2021 TBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Just manage. Apparently still not comfortable playing with his injuries. And why do I need to choose between Cotton or Baker... Either or both on the court would work for me.
    You don't have to choose, but Ron did play in the NBA, which is the highest level of professional ball, and I was hoping he'd play. I didn't know that Ron was still hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You don't have to choose, but Ron did play in the NBA, which is the highest level of professional ball, and I was hoping he'd play. I didn't know that Ron was still hurt.
      Yea ..... but ..... Cotton's Dunks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea ..... but ..... Cotton's Dunks!!!!
        HaHa. That’ll guarantee a WIN. I suppose he looks good.

Comment

I’m not sure that he is still hurt but he quit playing for quality of life reasons, not necessarily because he couldn’t keep going. Depending on how bad his shoulder was injured, I can understand not wanting to lose function by reingury.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

I’m not sure that he is still hurt but he quit playing for quality of life reasons, not necessarily because he couldn’t keep going. Depending on how bad his shoulder was injured, I can understand not wanting to lose function by reingury.
            The other thing for Ron is that there's not much to gain from him playing in the TBT. He already got an NBA paycheck and played overseas for a little while. He's not hurting for money. Now, if he felt like he could still play in the NBA, that would be another story, but even then...he's 28 years old and not getting any younger in NBA terms.

That said, I played pickup ball about a month ago and one guy I graduated high school with tore his Achilles. Definitely made me re-think that activity. I'll stick to golf.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Or he just didn’t want to play and didn’t want to try for his share of the million dollar prize. I guess he still gets a share of the prize now without playing.

Comment

Is Cotton eligible for an extra Covid year, nothing I'd like better1

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                    I'd love to see Carl Hall in an AfterShocks jersey
                    I worked with Carl for a few months at Koch last year. He no longer appeared to be in playing shape.
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Or he just didn’t want to play and didn’t want to try for his share of the million dollar prize. I guess he still gets a share of the prize now without playing.
                      I highly doubt any of this is driven by money for Ron. He made $9.5 million in the NBA and turned down a $200,000 contract from the Nets to play for CSKA Russia. He likely made 10 million playing basketball, all while driving a Kia and couch surfing. Its reported that he owns 1 house around Hays.

Comment

I highly doubt any of this is driven by money for Ron. He made $9.5 million in the NBA and turned down a $200,000 contract from the Nets to play for CSKA Russia. He likely made 10 million playing basketball, all while driving a Kia and couch surfing. Its reported that he owns 1 house around Hays.

... and a Ford F-150 (Cowboy Cadillac)...
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post

I worked with Carl for a few months at Koch last year. He no longer appeared to be in playing shape.
                          That's a shame
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Updated

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                I can not be the only one that noticed how much hair Connor has now...
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X