Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

What adds are they discussing? And why do you think there would be no exit fee?
    The worst directionals known to mankind + Rice. These are teams we wouldn't even buy to come to Koch Arena. FIU? FIA? F@CK? I've never even heard of some of these schools.

If the AAC gets down to a small enough membership number, the conference dissolves. No exit fees.

The AAC is a powder keg. All we need is the wind to blow in the right direction and it implodes. That leaves us w/ many better options than staying in a greatly diluted AAC.

If Memphis stays forever, we'll be okay. But if they go, we've got to hope and pray the entire conference dissolves.

I'm still not convinced that KU will be playing in the same conference as UCF and Houston. Something is going to happen over the next couple years before OU/UT leaves.

KU and ISU would fit nicely academically in the B10. We'll see what happens when the new TV deal is announced. In the meantime, K|Uck will be buying football players as fast as they can issue the Bitcoin wallets.

Comment

• Assuming this is the forum your are referring to: https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-928355-page-180.html

My favorite post:
      Girls, girls. Settle down, you're all ugly.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Assuming this is the forum your are referring to: https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-928355-page-180.html

My favorite post:
        LOL!

Comment

• The AAC group is really getting moist over this one. And no, I'm not making this up.

Comment

• It could be worse.. The current buzz on the ku board is what type of new football stadium they are going to build with a rumored massive donation. I can’t even imagine getting excited about any kind of new stadium that will always be completely empty on game day

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
              It could be worse.. The current buzz on the ku board is what type of new football stadium they are going to build with a rumored massive donation. I can’t even imagine getting excited about any kind of new stadium that will always be completely empty on game day
              A new stadium is needed. Their current stadium is so bad and detracts from the in-game experience to the point where even with a winning program, they would not average more than 35-39k. Concessions are terrible (and understaffed), bathrooms are horrifically in a state of disrepair, and bench seating is outdated. The entire concourse is awful.

It has got to be the worse stadium in the P5 to match their football team.

Comment

It could be worse.. The current buzz on the ku board is what type of new football stadium they are going to build with a rumored massive donation. I can’t even imagine getting excited about any kind of new stadium that will always be completely empty on game day
                The wheels are in motion.

They aren't going to build a new stadium to play with UCF CC.

Both KU and OSU will be defecting. After they leave then WVU is gone. It could be KU and ISU to the B10, with WVU to the ACC (I believe there's an ACC school that the SEC is rumored to be considering poaching), and OSU to the PAC.

Then the "Big 12" will absolutely rape the AAC and we either get in w/ Navy or we go to the MWC w/ Tulsa.

That's a win-win over the status quo which will be a CUSA FUBAR replete w/ teams that consider an NCAA invite equivalent to winning the national championship.

There is a third option... let's hope we don't have to go there.

Oh, and can somebody fire AD BeltTight when they get a chance? Thanks in advance!

Comment

It won't take much to make KU an average football team. They will have maximum motivation now. And there's nothing to lose so they will cheat worse than an SEC team. Two massive donations are coming: one for the stadium, and one for recruiting. Just watch and see if they don't start getting some "surprise" recruiting coups.

ChicKUn 'bout to start cheatin' like it's 1999.

I'l be happy as long as their cheain' contributes to the demise of the AAC/CUSA3.0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

A new stadium is needed. Their current stadium is so bad and detracts from the in-game experience to the point where even with a winning program, they would not average more than 35-39k. Concessions are terrible (and understaffed), bathrooms are horrifically in a state of disrepair, and bench seating is outdated. The entire concourse is awful.

It has got to be the worse stadium in the P5 to match their football team.
                    Well a new stadium won’t solve staffing issues and I would not build any kind of new stadium for fans that leave at halftime when the team is actually good. It’s 20% a stadium issue and 80% a culture issue in Lawrence and they know it. The whole build a new stadium idea is just a PR stunt to make it look like KU is actually trying to solve it’s problems which consist of needing a new conference, but there is no silver bullet when they seem to have a unfixable culture issue. If those 3 AAC teams wouldn’t of jumped ship like they did, KU would actively be looking at canceling football right now

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Both KU and OSU will be defecting. After they leave then WVU is gone. It could be KU and ISU to the B10, with WVU to the ACC (I believe there's an ACC school that the SEC is rumored to be considering poaching), and OSU to the PAC.

Then the "Big 12" will absolutely rape the AAC and we either get in w/ Navy or we go to the MWC w/ Tulsa.

That's a win-win over the status quo which will be a CUSA FUBAR replete w/ teams that consider an NCAA invite equivalent to winning the national championship.

Oh, and can somebody fire AD BeltTight when they get a chance? Thanks in advance!
                      Let me make this clear, Iowa State and Kansas are not going to the B1G.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Let me make this clear, Iowa State and Kansas are not going to the B1G.
                        So you're saying there's a chance.

Comment

So wait ... UCF... With an enrollment of 66,000 in Orlando with a metro area population of 2.6 million is a "community college" (assuming that is what you meant by UCF CC)

Yet you have said KSU is "big time". The same KSU that has only 25k enrolled and sits in massive Manhattan ks with 55k population

Comment

It won't take much to make KU an average football team. They will have maximum motivation now. And there's nothing to lose so they will cheat worse than an SEC team. Two massive donations are coming: one for the stadium, and one for recruiting. Just watch and see if they don't start getting some "surprise" recruiting coups.

ChicKUn 'bout to start cheatin' like it's 1999.

I'l be happy as long as their cheain' contributes to the demise of the AAC/CUSA3.0.
                            So you mean they have been cheating their asses off in basketball this whole time but never thought to cheat in football until now?

Comment

• KU has no options, except to stay in the B12 and deal with it. They have no leverage.

icing on the cake will be if the B12 moves the basketball tourney out of KC. If that were to happen it would only be to spite KU.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                KU has no options, except to stay in the B12 and deal with it. They have no leverage.

icing on the cake will be if the B12 moves the basketball tourney out of KC. If that were to happen it would only be to spite KU.
                                This. Basketball has a place in realignment, but its behind football. Football is 70% of the network contract. KU could maybe have an outside shot to get into the B1G if there football program was even below average. Its not. KU football is the worst P-5 program in America. It's not even close. A new stadium can't mask the decompsing odor emanating from the KU football program.

And that's just the start. Sure, the stadium is the worst P-5 stadium, but you can go down the list, program to program, none of them are to P-5 standards in competitive level or facilities. Volleyball, bad, tennis, bad, baseball, bad, wbb, bad, swimming, bad, softball, bad. Bad programs and substandard facilities. 2025 is quickly approaching and there is simply too many problems and not enough time. Kansas put all of their eggs in one basket; unfortunately for them, the other conferences like to see solid football programs and eggs in every basket.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X