Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Jenkins is a motor guy right now. If he can get under control, he can be a legit second or third option every time he’s on the court.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Jenkins is a motor guy right now. If he can get under control, he can be a legit second or third option every time he’s on the court.
        Jenkins has the athletic ability of Ricky and could be another dynamite athlete. If he is legit this year and ready for prime time, Brown might want to consider more full court and half court pressing, similar to what Memphis does but hopefully with more discipline and less chaos filtered in. With Tyson, Porter, Chaunce, Ricky, Dexter, CJ, Pleasant, and Goal Keepers who are tall, long, mobile, and who can block shots like Mac Farlane, and perhaps Pohto, this could be a lethal combination to use more pressure defense than in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Verrry interesting...

He's too raw of an athlete to not get excited at the prospect of adding ball-handling to his skill-set.
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 14, 2021, 04:56 AM.

Comment

Here's a good roster breakdown for those who subscribe to The Athletic.

One key takeaway:

Brown is still after another guard, but he seems committed to his older guys.

“I need a young guy to groom,” he said, adding he hopes that’ll be a high school recruit. He doesn’t plan to use his 13th scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                Here's a good roster breakdown for those who subscribe to The Athletic.

One key takeaway:
                Thought provoking: It sounds as if Brown is ready to unleash Council, who could play starter minutes even if he comes off the bench.

- That's directly from the the write up.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Thought provoking: It sounds as if Brown is ready to unleash Council, who could play starter minutes even if he comes off the bench.

- That's directly from the the write up.
                  Could be why Trey Wade moved on
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Could be why Trey Wade moved on
                    I can’t remember if I raised this theory here, but another theory I have is that IB was told that he could not have 15 schollys due to the department’s financial cutbacks, thus no chance for Trey and AG to return. I could be way off the mark, but it seems somewhat plausible.

78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I can’t remember if I raised this theory here, but another theory I have is that IB was told that he could not have 15 schollys due to the department’s financial cutbacks, thus no chance for Trey and AG to return. I could be way off the mark, but it seems somewhat plausible.
                      What’s ironic is the reason for the cuts...
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Is this a joke? Is my meter messed up?

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          What’s ironic is the reason for the cuts...
                          It certainly would be ironic for our men’s basketball program to ever have had 15 scholarships. I thought only KU gave out the rquivslent of 15 scholarships plus paid bonuses, plus free transgender surgery, but my sarcasm meter is often turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Is this a joke? Is my meter messed up?
                            Not a joke at all. As I said, I could be completely off, but I do know that the department is hemorrhaging money. Men’s basketball even had to cut one of its staff positions. It could be a bad look to use all 13 scholarships AND keep both Trey and AG. As I look back on it, there didn’t seem to be much of an effort from staff to keep either guy. Maybe that could have been part of it. Maybe not, but it’s a thought anyway.

78-65

Comment

Not a joke at all. As I said, I could be completely off, but I do know that the department is hemorrhaging money. Men’s basketball even had to cut one of its staff positions. It could be a bad look to use all 13 scholarships AND keep both Trey and AG. As I look back on it, there didn’t seem to be much of an effort from staff to keep either guy. Maybe that could have been part of it. Maybe not, but it’s a thought anyway.
                              Didn’t you say 15 scholarships earlier or did I mis-read that? I’m getting really confused. Oh I get it. Our Seniors couldn’t stay or we would have had 15 guys on scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Didn’t you say 15 scholarships earlier or did I mis-read that? I’m getting really confused. Oh I get it. Our Seniors couldn’t stay or we would have had 15 guys on scholarship.
                                If seniors and WSU both had desire for this, seniors could have returned and not had their scholarships count towards the 13. Thus, we could have had scenario of legally having 15 guys on scholarship. For whatever reason though, Trey and AG aren’t returning. I’m wondering if budget cuts had anything to do with them not returning.

Follow me now?

78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X