2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

LOL! Suck a of a conference? I get the Power 5 hate, but my god, don't make yourself sound ridiculous.
    The conference doesn't suck, but I think we can all agree it was way overvalued this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

The conference doesn't suck, but I think we can all agree it was way overvalued this year.
      Extremely. Like it always is.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If I ever catch you going 5 over the speed limit down Kellogg, I know you're cheating on other rules too.
        If you only drive 5 over on Kellogg people think your a bridge.

Comment

LOL! Suck a of a conference? I get the Power 5 hate, but my god, don't make yourself sound ridiculous.
          It’s a suck of a conference not because it’s terrible at basketball, but because it’s overrated every year and usually right out of the box before many games are played. Then it’s like oh they are all great teams they’re just beating each other. You said you get the power 5 hate. That’s usually the reason for it-false hype and adulation. So you must not get it. This isn’t the first time they have loaded up teams and went lost most or all in early rounds. Fifty percent of the “lowly” AAC with two entries is in the final 4. One who got nosed out in no small part due to 8th and 9th B10 entries won the NIT.

Not getting what is deserved affects present and future success, recruiting...everything. Anyway, while that sounds so ridiculous to you, you nevertheless didn’t answer two questions that I asked. I sense a blind subservience to the annoited.

Comment

Requiring teams to finish above .500 in their own conference shouldn't be that ridiculous. Outside of winning the conference tournament anyway. Otherwise, what really did you earn?
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The thing that frustrates me in the Big10 and Big12 this year is they beat each other in conference games then that validates how good they are. It happens in the ACC too. They are anointed as good before the season begins. They play other anointed teams and win or lose are still good. They blow through a bunch of buy games then get to the conference and only lose to other anointed teams and thus are single digit seeds. Happens EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Occasionally you have a Duke or Kentucky who can't win enough games to make the game work. Then they skip the NIT if invited so they won't lose to a non anointed team on the road and ruin their anointed reputation.
              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

In other news:

Austin Reaves is declaring for the NBA Draft and forgoing his eligibility.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2021/03/31/...ge-eligibility
                This will be interesting to watch play out in the NBA draft; IMO unlikely AR will be drafted but I will be interested to see if he bets on himself as did FVV and RB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

This will be interesting to watch play out in the NBA draft; IMO unlikely AR will be drafted but I will be interested to see if he bets on himself as did FVV and RB.
                  If he was a 45% 3pt. guy he might find a niche role, but he's barely 30%. He's a good college player but it doesn't translate to the NBA.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Have to agree.

With his lack of true point handles he will have had to shoot the ball like B. Hield did. The Zags gave him fits (exposed) handling the ball, with much respect due to the Zags of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Have to agree.

With his lack of true point handles he will have had to shoot the ball like B. Hield did. The Zags gave him fits (exposed) handling the ball, with much respect due to the Zags of course.
                      He pretty much exclusively ran the point all year for OU, and he lit up Gonzaga for 27. He definitely had his poor moments with 5 turnovers, but it’s not like he played terribly by any stretch. His first half was some of the best basketball I’ve seen him play.

That being said, I still don’t think his game translates to the NBA.

Comment

• Don't think his game translates well to the League. However, I bet he will be a late second rounder (rated as the 40th best prospect). I also bet he will flame out...

Comment

• Maybe his old coach is getting a look from OU ????

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                            Maybe his old coach is getting a look from OU ????
                            Maybe. More likely that he has used up his 5 years to play 4 and wants to move on. Even though he could come back, he's gonna make some cash (most likely overseas).

Comment

Maybe. More likely that he has used up his 5 years to play 4 and wants to move on. Even though he could come back, he's gonna make some cash (most likely overseas).
                              For some reason I don't see him as the type thats gonna grind it out overseas. I could be wrong and would be happy to be proven so...just my gut instinct.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

He pretty much exclusively ran the point all year for OU, and he lit up Gonzaga for 27. He definitely had his poor moments with 5 turnovers, but it’s not like he played terribly by any stretch. His first half was some of the best basketball I’ve seen him play.

That being said, I still don’t think his game translates to the NBA.
                                He's played well all year, for sure. I never said otherwise.

He'll face much better defenders at the pro level than he ever saw on the courts of the b12, or against the Zags, although Suggs is a pro starter right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X