No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. Cincinnati Game Thread 3-13-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not help but notice that Cincinnati's win over Wichita state got mention on Yahoo sports..."Cincy beats Shockers to reach 4th AAC championship game". No mention whatsoever when WSU won the regular season AAC championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
      Could not help but notice that Cincinnati's win over Wichita state got mention on Yahoo sports..."Cincy beats Shockers to reach 4th AAC championship game". No mention whatsoever when WSU won the regular season AAC championship.
      Not surprising.

Comment

• NM
        The Assman

Comment

• Poor FT shooting is a blip today. Poor shot selection and bad decisions are not. Those have happened all season long. While I am impressed with what this team accomplished, I still fear that HCIB is gonna be Romeo Crennel.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
            While I am impressed with what this team accomplished, I still fear that HCIB is gonna be Romeo Crennel.
            I think that’s a rationale worry.

Ultimate nice guy and players coach, but when he had to captain the ship long term it wasn’t too pretty.

I hope he make everyone look silly for even thinking this could be a possibility.
            The Assman

Comment

• FWIW, the number of bad shots and dumb plays in all of college basketball seems infinite this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I think that’s a rationale worry.

Ultimate nice guy and players coach, but when he had to captain the ship long term it wasn’t too pretty.

I hope he make everyone look silly for even thinking this could be a possibility.
                I'm curious: To those of you who feel that coaching is a problem, what decisions would you have made today that you feel would have influenced the outcome of the game? This is not meant confrontationally; just an honest question.
                "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post

I'm curious: To those of you who feel that coaching is a problem, what decisions would you have made today that you feel would have influenced the outcome of the game? This is not meant confrontationally; just an honest question.
                  I don’t think coaching lost us this game. With that said, I would have loved to see more in-and-out action. Mo gets the ball in the post and kicks the ball out back to a wing player. In all honesty, if we had another quality big this is a legit top 25 team.

Comment

• I think coaching helps instill the mindset of the team.

Sometimes, I feel this team lacks the proper one.
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post

I don’t think coaching lost the game either....but, there was a time in the 2nd half when both Tyson and Dexter were on the bench at the same time...exactly that time period (around 8:30 to 7:00), we blew the lead and Cincy gained a lot of momentum.

Comment

• Sorry if these have been asked before.

1) What do you think of RC4 minutes played vs line? 8 minutes, 3-3 FG, 1-1 3pt, 1 assist, 7 points.

2) Should RC4 have been in the final lineup?

3) With 8.4 left, did we spend too much time getting the ball to AG?

4) With 8.4 left, should we have use a 2 seconds to get the ball up the court and called time?

5) Shouldn't ETN and AG be on opposite sides of the court? There were 4 Cincy players around ETN and AG.

6) We didn't need a 3. A 2 pointer would win. Drawing a foul would most likely win. We took a wild, long 3 pointer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Sorry if these have been asked before.

1) What do you think of RC4 minutes played vs line? 8 minutes, 3-3 FG, 1-1 3pt, 1 assist, 7 points.

4) With 8.4 left, should we have use a 2 seconds to get the ball up the court and called time?

5) Shouldn't ETN and AG be on opposite sides of the court? There were 4 Cincy players around ETN and AG.

6) We didn't need a 3. A 2 pointer would win. Drawing a foul would most likely win. We took a wild, long 3 pointer.
                          We spent too much time but still had time to get something besides that 3

But we couldn't call a timeout because we were out of timeouts if I remember right

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We spent too much time but still had time to get something besides that 3

But we couldn't call a timeout because we were out of timeouts if I remember right
                            Wasn't sure about the TOs, however, that would have been the least of my concerns over what transpired.

Comment

• Lose one game that Marshall never won and the "WE HIRED THE WRONG GUY" crowd is in full force. The greatest coach in the history of WSU struggled to get to the finals of the MVC conference tourney, so some of you can STFU about how pi$$ed you are that we didn't hire Jans, who is not going to the NCAA's coming out of the WAC.

But Jans had this and that and a lot of legitimate excuses. Guess what, tools, so did IB. IB had 5 guys out of 13 who had ever played with each other before. IB took over a program with serious issues 8 days before the season started and beat out a top-10 team for the conference championship. But, lose 1 game and "WE HIRED THE WRONG COACH". Yeah, Brown missed too many shots for the Shox to win the game.

The offense wasn't executing? IB is running Marshall's offense. The same thing happened last year and the year before. The team didn't properly execute the offense. Offense against a zone? That's Marshall's, too, and it was ineffective when Marshall was the coach and when IB is the coach. I'm certain Jans has a much better offense against a zone, since he learned systems under the greatest coach in WSU's history.

AG was probably the best PG in the transfer portal and that was the only option, since 3 PG's transferred after last season. AG is decent, but he trusts himself more than anyone else at crunch time, so he has a tendency to play hero ball. But think about it. He knows his game, but he's only had one season with the rest of the team. Perhaps it takes him more time than that to build trust with teammates. More likely is that he likes calling his own number. When 3 PG's trransfer, getting as much talent as AG has, along with his tendency to play hero ball is the best you're going to get.

As NCAA teams go, we've only got "get by" post players. Udeze, Chandler, and Wade are undersized for their positions. Udeze and Chandler have athleticism deficiencies. They're fighting for boards with 6'10" guys who can jump. They don't have the best hands for controlling boards either.

The "WE HIRED THE WRONG COACH" group can go join Phog.net and cheer for KU. KU hired the right coach. If hiring the "right" coach is your only concern and you're convinced WSU didn't, go cheer for a team that did.

IB did one hell of a job under incredibly bad circumstances, but the moment the Shox lost a game, "WE HIRED THE WRONG COACH". that is an imbecilic reaction.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                                Sorry if these have been asked before.

Ricky helped get the second half lead, but he is also the reason why we lost it. He refuses to lock in on defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X