Shockers and NIL deals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Some of these conferences probably only have one or two teams carrying the bulk of nil deals. So I'm not sure of the relevance by conference.
    It looks pretty relevant by conference.

Comment

• Ate lunch at Brickhouse Brewery today. Thought that would be perfect NIL opportunity for the Shocks. Or at least for Tyson.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It looks pretty relevant by conference.
        So how do Texas nil deals help the big 12 as a whole? That's my point. I doubt more than 2 or 3 schools in the big 12 rank in the top 40 yet the conference ranks pretty high.

Comment

• Women's bball is surely helped by the Cavendar twins. I'm surprised their conference isn't higher up the list.

Comment

• Just like conferences can be skewed by a single teams nil deals, single players can skew a teams numbers. A couple football players are raking in over one million a year.

Comment

• Bumping this thread from almost a year ago to see how things have developed. Good to look back in time and see what was said on Shockernet in the early stages.....

Comment

• I now know why AD Boatright acted in the manner he did over the last year in regards to NIL. Here are a couple of his advisers and what they instructed him to do...

Comment

• I saw some NIL collectives that have monthly subscriptions... E.g. subscriber only videos from players, birthday wishes etc based on different monthly tiers. I think a LOT of people would get behind that, both here and with TSF folk.

Maybe my next project after the billboards. Not sure if I have enough know-how on the legal side to start that but it's a groundbreaking idea that allows those of us not fortunate enough to make 6 figure deals a bit of NIL power. Sign the whole roster and dish out the profits evenly per month.
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                    I saw some NIL collectives that have monthly subscriptions... E.g. subscriber only videos from players, birthday wishes etc based on different monthly tiers. I think a LOT of people would get behind that, both here and with TSF folk.

Maybe my next project after the billboards. Not sure if I have enough know-how on the legal side to start that but it's a groundbreaking idea that allows those of us not fortunate enough to make 6 figure deals a bit of NIL power. Sign the whole roster and dish out the profits evenly per month.
                    That's a great idea! The main competition would be cameo.com, but I looked on their site and didn't see any WSU students on it. You could set up your own LLC and start out with WSU students and then add other schools. So instead of being a NIL yourself, you partner up with existing NILs to get the athletes signed up.
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                      I saw some NIL collectives that have monthly subscriptions... E.g. subscriber only videos from players, birthday wishes etc based on different monthly tiers. I think a LOT of people would get behind that, both here and with TSF folk.

Makes me wonder if you could couple that with some WSU students who are in digital media and marketing that could gain experience and a little pay for helping manage and produce such an endeavor. Call it "Shocker Student Brand Development LLC" or something like that. It could even have resources to help students who are not athletes learn how to build a personal "brand" if such a thing is helpful in their field. Definitely useful for those who would freelance, like musicians and artists, but I'm sure there are other fields where this would be relevant.
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Makes me wonder if you could couple that with some WSU students who are in digital media and marketing that could gain experience and a little pay for helping manage and produce such an endeavor. Call it "Shocker Student Brand Development LLC" or something like that. It could even have resources to help students who are not athletes learn how to build a personal "brand" if such a thing is helpful in their field. Definitely useful for those who would freelance, like musicians and artists, but I'm sure there are other fields where this would be relevant.
                        I think one way to keep NIL deals positive for the fans is helping the community. I think our fan base would be asking way more questions, maybe even upset, if CP's NIL deal was just a bunch of money, but since he will be doing things that help the Wichita Sports Forum, it is much less controversial. Including other parts of the university in NIL efforts would be huge!

Comment

• I think WSU could sneaky be a pretty big player in NIL. We don't have a Football team to compete with, so we can literally channel all our community money into NIL and get some dudes. No reason we shouldn't have the most power among Mid-Majors. I truly think if things go right for us, we could end up getting a conference upgrade when the inevitable implosion of the NCAA happens and conferences shift one more time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post
                            I think WSU could sneaky be a pretty big player in NIL. We don't have a Football team to compete with, so we can literally channel all our community money into NIL and get some dudes. No reason we shouldn't have the most power among Mid-Majors. I truly think if things go right for us, we could end up getting a conference upgrade when the inevitable implosion of the NCAA happens and conferences shift one more time.
                            There's no conference upgrade to be had without football, unless you'd consider a potential MWC invite an upgrade. And the only way that happens is if the AAC falls apart and somehow loses it's media deal edge that it has over the MWC and SMU and a couple of others go West. And I don't really see that happening.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post
                              I think WSU could sneaky be a pretty big player in NIL. We don't have a Football team to compete with, so we can literally channel all our community money into NIL and get some dudes. No reason we shouldn't have the most power among Mid-Majors. I truly think if things go right for us, we could end up getting a conference upgrade when the inevitable implosion of the NCAA happens and conferences shift one more time.
                              See I disagree, I think football will VERY soon break off and be its own thing with its own commissioner and set of rules and that will open up basketball conferences to not be bound by football. Similar to the way the Missouri Valley Conference is technically different from the Missouri Valley Football Conference. With football being its own thing that moves MBB up on the totem pole to #1

Comment

• Hello, Shockernet!

This is our first post as members of Shockernet, but look for a new topic coming in the next day or two. To your point about a monthly subscription model, we have two programs that will be released (hopefully) later today or tomorrow.

This will be a HUGE opportunity for fans to jump on board and create an impact at WSU.

More to come,

Armchair

Comment

Working...
                                X