Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-22 Basketball happenings around the American Athletic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Utah and Arizona are not on the list. The 17 states are:

1.Texas
    2.Alabama
    3. Idaho
    4. Iowa
    5. Oklahoma
    6. South Carolina
    7. South Dakota
    8. Kentucky
    9. North Carolina
    10. Kansas
    11. Mississippi
    12. Tennessee
    13. Florida
    14. Montana
    15. Arkansas
    16. West Virginia
    17. North Dakota
    That’s nuts.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• No new info today in the rumor mill, just more affirmation about the AAC maneuvering to take in several B12 orphans.

KState fans also starting to get retarded. There’s a common theme that there is no sinking ship.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Just a reminder that San Diego State played in the NCAA tourney recently in Wichita. Their Foundation payed for the travel or something.

Comment

• Hey guys Temple fan here, thoughts on what will happen to the AAC?

Comment

• And it starts...

Comment

• it's going to be interesting to see how this plays out over the next year or two. If ESPN really wants to kill the XII and prop up the AAC, how much money and which schools would they target for the American?
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Somebody just tell me when I can come out of the fetal position.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Well OU and UT in the SEC next fall.

They are sweating bullets in Lawrence. And shitting blood in Manhattan.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Well OU and UT in the SEC next fall.

They are sweating bullets in Lawrence. And shitting blood in Manhattan.
                    Not until 2025
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I don't think there is any way they stay until 2025. They even allude to that in their release. I hope this means OU and Texas think other Big 12 members are on the way out as well and the conference will cease to exist so they can leave penalty free.

Comment

• Interesting to say the least.
                        The Big 12 will likely lose the rest of their teams if Texas and Oklahoma go to the SEC. Where will they go?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                          Interesting to say the least.
                          Works for me, but I'm not the brightest bulb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dice260 View Post
                            I don't think there is any way they stay until 2025. They even allude to that in their release. I hope this means OU and Texas think other Big 12 members are on the way out as well and the conference will cease to exist so they can leave penalty free.
                            There's always that chance. I honestly don't know the ramifications of leaving early and what hold the GOR has and the financial impact. But I could also see the XII not forcing them out earlier to give them time to figure out what they want to or can do. I'm sure they'll be hearing from Fox soon enough about how this will impact the rest financially and that will be interesting.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

There's always that chance. I honestly don't know the ramifications of leaving early and what hold the GOR has and the financial impact. But I could also see the XII not forcing them out earlier to give them time to figure out what they want to or can do. I'm sure they'll be hearing from Fox soon enough about how this will impact the rest financially and that will be interesting.
                              Very true. There will definitely be alot of moving pieces. It'll be interesting to see the battle between Fox and ESPN too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                                Interesting to say the least.
                                I'd be okay with most of those. I'm not sure if Kansas' ego would allow them to be in the same conference as us. Though if they have no other choices.... I'm not sure Iowa State gets into the B1G. I'm not sure KSU would be invited to the AAC, especially if KU came. Would the AAC want that much Kansas representation? I could see them in the MWC.

If we were adding five from the XII, Kanas, Baylor, OSU, ISU and Tech may be the best scenario, assuming WVU gets into the ACC. Otherwise you swap WVU for Tech. WVU would be a nice addition for the eastern portion of the conference if possible. We would have a damn good basketball conference and football would get a boost with OSU and ISU.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X