X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

And...?

What a bore.
    Glad I could keep you entertained for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Glad I could keep you entertained for a while.
      As God is my witness (don't be too offended by that pie) I was just going to say you're too entertaining for me to put you on block. I have absolutely no worries about your ignorance being contagious. Indeed, keep flaunting it, just like you did about the ACC.

Point guards don't exist, sort of like genders, but unicorns do...
      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 17, 2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

As God is my witness (don't be too offended by that pie) I was just going to say you're too entertaining for me to put you on block.

Point guards don't exist, sort of like genders, but unicorns do...
        If you say so...

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

If you say so...
          Just paraphrasing yourself. There you go projecting. Again.

What next? No such thing as point guards but Men can have babies? Oh, wait...

Bye for now. Your turn pie... (i'll be back later)
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; May 17, 2021, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Are we forgetting about Chaunce spending some time at the 1, or is it just kind of assumed he will play more at the 2/3?
            ​​​​​​
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              Are we forgetting about Chaunce spending some time at the 1, or is it just kind of assumed he will play more at the 2/3?
              ​​​​​​
              Unless I've missed something, I haven't heard any discussion of Chaunce as a pg. In the recent Athletic article, IB directly compared his skill set to Ricky, which would suggest wing not point.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Unless I've missed something, I haven't heard any discussion of Chaunce as a pg. In the recent Athletic article, IB directly compared his skill set to Ricky, which would suggest wing not point.
                Yeah. It appears Chaunce is 6'5 or so. I hope he warrants court time.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I did some looking and you're absolutely right. I'm not sure why I had him as a 1 in my mind.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I'll take 2 RCIV's any day of the week! Please!

Quoting HCIB from the Athletic, concerning Chaunce: "He'll be a guy that can play the 2 and the 3 spot. He'll play some point."

Looking at what's returning, plus what's coming in, I'm starting to think those preseason top 25 rankings weren't too far off. Just stabilize the point spot and the sky is the limit. They'll go toe-to-toe with Houston and Memphis.

Comment

I'll take 2 RCIV's any day of the week! Please!

Quoting HCIB from the Athletic, concerning Chaunce: "He'll be a guy that can play the 2 and the 3 spot. He'll play some point."

Looking at what's returning, plus what's coming in, I'm starting to think those preseason top 25 rankings weren't too far off. Just stabilize the point spot and the sky is the limit. They'll go toe-to-toe with Houston and Memphis.
                      I read right over IB's quote about playing some point. Good catch. I'm not sure if the quote was intended in the context of the coming year or to describe his potential positional flexibility over the course of his later college career.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I read right over IB's quote about playing some point. Good catch. I'm not sure if the quote was intended in the context of the coming year or to describe his potential positional flexibility over the course of his later college career.
                        I would say the latter. HCIB certainly hasn't given up on the kid, and was glad Chaunce didn't give up on WSU (per the article).

Comment

This is total speculation, but it is the off-season.

I think Chaunce stuck around because he got the "pep talk" from IB. I don't believe Trey Wade got that same talk. I think IB was probably upfront with Wade and told him that the recruiting priority was to get more height on the front line.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                            This is total speculation, but it is the off-season.

I think Chaunce stuck around because he got the "pep talk" from IB. I don't believe Trey Wade got that same talk. I think IB was probably upfront with Wade and told him that the recruiting priority was to get more height on the front line.
                            What’s not speculation is that HCIB doesn’t want more than 12 scholarship players.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I would say the latter. HCIB certainly hasn't given up on the kid, and was glad Chaunce didn't give up on WSU (per the article).
                              After the first game in the fall he pulled Chaunce and Jaden and gave them a little pep talk.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                                I think IB was probably upfront with Wade and told him that the recruiting priority was to get more height on the front line.
                                Mm hmm. Mission accomplished.

From the Athletic: Pleasant will probably replace Wade in the starting lineup and should give Wichita State one of the biggest frontlines in the American.

That is music to my ears. I'm gettin' geared up to see the Shocks play them no-good thugs from Houston right now! Gorham's back right?

Comment

Working...
                                X