Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    We're still better off than in the Valley. WSU is toast regardless, as is anyone not in a P4 conference. We aren't going to be the only ones without a chair, that's for sure. It's just delaying the inevitable. The Big 8 is on life support too, regardless of how many AAC teams they pluck. College sports is going to be down to 64 schools and everyone else. 4 conferences of 16. Just a matter of time.
    Exactly. When none of the remaining schools are enough to move the needle for the ACC, PAC, or B1G, we are all in the same predicament.

And what we have heard is likely the B12 throwing sh!t at the wall to see what sticks. We did not go from a cease and desist to them poaching 3 AAC schools. No way.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      We're still better off than in the Valley. WSU is toast regardless, as is anyone not in a P4 conference. We aren't going to be the only ones without a chair, that's for sure. It's just delaying the inevitable. The Big 8 is on life support too, regardless of how many AAC teams they pluck. College sports is going to be down to 64 schools and everyone else. 4 conferences of 16. Just a matter of time.
      Wrong. This could actually work out well for us.

college basketball is the only revenue generating sport in the world where the big fish in a small pond has the same opportunities as the largest shark in the ocean.

Winning is our brand… let’s find the best league that allows us to maximize winning

WSU favs and, more importantly, the leadership failed to understand this.

We want to have a clear advantage over our conference rivals….

B8 please take Memphis and Cincinnati too.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Wrong. This could actually work out well for us.

college basketball is the only revenue generating sport in the world where the big fish in a small pond has the same opportunities as the largest shark in the ocean.

Winning is our brand… let’s find the best league that allows us to maximize winning

WSU favs and, more importantly, the leadership failed to understand this.

We want to have a clear advantage over our conference rivals….

B8 please take Memphis and Cincinnati too.

LMAO. Well with that rationale, let's just join the SWAC.

You're horribly, horribly misguided with your "running way from competition" fantasies.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This is literally all KU’s fault. All’s they had to do the last 10 years was build a new football stadium and field a team that was around 500 to eventually get accepted into the Big 10. It’s been the state wide joke for a long time of how a so called flag ship school could have such a terrible football set up and now it’s suddenly not a joke anymore.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
              I'm assuming the moment they add a team without OU/Texas being involved, the legal fight for ALL of the OU/Texas money begins. I hope these teams aren't jumping hoping to get a cut of that exit money .. because they are unlikely to see the majority of that after it hits the courts.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                Wonder what this will do for the AAC ESPN deal?

Comment

• Now that the dominos are starting to fall, I think it's more likely than not UH, UC and UCF are gone. That leaves WSU, Memphis and SMU at the top of the conference, basketball wise. Neither of UM or SMU are going to be happy about that from the football perspective, and I can see them bolting to the MWC.

So here is what I think the three likely AAC expansion scenarios are (in no particular order):

1. Fill in with currently successful football schools from the south/east, (AppSU, Coastal Carolina, Liberty, Louisiana, UAB, Marshall).
                  2. Go after the geographically close MWC schools (UNM, AF, CSU)
                  3. Go after the best MWC football schools (BSU, SDSU, AF)

Worst-case scenario, in my estimation, is Memphis and SMU leaving for the MWC. If that happens, we are barely a tick above MVC basketball and the conference money will disappear. While I'd love to see the American bring in Dayton and VCU, I don't see it happening since football drives the bus.

The Big East might be willing to take a call from WSU, but unless they want another public to give UConn some company that may not be a good institutional fit.

This sucks.

Comment

• Posted this in another thread but this appears to be the active one. Do any of you have connections in the AD and think this could be you? https://twitter.com/MHver3/status/1433586733787066374

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

This sucks.
                      Yes it does. It sucks a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by yesimaKUfan View Post
                        Posted this in another thread but this appears to be the active one. Do any of you have connections in the AD and think this could be you? https://twitter.com/MHver3/status/1433586733787066374
                        Well, that would be nice for sure
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by yesimaKUfan View Post
                          Posted this in another thread but this appears to be the active one. Do any of you have connections in the AD and think this could be you? https://twitter.com/MHver3/status/1433586733787066374
                          Based on the fact that the Twitter account in question is anonymous and even then, the intelligence on this is all tenuous at best, I'd say...

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Based on the fact that the Twitter account in question is anonymous and even then, the intelligence on this is all tenuous at best, I'd say...

I'm guessing it's Gonzaga if the BYU rumors are true but it would surprise me if WSU didn't at least try.

EDIT: didn't see your text above. This account has been all over the place but he has broken some news from Big 12 meetings so he has at least one solid source.

Comment

• What's the required votes to get voted in ? 75% 100%? ... We know there is 25% of the remaining 8 that will vote no to WSU no matter what options are on the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                What's the required votes to get voted in ? 75% 100%? ... We know there is 25% of the remaining 8 that will vote no to WSU no matter what options are on the table.
                                80% so the full remaining 8. I wouldn't say this is very likely but I'm curious who the school is.

Comment

Working...
                                X