21-22 Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Well Aargh, when that guy is on your side of an argument, you know you’re cooked.
    At last a post where I can agree with you. My fate has been sealed.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      Ralph Miller didn’t have to compete with widespread cheating, deal with corrupt AAU programs or shoe companies, and coddle kids whose people were telling them how easy it was to transfer without repercussions all while running a clean program.
      I'm skeptical of that take on widespread cheating. Corruption at NCAA headquarters is not a recent development.

The NCAA regulates college athletic ethics. The BBB regulates business ethics. Al Capone started the BBB. He used it to extort businesses to pay him to give them good reviews.

One year when I lived in Fairmount Towers, USC had two assistant coaches in either Miller Farr's room or Mel Farr's room just before football season started. One of them was on scholarship at WSU. When those coaches left his room, Farr and all his possessions were on a plane to California. The NCAA didn't even investigate WSU's claims of tampering with a player.

The cheating was probably worsein the '60's.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Thank you for doing this. There is no question Coach Marshall was the best.
        Miller had to be one of 16 teams, Ggg one of 64/68
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
          My biggest Marshall complaint was his inconsistent recruiting. Seemed like for every Tekele or Ron there were Manigault and Derail Greens. His aim was generally pretty low.
          You probably had a whole big list of complaints. Thanks for only sharing one. Too bad we sucked so bad. Those 20 Win seasons were a drag. We should’ve hired Bruce Weber instead. I thought we were supposed to move on to the new regime anyway. That’s what I’ve been trying to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Pretty sure you said a year.
            LMAO. I don't care what anybody says thats some funny stuff. I could not stop laughing.

Comment

• Unlike some out here, I still think the future is bright. Those who think no one but Marshall can ever lead the Shox to success will be disappointed unless the next coach wins a Natty. I don't choose goals where I'm likely to be disappointed.

I'm afraid the "We should never have let Marshall go", and the "We should have hired Jans", and the "We should never have hired IB" fans are never going to be satisfied with IB. That's going to make this forum pretty nasty because some posters are going to rag on IB for anything that falls below some posters hyperbole attitudes of what Marshall or Jans would have done.

My wishlist for 2021-2022 is that real Shocker fans will support IB because he is the head of the Shocker basketball program. My wishlist for 2021-2022 is that we will never hear "we hired the wrong guy". If there are legitimate criticisms of IB's coaching once he gets his own players into the system, that's the way it should be. Criticizing his coaching when he's coaching Marshall's recruits and running Marshall's system doesn't give us any info on how he recruits or how he runs a system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                I'm afraid the "We should never have let Marshall go", and the "We should have hired Jans", and the "We should never have hired IB" fans are never going to be satisfied with IB. That's going to make this forum pretty nasty because some posters are going to rag on IB for anything that falls below some posters hyperbole attitudes of what Marshall or Jans would have done.
                You just described what Baseball just went through. At least it started off better than the Todd Butler era.

Comment

• I'm afraid the "We should never have let Marshall go", and the "We should have hired Jans", and the "We should never have hired IB" fans are never going to be satisfied with IB. That's going to make this forum pretty nasty because some posters are going to rag on IB for anything that falls below some posters hyperbole attitudes of what Marshall or Jans would have done.

Well Aargh Ihave to agree with you on the above statement. Those fans that do not agree with the hiring of Coach IB will never be satisfied. There will always be some issue raised to say the university should have gone in a different direction. Coach IB should ignore them and just keep winning. Go shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You probably had a whole big list of complaints. Thanks for only sharing one. Too bad we sucked so bad. Those 20 Win seasons were a drag. We should’ve hired Bruce Weber instead. I thought we were supposed to move on to the new regime anyway. That’s what I’ve been trying to do.
                    nope, just that one, but thanks for letting me know what a dick you are

Comment

• We play KState next year, right?

Yeah, I want to beat those douches
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

nope, just that one, but thanks for letting me know what a dick you are
                        Now, Now, Now, you said "My Biggest Marshall Complaint I have is"........................ It had to be more than one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          We play KState next year, right?

Yeah, I want to beat those douches
                          I’d like to renew the OU and Baylor series as well.

KSU, OSU, OU, and Baylor would be great to have on a yearly basis.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I’d like to renew the OU and Baylor series as well.

KSU, OSU, OU, and Baylor would be great to have on a yearly basis.
                            KSU, KU, OSU, and OU all are within 2-3 hours and therefore are rivalry teams that we need to play as much as possible. When one ventures 5-6 hours (or close to that), that brings up a few other top notch (OU, and OSU are also Top notch even though for KSU and KU that's a stretch) teams that we have history with and would be good ventures.

Arkansas, TCU, Baylor, and Nebraska (wouldn't fit early because of weather but would fit for a mid week game in April or May) would fit in that 4-6 hour category. We don't have a history with Mizzou but would fit as usually a good program within 4-4.5 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Now, Now, Now, you said "My Biggest Marshall Complaint I have is"........................ It had to be more than one.
                              ok, you got me. I also wish he woulda taken a couple links off his watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                A big thing on my wishlist for next year is that this thread would get back on topic.
                                THANK YOU!!! Enough of the vitriol and proving who wears the biggest pants...

Comment

Working...
                                X