Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

the majority are not moving up
    Using the Shockers as the base line, I believe you are correct in that the majority move down.
    Re MKR’s comments, I wonder how many players go back to their original school. We’ve had a few do that in the past few years.

Some of these guys like ES, JB just seem to wander. Can’t ever find their rhythm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
      Using the Shockers as the base line, I believe you are correct in that the majority move down.
      Re MKR’s comments, I wonder how many players go back to their original school. We’ve had a few do that in the past few years.

Some of these guys like ES, JB just seem to wander. Can’t ever find their rhythm.
      JB got recruited over when TT got McClung, plus, sans COVID season, he had planned to RS. I'm sure he also thought he could beat out a couple of their guards. They really didn't have a nails PG, it was almost by committee. Edwards was OK, but nothing special, IMHO. It will be interesting to see what he does now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        Question: what happens when these guys enter the transfer portal and either
        a. No one shows interest
        b. Lesser school, conference is the only one that shows interest.

Seems like it can be quite the gamble when the ideal school isn’t interested.
        Seems to happen a lot with guys that leave WSU. Out of all the guys from last year only Burton moved to a program which I believe was currently at a higher level. Then he ended up coming off the bench and half the minutes. Our guys typically leave due to lack of playing time. Last year was just weird.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Maybe go closer to home? UNCC, UNCG, ECU, etc.

Comment

• There’s approx 1,300 players in the portal. That’s an average of roughly 4 per team. A lot of these guys will end up at JUCO (like Rod Brown) or low level D1. They are all looking for minutes to improve their games. The unicorns are the All league guys like the Drake kid that is looking to move up, they get recruited by everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              There’s approx 1,300 players in the portal. That’s an average of roughly 4 per team. A lot of these guys will end up at JUCO (like Rod Brown) or low level D1. They are all looking for minutes to improve their games. The unicorns are the All league guys like the Drake kid that is looking to move up, they get recruited by everyone.
              Not that there won't be (or more), but where did you get that number? Verbal Commits has it at 1,172 so far or approximately 1,200. Is there a better place to look?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Not that there won't be (or more), but where did you get that number? Verbal Commits has it at 1,172 so far or approximately 1,200. Is there a better place to look?
                it's possible I read they are expecting 1,300. Whether it's 1,200 or 1,300, the point remains the same.

Comment

• 6909F869-0A07-4E7F-89D4-2AB243C250EE.png Hopefully this doesn’t upload small. Also not sure how much truth is to this but if so, pretty exciting!

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
                    6909F869-0A07-4E7F-89D4-2AB243C250EE.png Hopefully this doesn’t upload small. Also not sure how much truth is to this but if so, pretty exciting!
                    When was this posted?

Comment

• EA891B6D-063D-45A0-8B9B-B94BD0A1FEA9.png
                      Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

When was this posted?
                      Today but it’s not the official WSU MBB Instagram page so that’s why I’m not believing it until I see it. Coach Waterman and all the players follow the page though.

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
                        EA891B6D-063D-45A0-8B9B-B94BD0A1FEA9.png

Today but it’s not the official WSU MBB Instagram page so that’s why I’m not believing it until I see it. Coach Waterman and all the players follow the page though.
                        Welp, looks like another day of refreshing every 30 seconds!

Comment

• Great news. But I do think it's somewhat irresponsible to put stuff like that out for public consumption. At least be somewhat cryptic and/or private about it so it's not completely obvious for everyone to know what's going on. It also tells your source you can't be trusted not to share sensitive information, good, bad, or otherwise.

Maybe I'm way off base here?
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• So is the Duke transfer the C Tapé?
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                              So is the Duke transfer the C Tapé?
                              I believe it’s the piece de resistance.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                                So is the Duke transfer the C Tapé?
                                I would have assumed the pg Goldwire since we are known to have been in contact with him.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X