Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
    Here is an article from 3 months ago that might be worth your time:

AAC Football: Who should the league look at for potential expansion?

https://saturdayblitz.com/2021/06/03...ndidates-2021/

I’ve been thinking about this exact same thing this weekend…where does the AAC go?

First, I am hoping for a Hail Mary from the AAC and ESPN. Doubtful, I know.

Second, I (as if I have a say in the matter) don’t like the idea of adding schools in the Pacific time zone. Just too much territory to cover. I do like Boise St., however…and think there needs to be another from the Mountain time zone (i.e. Air Force, Colorado State) I think the third should be someone like a UNC Charlotte, eastern time zone…large TV market, geographic fit, if that matters anymore.

Long term, I agree with many that a basketball (non-football) only conference would likely be out best option.

My $.02.

Comment

• We've just got to control the controllables folks. We escaped the Valley; that was a win! After all is said and done, if my math is correct, we'll have had 6 basketball seasons with superior conference competition (2018-2023). A LOT can happen between now and 2023. In fact, if the folks that jumped into the Big East 5 mins. before it detonated will remember, a lot can happen in only a few months. I have a sneaking suspicion that 2-3 current B12 members will not be playing the new AAC members.

Let's get past Covid and get back to packing that wonderful arena to the top. I think we've built enough of a reputation now that scheduling will never again be a problem (unless we slide backwards hard) *knocks on wood*. With the B12 losing quite a bit of status, we should never have a problem scheduling any of them again either. Well... besides the ChicKUns and the Mildcats.

And for the love of God... maybe start up a little foolsball team. Basically non-revenue. Just print some cool WSU jersey's and let's see what happens. Who knows what a spark might ignite. Regardless of what the doomsday folks have said, football ain't going anywhere. We are naked as jaybirds without it. Only if we get installed into the Big Pee should we relax. And even then, I still think we should start up a little club. We can play Villanova.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        Well... besides the ChicKUns and the Mildcats.
        We have a series going with the Mildcats you dipshit. Maybe take a break from the CNN and MSNBC machines once in a while, and you'll catch up.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

We have a series going with the Mildcats you dipshit. Maybe take a break from the CNN and MSNBC machines once in a while, and you'll catch up.
          Christ! I've had ex-girlfriends show less bitterness than you.

I'm well aware of the series. I'm also aware that they agreed to start it up the second our program crested and began its decent.

Comment

• Anyone who is into depression and fear needs to take heart. These musical chairs isn’t over. KU,OSU, ISU, and every other team in the disintegrating conference wants to be invited to the AAC, BIG, or PAC, and expansion will happen again. Our AAC schools who want a divorce right now, will be looking at future remarriage, when some of their partners run off with other suitors.

This isn't over, not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
              Anyone who is into depression and fear needs to take heart. These musical chairs isn’t over. KU,OSU, ISU, and every other team in the disintegrating conference wants to be invited to the AAC, BIG, or PAC, and expansion will happen again. Our AAC schools who want a divorce right now, will be looking at future remarriage, when some of their partners run off with other suitors.

This isn't over, not even close.
              Lmao. Loser denial 101. We’re screwed, KU is begging to be invited to AAC? Lol . Your post would make sense if it was 101% sarcasm

Comment

• Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post

Lmao. Loser denial 101. We’re screwed, KU is begging to be invited to AAC? Lol . Your post would make sense if it was 101% sarcasm
                Your brain is a little bit broken. He clearly meant ACC.

Comment

• There have always been conferences composed of the folks from the island of misfit toys. The MVC in the 1960s is an example. Houston, Cincy and West Texas State and New Mexico State? ? The metro was weird with Louisville, South Carolina and Virginia Tech; the Great Midwest, Conference USA?

Even the Big East, when they added football was a bit of an odd lot, even before the short-lived tenures of SDSU, TCU and a few others.

Louisville's conference travels are kind of fascinating actually, but they hit the mother lode when they were selected for the ACC over UConn.

Comment

• Everybody take a breath. We aren’t in a position of strength but the world isn’t ending. We just need to keep supporting the Shocks. We have a good basketball reputation. We will be ok. The AAC won’t be as strong without Houston and Cincinnati basketball but it is still better than the MVC. There are some schools that match the AAC profile. I imagine that the conference will look at UAB, North Texas, So Mississippi. App State etc. I don’t see any Mountain West schools in my opinion.

Comment

And for the love of God... maybe start up a little foolsball team. Basically non-revenue. Just print some cool WSU jersey's and let's see what happens. Who knows what a spark might ignite. Regardless of what the doomsday folks have said, football ain't going anywhere. We are naked as jaybirds without it. Only if we get installed into the Big Pee should we relax. And even then, I still think we should start up a little club. We can play Villanova.
                      I still don't understand why they have not. KU is 19-99 in the past 10 years. I bet it would only take 6-7 years to reach that number of wins (against inferior competition).

Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

I think the third should be someone like a UNC Charlotte, eastern time zone…large TV market, geographic fit, if that matters anymore.

I think the AAC should go after Charlotte for the potential. Recruiting hotbed, large market, wealthy alumni base. I live in NC and that school is ready to explode with the right exposure. They've only had a football team for eight years and are already making waves. And it might at least be worth looking into App State as a football only member with Davidson joining in basketball.
                      Last edited by yesimaKUfan; September 6, 2021, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yesimaKUfan View Post

I still don't understand why they have not. KU is 19-99 in the past 10 years. I bet it would only take 6-7 years to reach that number of wins (against inferior competition).
                        The standard fanbase response is as follows: "It's D1 or nothing"

I'm of the opinion (at this point) that we just start some GD football. I don't care what level. I'm tired of being grouped in the with universities that play none. Let's get the black and gold back on the gridiron. It can be novelty and fun without being too expensive. It will give us an excuse to bring back some of the alumni. Better than nothing folks.

Comment

I think the AAC should go after Charlotte for the potential. Recruiting hotbed, large market, wealthy alumni base. I live in NC and that school is ready to explode with the right exposure. They've only had a football team for eight years and are already making waves. And it might at least be worth looking into App State as a football only member with Davidson joining in basketball.
                          BTW, do you think your ChicKUns are gonna bounce from the B12 before the AAC teams show up? They're going to the ACC aren't they? That's where they belong.

Comment

BTW, do you think your ChicKUns are gonna bounce from the B12 before the AAC teams show up? They're going to the ACC aren't they? That's where they belong.
                            I think it will be after this wave and before the next wave. f I were betting on it, I'd bet on them ending up in the second super conference made up of the B1G and the top remaining ACC schools after the SEC takes FSU & Clemson. I figure that will be sometime in 2024-2025 but no one outside of ESPN/Fox knows how this will end up.

Comment

I think it will be after this wave and before the next wave. f I were betting on it, I'd bet on them ending up in the second super conference made up of the B1G and the top remaining ACC schools after the SEC takes FSU & Clemson. I figure that will be sometime in 2024-2025 but no one outside of ESPN/Fox knows how this will end up.
                              Kansas has nowhere to go. Period. Their hope, and only hope, is for the Big 12 to complete cobbling something together. This isn't difficult for any econ majors. GOR TV money is 70% football, 30% basketball. So, Kansas has a great basketball program, that awesome 30% will never be enough to overcome their drag on the 70% of football money. If Kansas was a truely viable addition to the ACC, B1G, or Pac, the announcement would have been made shortly after the UT-OU announcement. It didn't happen. In fact, the Pac publicly said no additions, and the B1G did as well. If KU were the commodity their fans think they are, a bidding war would have occurred. Nothing happened.

I live in B1G territory. Nowhere in B1G land do fans clamor to see Kansas basketball. They vomit at the thought of Kansas football. And Kansas Olympic sports are horrendous. Kansas adds zero value to a TV contract. The added TV revenue from basketball come no where near to the lost revenue KU football takes off the table. If KU fans knew anything about the world outside of Lenexa and Overland Park, they would have coughed up the $350,000,000 asked for a few years ago. Instead, fans contributed just enough to build KU's first football specific indoor practice facility- on par with much of FCS ball. Bunch of of arrogant dumbasses with no pulse on the outside sports world.
                              Last edited by MoValley John; September 6, 2021, 11:29 PM.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Just win baby
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X