Wichita State vs. UCF Pregame Discussion 2-10-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

As others have stated, it's really not possible unless the Shox are just complete idiots. An alley oop at best leaves .3 on the clock. The inbounds is thrown to the other end of the court where there's zero chance they could grab it and heave a shot in that time. The only way we would lose is if we inbounded the ball and threw it towards the rim and gifted them an alley oop from us.

With a couple of seconds left, it would be a different story, but with .6, it's nearly impossible.
    Unless you are UNI. Then you heave it all the way out of bounds and end up giving them a second alley oop to win the game.

But that was a special choke job.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I think the coaching miscues will catch up with us too.

Still can’t believe we defended the paint with half a second left up 3. That’s mind numbing.
      Then again we have shown the ability to foul the desperation 3 pointer.

Comment

there IS this to consider....the Shockers are 11-4 WITHOUT much elite talent(seriously, outside of Tyson...not ONE player better than the ones who left, IMHO).....yes, they may win close, but so far...they win....

one really bad game out of 15....with a mixed up set of circumstances....I think might be selling these guys a bit short...

Comment

nm (wrong thread)
          Last edited by Kung Wu; February 10, 2021, 10:17 AM.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
            (seriously, outside of Tyson...not ONE player better than the ones who left, IMHO)...

Comment

there IS this to consider....the Shockers are 11-4 WITHOUT much elite talent(seriously, outside of Tyson...not ONE player better than the ones who left, IMHO).....yes, they may win close, but so far...they win....

one really bad game out of 15....with a mixed up set of circumstances....I think might be selling these guys a bit short...
              Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Ok, this got my attention. I thought, OK, they have to be playing close to the same "level" of ball". The three I thought of were Sherfield, Fernandez and Burton (knowing that he was not a starter).

Well, Sherfield is "The Guy" at Nevada, even if it is a step down and the team is only around .500, so he's in his element. Noah is also down a step, but starting and doing it all. I'm glad he's seemed to find a good home. That team is very young and will be even better the next couple of years. Lastly, is Burton. He went to TT knowing he probably was not a starter this year, but a quality program. However, he may never be a starter. As normally the first guy off the bench, his playing time is going in the wrong direction. 1st 9 games: 24.0 mpg, 18-42 FG .429. Last 10 games: 17.1 mpg, 15-46 FG .326 (7-31 .226 in 8 of the 10) and only 15 mpg over the last 3 games.

Given that our new guys are "new" and the old guys are in their 2nd or 3rd year, I don't think Molly is wrong. What 2 former players would you trade back for RC4 and CJ?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Ok, this got my attention. I thought, OK, they have to be playing close to the same "level" of ball". The three I thought of were Sherfield, Fernandez and Burton (knowing that he was not a starter).

Well, Sherfield is "The Guy" at Nevada, even if it is a step down and the team is only around .500, so he's in his element. Noah is also down a step, but starting and doing it all. I'm glad he's seemed to find a good home. That team is very young and will be even better the next couple of years. Lastly, is Burton. He went to TT knowing he probably was not a starter this year, but a quality program. However, he may never be a starter. As normally the first guy off the bench, his playing time is going in the wrong direction. 1st 9 games: 24.0 mpg, 18-42 FG .429. Last 10 games: 17.1 mpg, 15-46 FG .326 (7-31 .226 in 8 of the 10) and only 15 mpg over the last 3 games.

Given that our new guys are "new" and the old guys are in their 2nd or 3rd year, I don't think Molly is wrong. What 2 former players would you trade back for RC4 and CJ?
                And add Ashbjorn... I like how the guys play but TALENTWISE, it was a hit

Comment

Problem with AM is that we already had the 3 players at his position. No "new" players take on the position to compare to.

Comment

Talent doesn't matter if they are all headcases or me first guys. I am not convinced the guys who left (outside of Grant) are ahead talent wise and even then I would take RCIV over Grant given his trajectory.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

So you're telling us they are going to get two possessions, plus score twice in one second.

Suuuure.

It appears the real DoFo has indeed came out of hiding.

That is all.
                      Where was it that it happened to the shox in one of the preseason tourneys just about 2 years ago.
                      yes that's what I'm saying. They clock does not start until it is touched in bound. If you don't guard the lane, all they have to do is throw it near the rim and slam it through. That takes all of about .5 seconds to get the time out. Then get an inbounds steal or draw an offensive foul on the inbound (jack hartman special). And your in position, not to tie, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post

Unless you are UNI. Then you heave it all the way out of bounds and end up giving them a second alley oop to win the game.

But that was a special choke job.
                        I believe they were iinbounding on their end when the idiot color guy made that comment.
                        Last edited by Atxshoxfan; February 9, 2021, 06:23 PM.

Comment

addition by subtraction is a real thing. PGAG is a better point that Sherfield.

Comment

I would’ve been happy if Burton and Mitgaard would have stuck around but I’m more than happy with the replacements. The only thing the guys who left have over the new guys is experience in the system at WSU which can’t be discounted but if they don’t like it here, aren’t a good fit, or are a team poison then its better just to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

addition by subtraction is a real thing. PGAG is a better point that Sherfield.
                              100%

I think we are talking talent vs. fit. Sherfield is the only one I would say was a big talent "loss".

Comment

Quotables: Isaac Brown Pre-UCF

Wichita State men's basketball interim head coach Isaac Brown spoke to media ahead of the Shockers' matchup with UCF on Wednesday. Brown talked about what he thinks his team can do to win by bigger margins, adjustments that need to be made defensively and how the team is learning from mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X