Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Mm hmm. Mission accomplished.

From the Athletic: Pleasant will probably replace Wade in the starting lineup and should give Wichita State one of the biggest frontlines in the American.

That is music to my ears. I'm gettin' geared up to see the Shocks play them no-good thugs from Houston right now! Gorham's back right?
    Gorham was a senior, not sure he’s coming back. I think Fabian White is coming back though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Gorham was a senior, not sure he’s coming back. I think Fabian White is coming back though.
      Gorham is the one who's rebounding philosophy was to run full speed into the back of our players, taking out as many as possible, while never getting called for a foul right?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Gorham is the one who's rebounding philosophy was to run full speed into the back of our players, taking out as many as possible, while never getting called for a foul right?
        That would be him. He also likes to clothesline players, risking harm, full speed, and then not shake their hand afterwards for having done so (no surprise there).

Comment

I saw a preseason top 25 roster for Houston and Gorham was definitely on it. It had Gorham, Cheney, Sasser and Grimes (it didn't mention the draft).

Didn't this year not count on the books? Anyone, without exception, maintained 2020's year of eligibility.
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 19, 2021, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I saw a preseason top 25 roster for Houston and Gorham was definitely on it. It had Gorham, Cheney, Sasser and Grimes (it didn't mention the draft).

Didn't this year not count on the books? Anyone, without exception, maintained 2020's year of eligibility.
            Grimes is definitely out - he's expecting to get drafted. They had a lot of seniors and I think the only one they know for sure is coming back is White. Gresham and Gorham both graduated and it is thought that they are also moving on, along with Jarreau.

Comment

Grimes is definitely out - he's expecting to get drafted. They had a lot of seniors and I think the only one they know for sure is coming back is White. Gresham and Gorham both graduated and it is thought that they are also moving on, along with Jarreau.
              Seth Davis's preseason top 25 has Gorham, Cheney, White, Sasser and T. Mark as key returnees. It does mention Grimes too, but makes no mention of the draft (I'd guess he might be late 1st or early 2nd round pick).

With the fact that everybody can come back next year, because this covid season was a wash, where did you read those guys aren't coming back? I've read the opposite. I hope they are returning, and if they aren't why would they be top 25, without Grimes, Gorham and Jearau? I could see honorable mention with Sasser, White and Cheney.

Edit: Although, just reading ESPN's preseason top 25 (4/29) it does say Gorham and Grimes are gone, which would be a shame because I want the Shocks to play Houston at their very best.

Comment

Seth Davis's preseason top 25 has Gorham, Cheney, White, Sasser and T. Mark as key returnees. It does mention Grimes too, but makes no mention of the draft (I'd guess he might be late 1st or early 2nd round pick).

With the fact that everybody can come back next year, because this covid season was a wash, where did you read those guys aren't coming back? I've read the opposite. I hope they are returning, and if they aren't why would they be top 25, without Grimes, Gorham and Jearau? I could see honorable mention with Sasser, White and Cheney.

Edit: Although, just reading ESPN's preseason top 25 (4/29) it does say Gorham and Grimes are gone, which would be a shame because I want the Shocks to play Houston at their very best.
                We did split with Houston last year. Whether you would consider that team their very best, I don't know. Until I see otherwise I will assume Houston is going to be very good next year and will challenge WSU for the league title.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

We did split with Houston last year. Whether you would consider that team their very best, I don't know. Until I see otherwise I will assume Houston is going to be very good next year and will challenge WSU for the league title.
                  If Grimes and Gorham come back, yep. I hope they do.

If not, they'll most probably take a little dip, but, Samson is a good coach so they'll probably have a winning team without those two (and jareau).

Comment

I for one will not miss Lestat Jarreau

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      I for one will not miss Lestat Jarreau
                      He's on the biting Mt. Rushmore with Mike Tyson, Marv Albert and the shark from Jaws.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

He's on the biting Mt. Rushmore with Mike Tyson, Marv Albert and the shark from Jaws.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Yeap that is funny. I am sure some fans will only remember him for that incident and continue to talk smack on that. But he was the AAC Defensive player of the year. Shot 35% for 3 pont shots, and 70% from the free throw line. He led his team to the AAC Tournament Championship and to the Final Four playing injured. **** I wish we had a point guard with those types of numbers.

I know one thing shooting 58% from the free throw line and not being an offensive threat is not going to do the job for the shocks. Who ever is playing pg next year for WSU better be more than what we saw this year if they want to improve.. Go Shocks.

Comment

• I always wondered what would have happened had we recruited both Jarreau and Gresham....

Comment

Pretty funny and true. He has some fine upstanding comrades that can relate to his circumstances. LOL

The “Big Bite incident” doesn’t mean he’s not a good basketball player, but if one does stupid stuff, backlash happens. I’m sure his home boy fans will still back him up,(we probably would too if he was a Shocker), but it was still a stupid thing to do. It has nothing to do with our team.

Comment

You forgot Lorraine Bobbit

Comment

Working...
                                X