Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Not going to lie, this caught me off guard and really surprises me. It's definitely a plus for the program having him on the bench.
    Agreed, having someone with his level of knowledge on the bench can only help.

Comment

• Kennedy had a few NBA players at Texas A&M.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Does IB still get the plane? Or is that verbotten during the pandemic?
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Does IB still get the plane? Or is that verbotten during the pandemic?
          All in-person recruiting is suspended until May 31 - that's the last I heard at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Taylor Eldridge
            @tayloreldridge
            ·
            32m
            I confirmed with Wichita State assistant coach Billy Kennedy today that he indeed plans to return with the Shockers for the 2021-22 season. He has been a mentor to Isaac Brown who also brings a wealth of experience as a Division 1 head coach.
            Has it been confirmed whether they will run an offense this year?

Comment

• Yeah Kennedy has a year scouting the American and getting to know the program. What the needs are...etc. He got thrust into this last minute also. He will continue to be very valuable on the bench IMHO

This is nothing but a good thing for the Shox! Glad he is sticking around!
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Surprised and relieved ACBK is sticking around. What a great situation for the program and for HCIB to have that caliber of assistant.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Exactly! I'd be in the NBA now except they changed balls on me during the tryouts! Damn you, UA!!!!
                  Wait; what ball did TP use in college vs HS? Maybe that explains it! He's in the portal looking for a school with Spalding balls.
                  A women’s ball.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    Yeah Kennedy has a year scouting the American and getting to know the program. What the needs are...etc. He got thrust into this last minute also. He will continue to be very valuable on the bench IMHO

This is nothing but a good thing for the Shox! Glad he is sticking around!
                    I don’t think continuity can be overstated whether it’s the team or coaching staff. We haven’t had both in an off season for a couple years. I’m excited to see what it means for next year.
                    Last edited by pie n eye; April 1, 2021, 12:02 PM. Reason: I AM excited

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Yeah. They could schedule Ft Hays State again.
                      Ouch

Comment

• Only twice has BK stayed with a program as an assistant for more than one year-
                        91-93 at Creighton with Rick Johnson
                        93-97 with Todd Bozeman (93-96) and Ben Braun (96-97)

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Who asked if he cared about playing them? Maybe he should care.. because you know.. they're on the freaking schedule. I would've thought that would've been talked about the last year before it actually became official last fall. Did he just forget about it like he forgets to put certain players into games?

IDGAF about playing K-State. But a Big 12 team got put on the schedule from this state for the first time in nearly 20 years and was talked about a lot in the fall... to not knowing anything about it? I hope whatever recruit he was infatuated with on the brain during the coach's show was one he actually lands since it caused severe clouded memory during that hour in the public eye.
                          Fever, nothing to bust Boatright on this week so you have to bust IB's chops? You need a life. SERIOUSLY. You are such a tough guy behind a keyboard and a monitor. You fatigue most of us with your negativity.

Maybe he misspoke. Maybe he forgot. Maybe he really didn't know. Maybe who freaking cares? It wouldn't surprise me if K-State would want to delay the series a year or two. They are that bad.

IB is doing a good job. Just leave him alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

So now KState is a Q1 game. **** is deep in here
                            Hey...they snuck in the top 200 of the NET this year, give them some credit!

Of course, if it were Kansas University instead, I'm sure Brown would have had that one circled. Not so with KSU. Unless K-State improves, we just added another ECU to the schedule.

Good for the state of Kansas but that's about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Only twice has BK stayed with a program as an assistant for more than one year-
                              91-93 at Creighton with Rick Johnson
                              93-97 with Todd Bozeman (93-96) and Ben Braun (96-97)
                              His life has changed quite drastically since those days, especially his health situation. He may not longer be interested in the stress and expectations that come with a head coaching job so may not be interested at this point in climbing the ladder.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

His life has changed quite drastically since those days, especially his health situation. He may not longer be interested in the stress and expectations that come with a head coaching job so may not be interested at this point in climbing the ladder.
                                Isn't he in the early stages of Parkinson’s?
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X