Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post
    Are they working with imaginary numbers? Because they have a less than 0% chance of making it.
    Gonzaga all sports paired with Boise Football has a decent shot. Gonzaga would be on an island though. Location would be the killer. West Virginia (or UCF if they are added too) flying their volleyball team all the way to Spokane probably isn't going to be a positive thing.

Comment

• Who could the AAC add if they lose them all?

- another military academy combo like Army/VCU?
      - is a school like Liberty appealing? They’ve been growing in football and basketball.
      - maybe Buffalo? They've had some decent success recently.
      The Assman

Comment

• If the AAC loses all, I would rather play in the A10.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          If the AAC loses all, I would rather play in the A10.
          Big East.

Hey, a kid can dream.
          The Assman

Comment

• If this goes down, we're basically in the former MVC with Memphis taking on the Creighton role. Except that Memphis appears to be willing to violate any and every rule in order to land blue chip recruits .

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              Who could the AAC add if they lose them all?

- is a school like Liberty appealing? They’ve been growing in football and basketball.
              The home run would be poaching the MWC and making divisions IMO

EAST
              1. SMU
              2. Temple
              3. ECU
              4. USF
              5. Memphis
              6. Tulane

WEST
              1. Colorado State
              2. Utah State
              3. Boise State
              4. SDSU
              5. Wichita
              6. Tulsa

Probably need to flip SMU to the West to put Navy in the East for football but that would be a home run and solidly the 6th best conference in football plus a really good basketball league. Would those teams jump? who knows ... i think the OU/Texas crap has a lot of school rethinking things. Might be better to stop fighting to be the 6th best conference and just merge to become it. That way when the new CFP is announced, you are in a good position. Also, I think ESPN owns the MWC contract too, so they could make it happen if they wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                Who could the AAC add if they lose them all?

UAB has been one that's come up a lot. They are investing big in their football.

Basketball will suffer, but if we can get to the F4 in the Valley, we can do it in the depleted AAC. It won't be as easy, and we won't be able to lose much, but what's new? We've squandered the last couple easy NCAA invites anyway.

Memphis will be our Creighton and it will just be the two of us hammering away.

Now, if Memphis leaves to the MWC, we are TOTALLY ****ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                  If this goes down, we're basically in the former MVC with Memphis taking on the Creighton role. Except that Memphis appears to be willing to violate any and every rule in order to land blue chip recruits .
                  A lot depends on backfills, but SMU is still there too. Temple should be able to be decent at some point, they have the history. Tulsa is Tulsa and better than the majority of the MVC most years. So it's still a baby step up from MVC days.

Comment

• Ya know... we were inquiring for entry into the MWC back in the day. Perhaps our two leagues could merge? East and West division.

UNLV, SDSU, Utah St... not horrible.

Comment

• I think UAB is one of the most likely options (good TV market, good football and decent hoops, history with Memphis, geographic fit).

It would be great if the AAC could get App State to join for football only and then poach an A10 school for all other sports (perhaps a Dayton, VCU, or Saint Louis).

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        Ya know... we were inquiring for entry into the MWC back in the day. Perhaps our two leagues could merge? East and West division.

UNLV, SDSU, Utah St... not horrible.
                        See post #1101 above.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                          I think UAB is one of the most likely options (good TV market, good football and decent hoops, history with Memphis, geographic fit).
                          I'm not sure I would call them decent hoops ... at least anytime in the last 15 years.

Comment

• Sounds like we wont have to wait long to know the first part of the carousel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm not sure I would call them decent hoops ... at least anytime in the last 15 years.
                              Andy Kennedy has the program trending in the right direction. They should be a top 100 team this year. Football definitely matter the most but at least their basketball program isn't a dumpster fire (like ECU).

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Andy Kennedy has the program trending in the right direction. They should be a top 100 team this year. Football definitely matter the most but at least their basketball program isn't a dumpster fire (like ECU).
                                Football will drive the bus, but they are like the 50th choice when it comes to basketball unfortunately. Replacing Top 10-30 teams most years (UH and Cincy) with a MAYBE Top 100 is a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X