Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Looks like Ricks is standing a little farther behind Pleasant causing him to look taller due to the angle. Though overall comparison to the others, Pleasant doesn't look 6'8 in comparison to all the others.
    That's what I was thinking but whatever he is it looks like it is pretty much all muscle. But photos can be deceiving. Maybe he is standing on a low spot.

Comment

• This year really or this summer. Didn't want to start a new topic but do we have anyone that is going to be able to watch practice or pick up games this summer? Always used to have a few like RDR attend and give their impression of our guys.

Comment

• I've seen many overlooking Clarence Jackson in their next season projections. Sounds like he's going to be a major contributor.

Comment

I've seen many overlooking Clarence Jackson in their next season projections. Sounds like he's going to be a major contributor.
          Action Jackson II
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I've seen many overlooking Clarence Jackson in their next season projections. Sounds like he's going to be a major contributor.
            Disappointing to hear that McFarlane is "an extremely raw player." I was hoping as a two-year juco starter that he'd be D1 ready, but it sounds like Joe is well ahead of him on the PF depth chart.

Looks like we have "makers" all over the court now. Can't wait to see these guys play.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Overall a very positive report in my opinion. As far as McFarlane goes at least we have him for 3 years I I understand the Covid rules correctly that last year at Colby did not count towards his eligibility. Very good reports on RCIV, Monzy and Jalen Ricks.

Comment

• That's a very optimistic report. If the reality is 1/2 of what's indicated there, we're in for a fun season. Sounds like Council and Monzy can be threats from ANYWHERE! Here's hoping Udeze is spending his summer learning how to pass out of a double team.

Comment

• Time will tell if this report is accurate. I hope so.. Because if Tyson E. returns he is going to need players playing with him that can consistently make 3 point shots. This is what made Landry Shamet so hard to guard. He was playing with Austin Reeaves and Connor Feankamp. Hard to double Landry when you got those kind of shooters on the court with him.. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Disappointing to hear that McFarlane is "an extremely raw player." I was hoping as a two-year juco starter that he'd be D1 ready, but it sounds like Joe is well ahead of him on the PF depth chart.

Looks like we have "makers" all over the court now. Can't wait to see these guys play.
                    As long as McFarlane is more “cooked” than Bilau I still think he and/or Pohto will be an immediate upgrade over our back up centers last year.

Mo is a stud and is our starter. We just need some kind of production when he is forced to take a rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

As long as McFarlane is more “cooked” than Bilau I still think he and/or Pohto will be an immediate upgrade over our back up centers last year.

Mo is a stud and is our starter. We just need some kind of production when he is forced to take a rest.
                      While there are no guarantees that it translates the same way to D1, in juco it appeared that McFarlane was much more polished on the defensive end than the offensive end. If that proves to also be true at the D1 level, I think it is easier to find playing time for a defensive center with offensive limits than the other way around.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• I like what I read about Ricks and Grant. We need some of the newcomers to be immediate impact players.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I think they are D-1 but not sure:

Comment

• Tarleton State accepted an invitation to join the WAC and move to NCAA Division I in November 2019. Previously the Texans were in the Lone Star Conference (NCAA Division II) from 1994-2020.

The Shocker softball team played them in their season opener this past season winning 9-3.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I see that Patty Beamer is running for Mayor of Bel Aire. I am considering supporting her campaign, so she’ll be too busy to stalk the basketball team.

Comment

Working...
                                X