21-22 Wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

KSU, KU, OSU, and OU all are within 2-3 hours and therefore are rivalry teams that we need to play as much as possible. When one ventures 5-6 hours (or close to that), that brings up a few other top notch (OU, and OSU are also Top notch even though for KSU and KU that's a stretch) teams that we have history with and would be good ventures.

Arkansas, TCU, Baylor, and Nebraska (wouldn't fit early because of weather but would fit for a mid week game in April or May) would fit in that 4-6 hour category. We don't have a history with Mizzou but would fit as usually a good program within 4-4.5 hours.
    Mizzou would be nice to keep going. HCCM has a history of playing WSU going back to his time at SWMS.

Creighton would be a great H/H to start. Easy rivalry to revamp.

Adding other BE schools would be nice. Or Dayton and VCU in the A10. SDSU is always solid and adding them could maybe help in getting some recruiting done in Cali.
    The Assman

Comment

• I know they currently stink, but they won't forever...Nebraska....remember the NIT beatdown of the Huskers 8 years back???

Comment

• I think someone else already said this but my wishlist includes Ricky Council realizing that he could be an absolute terror on defense with his size and athleticism. Ditto for the boards which he hit pretty hard early then kind of fizzled late.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
          I think someone else already said this but my wishlist includes Ricky Council realizing that he could be an absolute terror on defense with his size and athleticism. Ditto for the boards which he hit pretty hard early then kind of fizzled late.
          No doubt. I wonder if WSU has film of Jamar Howard. Ricky may never have that natural unbridled enthusiasm that got JH the nickname Tasmanian Devil, but Ricky has the build, strength and athleticism to emulate a lot of ig.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            I think someone else already said this but my wishlist includes Ricky Council realizing that he could be an absolute terror on defense with his size and athleticism. Ditto for the boards which he hit pretty hard early then kind of fizzled late.
            He needs to get into a defensive stance.

He plays standing straight up way too much.
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

He needs to get into a defensive stance.

He plays standing straight up way too much.
              I started to post something cynical about coaching but what’s the point?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

I started to post something cynical about coaching but what’s the point?
                I think you've just about covered it all at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I think you've just about covered it all at this point.
                  Yes, and picking at scabs just causes scars. We’ll see what he does with a full offseason and a staff that is there because of him.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• This doesn’t necessarily belong on a wish list, more like a curiosity/hope list.

I wonder what Chauncey Jenkins and Jayden Seymour can bring to the table next year if they stay? If I had a nickel for every time Bob Hull mentioned that the coaches really liked both guys and that they were talented scorers/shooters I would be rich. Of course that comment was usually followed immediately by one of the two players firing up a brick in the game so...

I’m not super concerned about their ability to crack the rotation. Maybe I should be. We were basically in must win mode from game 1 and we couldn’t put teams away so there were no real opportunities to get them on the court.

Comment

• WSU just finished 290th in eFG%. They take a lot of 3s but don't make them.

Do we need more shooters or playmakers?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                        WSU just finished 290th in eFG%. They take a lot of 3s but don't make them.

Do we need more shooters or playmakers?
                        How about a tighter leash?

Comment

How is that going to make players make shots. This was a problem the year before too.

Comment

How is that going to make players make shots. This was a problem the year before too.
                            Playing within the system means less bad shots. Both years saw horrendous shot selection.

Comment

The point is that the "tighter leash" leads players to take better shots, not just any shot they can fire up.

Comment

I guess my question is...what kinf shooters do you have? UCLA does not appear to have ANY leash , but they have dynamite shooters....

Comment

Working...
                                X