• Show
Clear All

• apkbaum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Seems like the only good shooters are Etienne and Dennis, and one of them struggled for a majority of the season.
    Yes DD struggled at the beginning of the season. He was inconsistent and missed alot of wide open shots. He and TE both need to spend more time in gym shooting this summer. Ricky Council IV shot 44% from 3 point line. He can still improve.. They have to get more shots for Ricky from the offense. CJ shot 30% from 3 point line but hit some big shots in games.. ALL 4 of them need to improve this summer. Hope Chauncey Jenkins and Craig Porter help improve 3 point shooting. Having several players that can consistently shoot 3 pointers makes the team more formidable.

But I am hoping they all get better at midrange jump shot. It 8s so great to see so many teams in tournament where guys can make this midrange shot off the catch and can go hit the shot off the dribble.

Clang missed a freethrow.

Leave a comment:

• Shock Top
    replied
    Call up Mick and get a multi-year H/H series set up with UCLA.

I became a fan of their team during this tourney run and would be happy to plan against a tough Cronin team every year.

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    Rebraca would/could be a darn good 4/5 combo player adding depth at both positions

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    Mobile 6’10 post who can rebound, block shots, run the court, and has some range out to 15 feet? Check.

Still need one more big for...depth (is it ok to recruit depth or is that a bad thing?) at the 5. Obviously if we can get a stud we jump but we primarily need defense and rebounding production.

Next on my wishlist is a PG. Yesefu from Drake would be the dream but the kid from Duke would be a really nice pick up too. Maybe there is an incoming freshman out there who is being overlooked due to the transfer mania this year. I like Porter and I think Etienne could be a good back up but at this point I’m not completely comfortable with that rotation. Jenkins is a wild card.

Last I’d love to see us get a long, athletic, rebounding, scoring machine to slot in at the 4.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    There is a lot that goes into teaching good shot selection. It's who the shooter is, where the shot is, how open the shooter is, the time on the shot clock, etc.

Alterique, didn't drive and try to dish as much as I think he should have, especially early in the clock. I remember Fred driving down the lane, looking for a shot for himself, or someone he could pass to, and if didn't find either, he would circle on out, and start over. Imo, AG took too many 3's that he didn't need to early in the clock. Tyson also took quite a few 3's from 25' early in the clock. Now if Tyson had just hit 1 or 2 three's previously, it isn't as bad of a shot, but an open 25 footer with 20 seconds on the clock isn't a good shot just because it's there. That type of shot can be had anytime.

Udeze became a better offensive team mate when he started passing the ball back out when he couldn't get a good shot with his back to the basket. etc.

Leave a comment:

• FadedCrown
    replied
    Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

I guess my question is...what kinf shooters do you have? UCLA does not appear to have ANY leash , but they have dynamite shooters....
    Seems like the only good shooters are Etienne and Dennis, and one of them struggled for a majority of the season.

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

How about a tighter leash?
    I guess my question is...what kinf shooters do you have? UCLA does not appear to have ANY leash , but they have dynamite shooters....

Leave a comment:

• GreatWhiteBuffalo
    replied

How is that going to make players make shots. This was a problem the year before too.
    The point is that the "tighter leash" leads players to take better shots, not just any shot they can fire up.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied

How is that going to make players make shots. This was a problem the year before too.
    Playing within the system means less bad shots. Both years saw horrendous shot selection.

Leave a comment:

• FadedCrown
    replied
    Originally posted by shock View Post

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    WSU just finished 290th in eFG%. They take a lot of 3s but don't make them.

Do we need more shooters or playmakers?

Leave a comment:

• FadedCrown
    replied
    WSU just finished 290th in eFG%. They take a lot of 3s but don't make them.

Do we need more shooters or playmakers?

Leave a comment:

• pie n eye
    replied
    This doesn’t necessarily belong on a wish list, more like a curiosity/hope list.

I wonder what Chauncey Jenkins and Jayden Seymour can bring to the table next year if they stay? If I had a nickel for every time Bob Hull mentioned that the coaches really liked both guys and that they were talented scorers/shooters I would be rich. Of course that comment was usually followed immediately by one of the two players firing up a brick in the game so...

I’m not super concerned about their ability to crack the rotation. Maybe I should be. We were basically in must win mode from game 1 and we couldn’t put teams away so there were no real opportunities to get them on the court.

Leave a comment:

• shock
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I think you've just about covered it all at this point.
    Yes, and picking at scabs just causes scars. We’ll see what he does with a full offseason and a staff that is there because of him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X