am actually on an Internet site arguing that wheat is more dangerous than a blue-jay. BAHAHAHAH! ... but ... the jokes on me?

#FearTheWheat
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFan87 View Post
              Not quite sure what point he's trying to prove by posting the WSU/ sCUm comparison sheet. WSU is clearly the better team. The only "issue" I can find is losses to Top 50 teams, but Creighton has losses to Top 100, which we don't, and they have 2 losses to 101-200 teams, where we only have the 3OT loss to Drake.

Can somebody help me out and show me what I'm missing?
              Yeah and until SWOMO lost their BB game and blew it last night, we were 6-0 against the top 100. And if UNI hadn't lost their BB game and one other one, we would be 4-3 against the top 50 too.

The Valley is not doing much to help us.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalkatz View Post
                What is his twitter handle?

If you mean Matilda, it's @Iamahugedouche

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  Unfortunately for us that may not be the way of it this year. McDermott has been in consideration for "National" POY most of the year and that goes in his favor. And to justify going against tradition by awarding the Valley POY to a player on the Valley Championship Team, all CU will have to do is play well in the tournament (which we all know they are fully capable of doing). I can see the voting going both ways, but I would not be surprised to see us lose on POY even if we win the Tournament. Doug has too much national publicity under his belt and I think there would be a HUGE stink raised if he did not win.
                  They choose the award winners BEFORE the Valley tournament.

Comment

Let's be REAL clear for a moment here. I hope EVERYONE realizes that Doug McDermott, as nice a year as he's had, is not only anywhere near NPOY material, he shouldn't even be considered for 1st Team All America. I like the kid, and love how he plays (offense) but he is what he is....a tireless, hard working really smart and sharp shooting player on the offensive end of the court, and a complete liability on the other end of the court. Frankly, I'm not convinced he SHOULD be HMAA, but I am sure he WILL be....at a minimum.

For history's sake, let's remember Mo Evans and Jason Perez were never 1st team All Valley and Maurice is still playing in the NBA. So the Valley has never struggled to downgrade WSU players that were obvious 1st team material. Let's see if (in a slightly different comparison) they treat a BJ the same way...somehow I think they won't.

Comment

Either way if Chewie JR. wins POY it wouldnt shock me. In a sense this is very similar to the AL MVP race. No real clear cut winner and so much in a fact a pitcher won (no knock on Verlander he was really effing good!) But the voters went against traditional wisdom and voted for Verlander.

Id rather it be a Shocker... But thats where someone like myself and Matilda differ. I use my head and think logically and rationally. Which is probably why I'm married to a hot wife and he's drinking Sam Jackson and humping fat bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                        ..............But thats where someone like myself and Matilda differ. I use my head and think logically and rationally. Which is probably why I'm married to a hot wife and he's drinking Sam Jackson and humping fat bitches

Post. Of. The. Year.

Comment

That was a real insult to that jackass to compare Matilda to it.

Comment

Id rather it be a Shocker... But thats where someone like myself and Matilda differ. I use my head and think logically and rationally. Which is probably why I'm married to a hot wife and he's drinking Sam Jackson and humping fat bitches
                            Mmm, mmm. It'll get you drunk!
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              I betcha a million dollahs that wheat has tortured magnitudes of more people than blue-jays: Gluten allergies! MUHAHAHA I am actually on an Internet site arguing that wheat is more dangerous than a blue-jay. BAHAHAHAH! ... but ... the jokes on me?

#FearTheWheat
                              Brilliant!

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                              GE for Defensive POY - hmmmm. Well, okay, if we are only looking at big men. He did shut down Stutz. But what about all the hot, hot shooters being shut down by our defensive guys. Sully's POY candidate didn't get his "average" in either of our games (at least I don't remember that he did) and how many other "star" shooters were held below their averages. It's one thing to stand under the basket and put your meaty hands and arms up and block shots, but I think it takes much more talent and effort to follow shooters all over hell and back to deny them their shots. Guess I would not make a very good sports writer or coach. Good thing we have Marshall.
                              I don't know that I'd even say he shut down Stutz. It's hard to take credit for shutting down a guy that's sitting on the bench for most of the game because of foul trouble. It's clearly not hard to convince the MVC refs that Stutz is a wrecking ball with fists so fast the naked eye can't quite see him punching people in the face the moment he grabs the ball ... but by the player lying on the ground, clearly he must have.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

he's drinking Sam Jackson and humping fat inflatable bitches
                                Fixed for accuracy.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X