Quick! To Twitter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    I think that Matty P believes that the comparison sheet isn't showing the correct stats which are (in his mind): top 50 wins (shown), PPG, # of players being considered for All-American, and home attendance.
    Don't forget other key factors such as: number of shades of blue in team uniform; northern latitude of team; number of players related to the head coach; amount of bird references in team logo; and percentage of school population on the basketball team.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

I'm with the argument that the best play should win the POY and not just the best player on the championship winning team. Looking at the record books and seeing Adam Emeneneneneneneneker's name on there is an EFFING SHAM.

With that said Joe/Garrett have turned it on down the stretch and while they lack Chewie Jr's offensive game both are heads and tails better defensively which gives them a step up as far as overall player is concerned.

With that said he seems to forget the Dick Vermiel Chiefs team. One of the best offensive teams the NFL has ever seen but what happened to them?

With that said the best thing to come out of his page is this beauty https://twitter.com/#!/cnesty4

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
        Thats not very nice to compare matty p to a jack ***.....what did the jack *** ever do to you?

Comment

I leave him alone on Twitter. I don't think I even follow him. He's been increasingly tweeting me and being a turd about it.

Pretty cool I have him talking about #FearTheWheat though.
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
            I'm with the argument that the best play should win the POY and not just the best player on the championship winning team. Looking at the record books and seeing Adam Emeneneneneneneneker's name on there is an EFFING SHAM.

With that said Joe/Garrett have turned it on down the stretch and while they lack Chewie Jr's offensive game both are heads and tails better defensively which gives them a step up as far as overall player is concerned.

With that said he seems to forget the Dick Vermiel Chiefs team. One of the best offensive teams the NFL has ever seen but what happened to them?

With that said the best thing to come out of his page is this beauty https://twitter.com/#!/cnesty4
            Throughout history, it's pretty consistent that the winner gets the spoils. It may not be fair but that's almost always how it is done.

Comment

You know to add, WSU if we win tomorrow has won by a large 2 game margin. Paul in his artlicle this morning had the same number of players for ALL LEAGUE for Creighton and WSU and both the POY and DPOY came from Creighton. Now how does that match the dominating fashion that WSU won the league. There must be some factor besides the statistics he used that separated the teams. I think that you don't have any way to numerically decide who the best players are. Therefore, it is most fair to choose from the "WINNER".

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Throughout history, it's pretty consistent that the winner gets the spoils. It may not be fair but that's almost always how it is done.
                Unfortunately for us that may not be the way of it this year. McDermott has been in consideration for "National" POY most of the year and that goes in his favor. And to justify going against tradition by awarding the Valley POY to a player on the Valley Championship Team, all CU will have to do is play well in the tournament (which we all know they are fully capable of doing). I can see the voting going both ways, but I would not be surprised to see us lose on POY even if we win the Tournament. Doug has too much national publicity under his belt and I think there would be a HUGE stink raised if he did not win.

Comment

Is there anything less scarier than the line "fear the wheat?"
                  Logically, a bail of wheat is much more dangerous than a blue jay. It could fall on you. It is less disruptive if you dropped a needle in it than a haystack would be, but certainly more than dropping that needle on a bird. Also, far more productive.

I suppose a blue jay could defecate on you, but that's about it. And they're good at making lots of noise.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    Unfortunately for us that may not be the way of it this year. McDermott has been in consideration for "National" POY most of the year and that goes in his favor. And to justify going against tradition by awarding the Valley POY to a player on the Valley Championship Team, all CU will have to do is play well in the tournament (which we all know they are fully capable of doing). I can see the voting going both ways, but I would not be surprised to see us lose on POY even if we win the Tournament. Doug has too much national publicity under his belt and I think there would be a HUGE stink raised if he did not win.
                    Not just McDermott. According to Paul's assessment, Creighton won POY, Defensive POY, and Antoine Young (all three for All League). They came away with the Rewards. Can you explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                      Logically, a bail of wheat is much more dangerous than a blue jay. It could fall on you. It is less disruptive if you dropped a needle in it than a haystack would be, but certainly more than dropping that needle on a bird. Also, far more productive.

I suppose a blue jay could defecate on you, but that's about it. And they're good at making lots of noise.
                      Not only that, today's genetically modified wheat spikes blood sugar levels and can accelerate the onset of diabetes. That's to be feared!

Comment

Not just McDermott. According to Paul's assessment, Creighton won POY, Defensive POY, and Antoine Young (all three for All League). They came away with the Rewards. Can you explain?
                        Remember, Paul can't vote for WSU players.

Comment

What is his twitter handle?

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post

Fear the wheat, for we are the children of the corn! (tm)

Comment

GE for Defensive POY - hmmmm. Well, okay, if we are only looking at big men. He did shut down Stutz. But what about all the hot, hot shooters being shut down by our defensive guys. Sully's POY candidate didn't get his "average" in either of our games (at least I don't remember that he did) and how many other "star" shooters were held below their averages. It's one thing to stand under the basket and put your meaty hands and arms up and block shots, but I think it takes much more talent and effort to follow shooters all over hell and back to deny them their shots. Guess I would not make a very good sports writer or coach. Good thing we have Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                Remember, Paul can't vote for WSU players.
                                Worth quoting again..

Comment

Working...
                                X