2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Bert Smith handled that better, a LOT better, than I did. That was disturbing to watch in real time. Very happy he SEEMS to be ok.
    I’m glad I was wrong. Myself and two of my friends experienced similar events. The most recent one never woke up.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Bert Smith handled that better, a LOT better, than I did. That was disturbing to watch in real time. Very happy he SEEMS to be ok.

like chuck said on the pregame show I’m surprised he is not going to the hospital. You pass out for a reason. Not a good idea to go back to a hotel room probably by himself

Comment

• Man there is an EPIC salad matchup between Tiger Campbell of UCLA and Mike Smith of Meeechigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
          I’m glad I was wrong. Myself and two of my friends experienced similar events. The most recent one never woke up.
          I thought the same thing, and I'm thrilled you're doing so well my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Nope, just one of those that believes rules are created for a reason. Therefore they should be followed. If you don't like them, change them instead of ignoring them.
            Sure. But you discounted a coach’s accomplishments today because he screwed up in the past.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Watching Michigan and UCLA play after watching Gonzaga dismantle SoCal is like witnessing a finely tuned engine versus one that is hitting on only two cylindars. Gonzga players moved constantly with and without the ball wheras the late night version of the tournament seems to be all about one on one ball with a lot of people standing around waiting for the ball to perhaps come their way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                How did Gonzaga get such good players and what can we do to attract the same type of players?
                Sadly 3G was not able to put a 4 or 5 guy in the NBA. Cle almost but dyamn. He was more of a 3 anyways (especially at the NBA level).

I believe Few's program has put a couple-few bigs in the league. Our run definitely cashed in on our league change...but unfortunately not quite the recruiting of a 4 or 5 position future NBA'er. So damn close though....

C'mon HCIB...get a big to the NBA!!!!!!
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Sure. But you discounted a coach’s accomplishments today because he screwed up in the past.
                  He screwed up multiple times by violating the same rule. That shows a total disregard of the rules. If he'll cheat on one rule he's likely cheating on other rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

He screwed up multiple times by violating the same rule. That shows a total disregard of the rules. If he'll cheat on one rule he's likely cheating on other rules.
                    Do you tuck your t-shirt into your sweatpants?
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Cincy fans still happy that Mick has moved on?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So how many Big Ten teams made the Final Four?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          So how many Big Ten teams made the Final Four?
                          Love it. 9 teams in and none in the F4. So the Committee will value them less next year? No, they’ll get 9 bids or more next year! Rinse, Repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Love it. 9 teams in and none in the F4. So the Committee will value them less next year? No, they’ll get 9 bids or more next year! Rinse, Repeat.
                            Yep. Silver-spooned to the 9th!!!
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

11 seeded ucla ain’t going to win it all...

I hope I eat my words because Johnny Juzang is a baller! Keep it up kid! I love to see athletes of Vietnamese descendants (as I am one) play in college or the pros, as it hardly ever happens. Keep it up UCLA!
                              Shocker Alumni
                              Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                              Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Do you tuck your t-shirt into your sweatpants?
                                Sorry, I don't play word games. And I don't condone cheating, regardless of how successful it makes you.

Comment

Working...
                                X