X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wufan
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU View Post
    That looks like me playing with my kids in an 8 foot goal. He might be a little quicker than me though.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Our next 5 man...

178K likes, 1,536 comments - overtime on May 12, 2021: "EVERYBODY too little for 7’9” Big Naija 😈 @bignaija @mpacbasketball"

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
    We don't know the kid and the coaches would do their diligence on him, but this statement from the article gives me some pause.

Jones said. "I'll only have one year so I just want the chance for a coach to trust in me to put the ball in my hands and trust me to make game-winning plays.

I think we have other players who feel the same way and this may clash if we have too much of it. But I'm sure that the coaches would learn about him if they choose to go in this direction. He seems like more of a "wing guard" than a point guard.

The Point Guard from Georgia who is entering the portal is more of a true point guard, but he is probably looking for a blue blood program if he is looking to leave Georgia. However, you never know.

Leave a comment:

• wichshock65
    replied

Leave a comment:

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    With the NJCAA tournament having started this morning I am listening to the HCC game. Jaden Okon (6'3 G, son of Dominic) scored 16 points in the 2nd half before fouling out. He's averaged 6.7 pts, 4.3 rebs and 1.6 assits this year. I wonder what the chances are he would come to WSU as a walk-on?
    He would be a great addition.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    With the NJCAA tournament having started this morning I am listening to the HCC game. Jaden Okon (6'3 G, son of Dominic) scored 16 points in the 2nd half before fouling out. He's averaged 6.7 pts, 4.3 rebs and 1.6 assists this year. I wonder what the chances are he would come to WSU as a walk-on?
    Last edited by RoyalShock; April 19, 2021, 12:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SkoShox
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I don't think any transfer would have to sit for a year (unless they chose to). I think they are all eligible immediately.

My preference would be Muscadin, a HS guard, and the best senior grad transfer the Shox can snag.
    Yeah, I know. I didn't make myself clear. Our roster as it stands would be perfect for a couple of transfers to come in and sit one if the rules hadn't been changed.

Leave a comment:

• MikeKennedyRulZ
    replied
    Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
    It will be interesting to see where we go with these last 3 scholarships. As a transfer that can play immediately, looking at our roster it looks pretty log jammed for minutes. We don't necessarily have a huge hole to fill now. This would be a perfect situation for a couple of transfers that would have to sit for 1 year. Probably need one more 4/5 for sure, but other than that I am not sure where we would go.

PG: CP, QG, TE, CJe
    SG: TE, QG, RC, CJe
    SF: DD, RC, CJa
    PF: JP, CJa
    C: MO, MM
    I don't think any transfer would have to sit for a year (unless they chose to). I think they are all eligible immediately.

My preference would be Muscadin, a HS guard, and the best senior grad transfer the Shox can snag.

Leave a comment:

• SkoShox
    replied
    It will be interesting to see where we go with these last 3 scholarships. As a transfer that can play immediately, looking at our roster it looks pretty log jammed for minutes. We don't necessarily have a huge hole to fill now. This would be a perfect situation for a couple of transfers that would have to sit for 1 year. Probably need one more 4/5 for sure, but other than that I am not sure where we would go.

PG: CP, QG, TE, CJe
    SG: TE, QG, RC, CJe
    SF: DD, RC, CJa
    PF: JP, CJa
    C: MO, MM

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Need some high school players that we can develop. There’s gonna be a lot of good high school kids available with everyone filling their rosters with transfers.

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    As many on this forum have stated these three committs are nice additions to our roster. I am still most pleased with Qua signing during this period. Everything I read reminds me so much of FVV and how Fred "Bet on himself" his entire career. Fred's ability to just win over more athletic and higher rated players his whole life is so like what Qua has done in his life/career. I just really like this guy. Go Shocks

Leave a comment:

• BAShocker
    replied
    Wish list: one more big/center...then tap the brakes a little and see who pops up later this spring/summer for the last 2 scholarships. It is a pretty good roster at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Originally posted by shockersx View Post
    I feel like we’ve done a pretty good job of filling needs with these 3 guys, but I wonder what we do with the final 3 schollies. Maybe 2 HS prospects and BPA?
    I’m still holding out hope for Muscadin. I didn’t even know who he was before last week but I’m always intrigued by mobile 6’10 freshmen who have a year at a school like KU under their belt. Seems like he would be the perfect guy to come in and round out the new three headed monster.

Leave a comment:

• shockersx
    replied
    I feel like we’ve done a pretty good job of filling needs with these 3 guys, but I wonder what we do with the final 3 schollies. Maybe 2 HS prospects and BPA?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X