No announcement yet.

Next Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So does signing Jalen Ricks with the "final" scholarship instead of a point guard provide additional support to the premise that we will be seeing more of Tyson at the point next year?

I would like to see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      So does signing Jalen Ricks with the "final" scholarship instead of a point guard provide additional support to the premise that we will be seeing more of Tyson at the point next year?

I'm certainly not "informed" and I'd never describe myself as knowledgeable, but that doesn't stop me from having opinions.

When I saw Etienne listed as the #2 most efficient PG at the NBA stuff going on, a couple of thoughts came to mind. It looks like Etienne is using his summer to work on PG skills. He's doing that in an NBA environment. That leads to some pure speculation.

If Etienne is working on PG skills in that environment, it's possible IB may lean a bit toward an NBA-styled offense. Some fans may not like it, but iso and jack it from 3 if you're open may become more of the Shox offense. Looking at the roster and the recruits, it looks like IB has assembled the players for that type of a game.

Maybe the days of watching a PG dribble east and west for 10 seconds are over. We can hope.

Comment

• Knowing what I know about TE, I certainly wouldn't bet against him as a PG.

Comment

• This guy...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• TE is our best wing shooter. My question would be without him on a wing do we have
            good enough shooting on the wings with TE at PG? We have athletes but the game is
            evolving with emphasis on guys that can shoot the three forcing defenses to spread out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              So does signing Jalen Ricks with the "final" scholarship instead of a point guard provide additional support to the premise that we will be seeing more of Tyson at the point next year?

I don’t think so. This was for a development player that doesn’t mind sitting.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                TE is our best wing shooter. My question would be without him on a wing do we have
                good enough shooting on the wings with TE at PG? We have athletes but the game is
                evolving with emphasis on guys that can shoot the three forcing defenses to spread out.
                Don’t sleep on Ricky Council

Comment

• Update from Taylor on those currently on campus and when others are expected.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• isaac brown is cooking up something good.

Comment

• Guess I should have posted as a Twitter link...

Comment

• Porter also arrived. Joe Pleasant and Qua grant appear to know their way around a weight room

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Porter also arrived. Joe Pleasant and Qua grant appear to know their way around a weight room

Can someone identify all of the players I've got Jackson 2nd from the left - Porter next and RCIV down front.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post

Can someone identify all of the players I've got Jackson 2nd from the left - Porter next and RCIV down front.
                              Qua Grant sitting next to Ricky. Joe Pleasant in maroon shirt. I assume that’s McFarlan next to Coach IB. Guy on the left might be Jenkins with Jalen Ricks in the black T with gray shorts
                              Last edited by Dan; June 9, 2021, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• How often is it that young men aren’t making signs with their hands during a picture? Rather refreshing.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X