Isaac Brown: Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

There is whole analytics study about how teams using UA balls perform poorly in the tournament. The balls are significantly different.
    Exactly! I'd be in the NBA now except they changed balls on me during the tryouts! Damn you, UA!!!!
    Wait; what ball did TP use in college vs HS? Maybe that explains it! He's in the portal looking for a school with Spalding balls.

Comment

• FWIW Brown didn't technically guarantee the difference in balls relates to our poor performance in tourneys. And the discussion only spoke about the free-throw shooting.

Brown was asked what he thought was the reason for the Shox shooting freethrows above 70% for several games only to drop so much the last few games and specifically how bad we did in the tourney.

Brown said he wasn't sure for the drop. Said they do practice free throws. Said maybe the feel of the ball was different since we use UA and the tourney uses Wilson. Seemed like he kind of chuckled when he was talking about it and seemed light hearted. I, in now way, took it that he was definitively blaming the ball for anything. Just that he was baffled at how they went from a decent free-throw shooting team to a horrible free-throw shooting team.

Personally I think it all just goes to cracking under pressure some from a team who hasn't been in that kind of a situation before. But who knows.

As fans we have been complaining about free-throw shooting since they hung peach baskets.
      Last edited by shockerfan; March 31, 2021, 02:47 PM.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
        IB also said we are involved recruiting a couple of "big time" players and we should get commitments in the next week.
        sounds like that is two separate things

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
          FWIW Brown didn't technically guarantee the difference in balls relates to our poor performance in tourneys. And the discussion only spoke about the free-throw shooting.

Brown was asked what he thought was the reason for the Shox shooting freethrows above 70% for several games only to drop so much the last few games and specifically how bad we did in the tourney.

Brown said he wasn't sure for the drop. Said they do practice free throws. Said maybe the feel of the ball was different since we use UA and the tourney uses Wilson. Seemed like he kind of chuckled when he was talking about it and seemed light hearted. I, in now way, took it that he was definitively blaming the ball for anything. Just that he was baffled at how they went from a decent free-throw shooting team to a horrible free-throw shooting team.

Personally I think it all just goes to cracking under pressure some from a team who hasn't been in that kind of a situation before. But who knows.

As fans we have been complaining about free-throw shooting since they hung peach baskets.
          Ross and I used these; talk about some 'clankers'... a couple of times we thought we were going to get "run out of town".

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Ross and I used these; talk about some 'clankers'... a couple of times we thought we were going to get "run out of town".

Speaking of Ross, does he ever guy hung in the rafters? He certainly deserves it.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Speaking of Ross, does he ever guy hung in the rafters? He certainly deserves it.
              He sure does... and it really ‘pisses me off’ it hasn’t happened.
              Last edited by WstateU; March 31, 2021, 04:36 PM.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

sounds like that is two separate things
                Might be but I took it as commitments from the highly rated guys. One thing I've learned over the years is it's almost never who we are talking about on SN. It just appears IB has cleared room for a couple of guys that have to be perceived as better than TW or JS.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

MK asked about KState since we didn't play the exhibition game was it still on for this year. IB said nothing for sure right now, but he planned on talking to the coaches from KU and KState in the next couple of weeks about scheduling possibilities. I'm not sure MK or IB know for certain we are playing KState. I thought it was set but who knows.
                  Appreciate that.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post

Exactly! I'd be in the NBA now except they changed balls on me during the tryouts! Damn you, UA!!!!
                    Wait; what ball did TP use in college vs HS? Maybe that explains it! He's in the portal looking for a school with Spalding balls.
                    NM
                    Last edited by FadedCrown; March 31, 2021, 05:17 PM.

Comment

That’s no excuse for TP. His father has felt all the balls.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Wait; what ball did TP use in college vs HS? Maybe that explains it! He's in the portal looking for a school with no balls.
                        FIFY
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Comment

• Taylor Eldridge
                            @tayloreldridge
                            ·
                            32m
                            I confirmed with Wichita State assistant coach Billy Kennedy today that he indeed plans to return with the Shockers for the 2021-22 season. He has been a mentor to Isaac Brown who also brings a wealth of experience as a Division 1 head coach.

Comment

Taylor Eldridge
                              @tayloreldridge
                              ·
                              32m
                              I confirmed with Wichita State assistant coach Billy Kennedy today that he indeed plans to return with the Shockers for the 2021-22 season. He has been a mentor to Isaac Brown who also brings a wealth of experience as a Division 1 head coach.
                              Not going to lie, this caught me off guard and really surprises me. It's definitely a plus for the program having him on the bench.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Taylor Eldridge
                                @tayloreldridge
                                ·
                                32m
                                Hopefully, he has some recruiting chops too. I'm sure he did in his day, but he is no longer an aggressive spring chicken. Well, he may be still aggressive, but not a spring chicken.

Comment

Working...
                                X