• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Tyson?
    I believe he is refering to Krusty

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post

I believe he is refering to Krusty
      Well, the Hambleton’s support WSU too, and I think Dave Johnson who was the “Gunner” is still around. How about Lubbers? I think I mentioned Krusty as just an example. Can these other dealers represent the Shox?

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I think the fewer tax cheating rapists the program can be associated with the better.
        I think Rusty Eck died a long time ago, BOBB. I just mentioned him as an example. Are his kids or whomever is running Rusty Eck Ford tax cheating rapists too? Not all car industry owner Shocker supporters are bad people.

Comment

the same blue blood cheats as always have carte blanche now. they will still pay under the table, tax free, is their hook.

Comment

The NCAA kind of gave the finger to the states that passed NIL laws. Players in those states have to follow state laws. The NCAA's guidelines appear much less restrictive.

Here's a few from the law in Tennessee

An individual booster can't hire a player for a birthday party.

A booster who has a legit business can hire a player to promote his business, but only for typical business reasons, like advertising spots, promotional events, etc.

A player can ONLY be paid going market value, not some ridiculous amount that is obviously payola.

All NIL deals have to be laid out in writing BEFORE they occur, and approved by a designated 3rd party, such as a marketing firm, and by the university. They must be signed by all parties and are legally binding. Copies are distributed and filed.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Translation: Now that I can get paid, I'm staying in college.
              Not to Memphis though it seems.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

Not to Memphis though it seems.
                Care to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Tyson is a tax cheating rapist?
                  Rusty was.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I think the moderator needs to step in here.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      Jenkins becomes the third, joining Mo and Dex.

Some of these NIL opportunities seem so stupid. Never heard any of them so far and gopuff is not even available in Wichita from what I can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Some of these NIL opportunities seem so stupid. Never heard any of them so far and gopuff is not even available in Wichita from what I can tell.
                        I don’t think this is sustainable.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Will we be willing to discuss the advantages/privilege white women have?

Hanna and Haley Cavinder turn TikTok fame into NIL cash - Sports Illustrated

Comment

Are post game interviews with players going to start sounding like nascar racers?

“With the help of my teammates and my G2 blue coconut Gatorade we were able to win tonight. Can’t wait to blast some tunes in my new Ford Edge from Mel Hambelton Ford. Don’t forget to check out their latest inventory!”
                            Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                            Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Comment

So I looked at TP’s Twitter page and it looks like he’s begging for NIL money. He also signed up with Yoke Gaming. I didn’t know what it was, but apparently you pay to play video games with athletes. Dexter and Mo are also signed up with Yoke. I don’t know about you all, but that’s the last thing I would want my kid doing when they’re supposed to be in college and playing D1 ball - 2 full time jobs. Now they have a 3rd distraction of playing games for extra money, which is a big time suck, as anyone with kids knows. Hope this doesn’t adversely affect the other aspects of their commitments.

Comment

Working...
                                X