Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post

Can someone that is a subscriber copy and paste the article, pretty pleaseeee ?
    Could someone with access please withdraw apkbaum 's last paycheck from his bank account? :)
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• The Athletic used to have a free intro period if some of you want to see. They do a lot of good articles through the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
        The Athletic used to have a free intro period if some of you want to see. They do a lot of good articles through the year.
        They are generally very well written. Also of note ... Unlike every other media outlet, paying a subscription means NO ADS. Ill pay for that. I hate paying for something only for it to be 90% ads all over the page (looking at you Wichita Eagle...)

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
          The Athletic used to have a free intro period if some of you want to see. They do a lot of good articles through the year.
          I've paid for a couple years now. Well worth it. Writing is superb.

Comment

• I have no issues with content, it's just that when I did subscribe, I wasn't interested in enough articles on a regular basis to justify paying for it. I have some team specific interests and don't care much about things outside of those teams.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              I have no issues with content, it's just that when I did subscribe, I wasn't interested in enough articles on a regular basis to justify paying for it. I have some team specific interests and don't care much about things outside of those teams.
              Bingo, the same here. If it's not the Shockers or AAC related, it interests me very little.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I have no issues with content, it's just that when I did subscribe, I wasn't interested in enough articles on a regular basis to justify paying for it. I have some team specific interests and don't care much about things outside of those teams.
                I prefer their articles over ESPN's or CBS's. Not to mention they've had several articles on the Shocks over the last few months while the former has had zero.

Comment

• Not sure if anyone has mentioned this from The Athletic article:

It’s three weeks before Wichita State hosts the TBT Tournament, and near the top of Brown’s priority list is an alumni social hour leading up to the opening game. Forty-three former players have already RSVP’ed. The event came together late because it was announced in April that Wichita would be a TBT host site, yet it’ll be the biggest showing of former Wichita State players anyone can remember,

Comment

• I would say that the bottom line of the Athletic article is that Coach Brown is a big-time PPP'er. A PROLIFIC PEOPLE PERSON.

Not to mention he apparently has his ego well in check. No person or task is beneath him.

I am really pleased that Coach Brown is getting this opportunity. He has earned it and he deserves it.

Comment

• Hoping for the best for him - and that’s not just because he’s our head coach. Man deserves it

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        It's the little things (emphasis mine):

"Condience, Rick," he says in the ear of Ricky Council as the rising sophomore attempts deep 3's on the left wing. "Know it's going in."

"Dex, way to dribble with that left," he shouts as Dexter Dennis crosses half court.

These were expressed during the "wing" session of individual workouts, per the article.

The article also highlighted that it was Brown's insistence that got Udeze to change his mind and return, because, per HCIB, this was going to be his (Udeze's) year. Which of course turned out to be the case on a pivotless D1 team, as Shocker fans noted during the course of a banner season, something which GGG never achieved (again, per the article).
                        Is Ricky still considered a Freshman?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Is Ricky still considered a Freshman?
                          In terms of eligibility yes. In terms of academic class probably not.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

In terms of eligibility yes. In terms of academic class probably not.
                            What about joe and qua?
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

What about joe and qua?
                              Both Joe will be starting there 4th year of college but both should have 2 years of eligibity left.

Comment

I used to subscribe also - and there just was not enough content to make the subscription cost worthwhile to me. It not that expensive, they just don't produce enough content. Maybe if you have interest in other things they cover there would be enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X