2021 Non-WSU NCAA Tournament Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Love it. 9 teams in and none in the F4. So the Committee will value them less next year? No, they’ll get 9 bids or more next year! Rinse, Repeat.
    It's about the number of TVs a conference brings to the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      So how many Big Ten teams made the Final Four?
      I know! I know! The same number as ACC and SEC and Big East did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

He screwed up multiple times by violating the same rule. That shows a total disregard of the rules. If he'll cheat on one rule he's likely cheating on other rules.
        If I ever catch you going 5 over the speed limit down Kellogg, I know you're cheating on other rules too.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Love it. 9 teams in and none in the F4. So the Committee will value them less next year? No, they’ll get 9 bids or more next year! Rinse, Repeat.
          Why should they value them less? Which one of those 9 teams didn't deserve to be in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Why should they value them less? Which one of those 9 teams didn't deserve to be in?
            Off the top, Maryland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker_Power View Post

Sorry, I don't play word games. And I don't condone cheating, regardless of how successful it makes you.
              I don’t think anyone here condones cheating. But you are saying there is no redemption for having made a mistake in the past. Its a very legalistic way of looking at things, especially coming from someone who has made mistakes in their past, too.

Everyone screws up, some people screw up a lot, but everyone can change. If Kelvin did this on the up and up then it deserves to be recognized, maybe even more so.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I have no problems with those that are remorseful and don't continue to violate the same laws/rules. I think we refer to those types as 'habitual'.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• And the rules Sampson broke have since been changed and what he did would no longer be an issue.

There's really no reason not to like Sampson. There are coaches and schools that have done a hell of a lot worse and never paid any kind of price for their actions.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      And the rules Sampson broke have since been changed and what he did would no longer be an issue.

There's really no reason not to like Sampson. There are coaches and schools that have done a hell of a lot worse and never paid any kind of price for their actions.
                      BUt ThEy aRe RuLeS fOr A rEaSoN.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

Try Wisconsin, Rutgers, MD and MSU. At .500 or below in their suck of a conference. Are you in awe of the front of the jerseys? What do you think of their 9 team showing?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          In other news:

Austin Reaves is declaring for the NBA Draft and forgoing his eligibility.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2021/03/31/...ge-eligibility
                          He twernt ne'er one for book larnin', I 'spect. #arkansasstereotype!

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

He twernt ne'er one for book larnin', I 'spect. #arkansasstereotype!

We gon git us sum fried possum to celbrate!

Comment

Try Wisconsin, Rutgers, MD and MSU. At .500 or below in their suck of a conference. Are you in awe of the front of the jerseys? What do you think of their 9 team showing?
                              LOL! Suck a of a conference? I get the Power 5 hate, but my god, don't make yourself sound ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X