No announcement yet.

2021 WSU transfers starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think TE would be the first one in line taking some blame for the team pooping the bed in the postseason.

Comment

• I too wish we had Amarie Stoudamire in the post but guys like him aren’t coming here. We need improvement everywhere, but our biggest weakness last year was Trey Wade and Monzy at the 4, not Mo at the 5.

Comment

• Nobody is blaming Mo for anything. He is what he is. Was he our best big this past season? Of course. But that's not saying much of anything at all as we essentially had nobody else that contributed much of anything. Mo needs help but playing fewer minutes. The perimeter guys need help by having someone more reliable to make good decisions and have their back on D. Mo is a good backup type center. He should not be playing over 20 per game.

We played poorly our last three games. USF was without their best big. Cinci didn't really have a big. They had that one white guy that wasn't very good. Drake had a big guy who was ok.

But if you want, I can go cherry pick games where his numbers were plain bad. Nobody is saying Mo sucks, but he is most definitely not a guy you can or should build around in the post. At least not in a P7 conference.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          I too wish we had Amarie Stoudamire in the post but guys like him aren’t coming here. We need improvement everywhere, but our biggest weakness last year was Trey Wade and Monzy at the 4, not Mo at the 5.
          I haven't seen anyone mention him. We've never had someone that good. Well, maybe Antoine, or X, but not as a recruit.

Comment

• Mo would make a fantastic 4 when paired with a JT Durley type post.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
              Mo would make a fantastic 4 when paired with a JT Durley type post.
              I used to think like that, but now I'm in the camp that your 4 has to be able to shoot the 3 to be an elite team.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                Mo would make a fantastic 4 when paired with a JT Durley type post.
                He couldn't defend a four, can't pass, and can't shoot outside 24", He's not a four

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

He couldn't defend a four, can't pass, and can't shoot outside 24", He's not a four
                  I would like to see what he could do in motion. I agree that he is not a stretch 4.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I used to think like that, but now I'm in the camp that your 4 has to be able to shoot the 3 to be an elite team.
                    If only we had a 6-8, 220 lb. 4-man who shot better than 40% from three on more than 80 attempts over the past two seasons. That would be very Pleasant.
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

If only we had a 6-8, 220 lb. 4-man who shot better than 40% from three on more than 80 attempts over the past two seasons. That would be very Pleasant.
                      I was just having a cup of Joe as I was reading your post. What a Pleasant thought this would be if it were only possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I was just having a cup of Joe as I was reading your post. What a Pleasant thought this would be if it were only possible.
                        Sorry, can't help myself...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Sorry, can't help myself...

"Career highs
                          • Rebounds: 10 (at UNLV 11/18/19)
                          • Assists: 3 (at Central Arkansas 1/25/20)
                          • Steals: 3 (at Wichita State 12/29/19)
                          • Blocks: 2 (at Northwestern State 2/5/20)"

Joe Pleasant - Men's Basketball - Abilene Christian University Athletics (acusports.com)
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "Career highs
                            • Rebounds: 10 (at UNLV 11/18/19)
                            • Assists: 3 (at Central Arkansas 1/25/20)
                            • Steals: 3 (at Wichita State 12/29/19)
                            • Blocks: 2 (at Northwestern State 2/5/20)"

He broke most of these highs last season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Also, if your 5 can shoot the 3, then you're a very elite team.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                But if you want, I can go cherry pick games where his numbers were plain bad. Nobody is saying Mo sucks, but he is most definitely not a guy you can or should build around in the post. At least not in a P7 conference.
                                Who said build around? How about giving the guy a little valuable help down low.

I disagree with most of your observations of Mo, if not all, for one simple reason, of a few; have you seen the other bigs' in this "Power Seven" conference? Apparently you have and are giving them much more credit than I do, when comparing their value to their teams, and Mo's to the Shocks. There's not one sniffing AA status, or even all district for that matter.

I'm baffled when people on this board, supposedly intelligent basketball fans at that, point to Mo as an indicator of WSU's lack of defensive success (or successes overall). You gotta' be kidding! Then, the reality of WSU's lack of size on the front line, as far as hitting the glass goes, is countered with "well, X could do it." So now we're comparing 6'5" power forwards and 6'8" centers to Xavier McDaniel huh? That's absurd, and is the very definition of straw man. But, these are the same people who said WSU would own Drake and Loyola all year this year, so, apparently, they weren't watching much basketball beyond the AAC.

Last edited by ShockingButTrue; April 23, 2021, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X