Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also of note. Look at who retweeted this

Screenshot_20211001-151634_Twitter.jpg

Comment

• Mr. Waterman is a very good salesman and closer. I'd put him in charge.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Also of note. Look at who retweeted this

Screenshot_20211001-151634_Twitter.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Joining the MWC with SMU and Gonzaga would be the best option on the table (besides the long shot of big east)

Comment

• MWC fans earlier today: "Why would any team in the MWC want to go to the AAC? It's a lateral move."

MWC fans later today: "The MWC should poach from the AAC! The MWC is the stronger conference."

Comment

• Uuhhhh, not sure what the hell just happened. As of earlier this week, this was practically a done deal, and I had hints that the move would be announced sometime around Wednesday of next week. Hope to have some answers soon...
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Not just "no" but "hell, no." Joining the MWC would be a huge mistake and one we won't even entertain. We are where we want to be as a "university with an athletics program" as opposed to an athletics program operating in a vacuum. Even with the conference changes, we're affiliated with schools like ourselves -- large-market, urban-serving research institutions.

But just for giggles, what if we were operating in a vacuum? Do you think our recruiting would be enhanced in regions where our coaches have historically had recruiting success? Do you really think taking kids out of the south and putting them on crap TV channels with games that start around midnight is a winning hand? I get that MWC fans and the writers who cover them don't fully grasp that nobody east of the Colorado line has ever seen a MWC game on TV, but y'all should know better. WuShock looks east for a reason.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                  Not just "no" but "hell, no." Joining the MWC would be a huge mistake and one we won't even entertain. We are where we want to be as a "university with an athletics program" as opposed to an athletics program operating in a vacuum. Even with the conference changes, we're affiliated with schools like ourselves -- large-market, urban-serving research institutions.

But just for giggles, what if we were operating in a vacuum? Do you think our recruiting would be enhanced in regions where our coaches have historically had recruiting success? Do you really think taking kids out of the south and putting them on crap TV channels with games that start around midnight is a winning hand? I get that MWC fans and the writers who cover them don't fully grasp that nobody east of the Colorado line has ever seen a MWC game on TV, but y'all should know better. WuShock looks east for a reason.
                  Well ..from a strictly basketball side .. AAC isn't looking like it's going to do anything to help us either.

Comment

• I keep seeing facilities of wanna be AAC schools on the american forum. Wichita State facilities seem old and outdated when I see stuff like this.

JMU Atlantic Union Bank Center & Parking Garage. Transformational. More than a Building - It’s an Experience. JMU Atlantic Union Bank Center has become a hom...

Comment

• F bomb the MWC and their Directors. It's time for the Shockers to bet on themselves and just keep winning. I have faith that winning in basketball and baseball will lead to something good. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

When people talk about basketball only, they mean non-football.

I also know I'm probably in the minority, but I'd prefer Dayton over VCU.
                        No. I prefer Dayton as well.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                          Not just "no" but "hell, no." Joining the MWC would be a huge mistake and one we won't even entertain. We are where we want to be as a "university with an athletics program" as opposed to an athletics program operating in a vacuum. Even with the conference changes, we're affiliated with schools like ourselves -- large-market, urban-serving research institutions.

At the time we moved to the AAC, that synergy between the university profile you describe and athletics was near perfect, sans football. The question is, will the AAC still have that kind of synergy in 3-5 years (should any of Memphis, SMU and Tulsa move on)? It may, but it may not.

As for recruiting, you do make a very good point. Our coaching staff's connections all seem to start in the plains and go east.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
                            I keep seeing facilities of wanna be AAC schools on the american forum. Wichita State facilities seem old and outdated when I see stuff like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJH-jSa8RQs
                            Weak take.

Koch is every bit as nice as that. Not to mention Eck and all of the updated practice and other athletic facilities. GTFO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
                              I keep seeing facilities of wanna be AAC schools on the american forum. Wichita State facilities seem old and outdated when I see stuff like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJH-jSa8RQs
                              Troll radar is pinging.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Are there any basketball programs with Final Four appearances that the AAC is rumored to be interested in adding? Any that would be interested in joining?

If Memphis leaves, that would leave only Temple, SMU, and WSU with Final Fours.

In the MVC, they have Loyola, Indiana State, Drake, and Bradley with Final Fours.

I care about basketball first and foremost. I wonder how this football-driven realignment is going to affect the NCAA tournament and college basketball.

WSU could remain in the American and be THE elite basketball program in the conference. Sort of like Gonzaga in the WCC. I just don't know if the AAC is the right conference to do that in. The WCC is a much more basketball-focused conference than the AAC. Several of the schools in the WCC don't even have a football team.

Comment

Working...
                                X