No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. UCF Pregame Discussion 2-10-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like a lot of posters, I have been frustrated at times with our play, put pleasantly surprised by our ability to win games. I’ve watched a lot of basketball games this year, even more than normal. I’m a longtime fan with no particular knowledge of the game, but I’ve seen a lot of good teams make the same kinds of mistakes, look disorganized and playing hero ball. I think players, like the rest of us, are a little down this year for a variety of reasons. Fewer games played, no crowds,disruptions, coaching change , covid, a do over year, ....and on and on. With all that in mind, I give this season an A. Just one opinion........

Comment

Shox by 4. UCF is one of those teams that’s a good matchup for us. We’re due for a good game.

Comment

Shox by 16. TE has 30 and Mo passes out of the paint twice.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          Mo passes out of the paint twice.
          You had me until this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
            Shox by 16. TE has 30 and Mo passes out of the paint twice.
            Statistics show...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Things I’d like to see this game:
              1. A win.
              2. Less than 3 missed box outs.
              3. Less than 2 instances of losing sight of a man resulting in an easy layup.
              4. Zero instances of a player from the other team out running us in transition for an easy basket or foul.
              Obviously 1 is the most important but I need to start seeing consistency in 2-4 to really feel good about our chances moving forward.

Comment

Shocks should win this game by a touchdown (7) and, consistent with my previous post, will also beat SMU on Sunday.....

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                  They clock does not start until it is touched in bound. If you don't guard the lane, all they have to do is throw it near the rim and slam it through. That takes all of about .5 seconds to get the time out. Then get an inbounds steal or draw an offensive foul on the inbound (jack hartman special). And your in position, not to tie, but to win.
                  In your scenario, they would have had .1 second to beat us. That would require us throwing the ball out of bounds, getting a five second violation or committing an offensive foul. And then, they could only score with an actual tip in and we would have four guys standing under the basket to prevent that. Not going to happen.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I dunno if we are going to win or not, but Mo is not going to pass out of the post twice.

Comment

"Wichita State has finished top-40 nationally in defensive rebounding in 17 of the last 18 seasons.
                      This season the Shockers rank No. 324."----------Taylor

GOOD GRIEF!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        I dunno if we are going to win or not, but Mo is not going to pass out of the post twice.
                        Ha. This has kind of turned into a wager in my household. Over/under on how many times Mo passes out of the post. Usually we set it at 1 or 2. And that is where it should be. Also, the quick wager is whether he travels the first time he gets the ball? I am over 50% on this. I haven't always bet "yes" though.

So lot's of side bets and fun with our Shocker fellas. Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          "Wichita State has finished top-40 nationally in defensive rebounding in 17 of the last 18 seasons.
                          This season the Shockers rank No. 324."----------Taylor

GOOD GRIEF!
                          324 out of how many teams? Like I've said before. Those players need to play better.

Comment

Comment

We have not been playing well, but we have been playing well enough to win.

I'll take the winning and screw the how we look.

Comment

The biggest opponent tonight is the 80 degree weather, and the desire to stay in it....:)

Comment

Working...
                                X