2021 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Tekele out with an injury but Clevin Hannah will now be playing.
    Bummer. Thats 2 years in a row for both Toure and Tekele

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

SHOX play July 16 at 8 pm. Not sure on TV.
      Thank you Sir!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Thank you Sir!
        ESPN2

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Tekele out with an injury but Clevin Hannah will now be playing.
          RAGE.GIF
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I have 1 ticket lower ga for saturdays games. Session 3 and 4 if anyone is interested. Free to a good home.
            Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• The Cotton news is highly disappointing. I think he was the player I was most looking forward to seeing play again.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Here's a breakdown of tv times (times mentioned in the article are Eastern) and announcers for TBT 2021 - https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-r...ng-off-friday/

Overview for those trying to plan out when to watch the AfterShocks:

Given: AfterShocks play at 8 pm central time on ESPN2 on Friday, July 16.

Win and play at 3 pm central time on ESPN on Sunday, July 18.
                Win and play at 8 pm central time on ESPN2 on Tuesday, July 20.
                Win and next game would be in Dayton at 11 am central time on ESPN on Saturday, July 31.
                Win and play at 11 am central time on ESPN on Sunday, August 1.
                Win and play in the championship at 8 pm central time on ESPN on Tuesday, August 3.
                Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; July 15, 2021, 11:28 AM.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Wait, were these games on ESPN last tourney? I attended the games, so it wasn't on my radar last time, but I didn't realize this tourney got that type of attention in the past?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Wait, were these games on ESPN last tourney? I attended the games, so it wasn't on my radar last time, but I didn't realize this tourney got that type of attention in the past?
                    I think so. I found this article from 2019 - https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...t-bracket-1-64 - that has in the 2nd paragraph "The Basketball Tournament, a single-elimination summer event that begins July 19 across ESPN networks, returns for its sixth year in 2019."
                    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• I watched from the comfort of my home in '19
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I think so. I found this article from 2019 - https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...t-bracket-1-64 - that has in the 2nd paragraph "The Basketball Tournament, a single-elimination summer event that begins July 19 across ESPN networks, returns for its sixth year in 2019."
                        Nice! That's a promising thing for this tourney!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The TBT game is a very affordable option ($15.00 or $25.00) to see Shocker basketball, even though it’s Shocker Alumni. Some of my money will seep into Shocker money coffers, and it probably is as good basketball as Tarleton State. I’m excited to see the guys, and cheer them on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            The TBT game is a very affordable option ($15.00 or $25.00) to see Shocker basketball, even though it’s Shocker Alumni. Some of my money will seep into Shocker money coffers, and it probably is as good basketball as Tarleton State. I’m excited to see the guys, and cheer them on.
                            If it's like the last time it was here .. I'd argue this is higher quality basketball than the vast majority of college games.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              The Cotton news is highly disappointing. I think he was the player I was most looking forward to seeing play again.
                              Do we know if Kel is still gonna show up and be around for the weekend like he was in ‘19? I need to see the Fred Ron and Tekele reunion.

Comment

• Conner advances in the 3 pt competition

Comment

Working...
                                X