Wichita State vs. UCF Pregame Discussion 2-10-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

If you don't defend there, it leaves open an easy alley oop with almost no time coming off the clock, setting up a possible in bounds steal and game winning shot attempt.
    So you're telling us they are going to get two possessions, plus score twice in one second.

Suuuure.

It appears the real DoFo has indeed came out of hiding.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

If you don't defend there, it leaves open an easy alley oop with almost no time coming off the clock, setting up a possible in bounds steal and game winning shot attempt.
      Not if you loft the inbounds pass past the half court line

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’ve been thinking about the starting lineup lately and if/how I would change it.

Tyson and Mo aren’t going anywhere.

I’ve tried to get Jackson in for Wade but Trey is actually playing pretty well right now, IMO, and as much as I like Jackson is he’s a bit of a loose cannon.

It’s hard to imagine taking Gilbert out although I’m beginning to believe he is responsible for a significant portion of our defensive and rebounding woes. I’m just not sure Porter has shown enough ability to get the offense going to replace him yet but he’s a more consistent defender and rebounder, IMO.

Council for Dexter might make the most sense but then that leaves our second unit without much of a scoring threat outside of Jackson.
        The thing about Gilbert is sometimes he just stands and watches the game. He gets beat on backdoor passes more than he should. And I have yet to see him block out a man on a rebound. His game would improve if he did these things. But don't get me wrong he is still a better point guard that we have had in 3 years. But Fred, Malcolm, Ragland and Hannah have set a tough standard. So that's what we're all use to.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I’ve been thinking about the starting lineup lately and if/how I would change it.

Tyson and Mo aren’t going anywhere.

I’ve tried to get Jackson in for Wade but Trey is actually playing pretty well right now, IMO, and as much as I like Jackson is he’s a bit of a loose cannon.

It’s hard to imagine taking Gilbert out although I’m beginning to believe he is responsible for a significant portion of our defensive and rebounding woes. I’m just not sure Porter has shown enough ability to get the offense going to replace him yet but he’s a more consistent defender and rebounder, IMO.

Council for Dexter might make the most sense but then that leaves our second unit without much of a scoring threat outside of Jackson.
          Yes, I agree. Any changes made lead to an upside and a downside to the change. While I'm not blaming IHCIB for his starting lineup, I was confused by Aargh 's post as any player we have, save one, has "warts". It is what it is. Guess that is what he meant. So, do we blame fHCGM? They're his recruits and existing players (and our "situation").

Your other posts on this thread really point out AG's problems. Admittedly, I didn't know about him outside of are own games against him. We were all expecting much more than what he has to offer. It's not his fault, it's ours for the higher expectations. I do have a better understanding of having recruited two experienced (Juco anyway) PGs to go along with AG.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

The thing about Gilbert is sometimes he just stands and watches the game. He gets beat on backdoor passes more than he should. And I have yet to see him block out a man on a rebound. His game would improve if he did these things. But don't get me wrong he is still a better point guard that we have had in 3 years. But Fred, Malcolm, Ragland and Hannah have set a tough standard. So that's what we're all use to.
            He gives up WAY too easily on defense .. which causes our bigs to get out of position IMO.

Comment

If they want to try to oop it when down 3 with 0.6 seconds to go, you let them do that 12 times out of 10.
              78-65

Comment

No. Not possible in .6

Comment

Comment

As others have stated, it's really not possible unless the Shox are just complete idiots. An alley oop at best leaves .3 on the clock. The inbounds is thrown to the other end of the court where there's zero chance they could grab it and heave a shot in that time. The only way we would lose is if we inbounded the ball and threw it towards the rim and gifted them an alley oop from us.

With a couple of seconds left, it would be a different story, but with .6, it's nearly impossible.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

As others have stated, it's really not possible unless the Shox are just complete idiots. An alley oop at best leaves .3 on the clock. The inbounds is thrown to the other end of the court where there's zero chance they could grab it and heave a shot in that time. The only way we would lose is if we inbounded the ball and threw it towards the rim and gifted them an alley oop from us.

With a couple of seconds left, it would be a different story, but with .6, it's nearly impossible.
                      Exactly. Now compare that to what actually happened, which was a pretty decent unguarded (although drifting) 3 point shot

Comment

Found the MVC clock operator.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Yes, I agree. Any changes made lead to an upside and a downside to the change. While I'm not blaming IHCIB for his starting lineup, I was confused by Aargh 's post as any player we have, save one, has "warts". It is what it is. Guess that is what he meant. So, do we blame fHCGM? They're his recruits and existing players (and our "situation").

Your other posts on this thread really point out AG's problems. Admittedly, I didn't know about him outside of are own games against him. We were all expecting much more than what he has to offer. It's not his fault, it's ours for the higher expectations. I do have a better understanding of having recruited two experienced (Juco anyway) PGs to go along with AG.
                          The thing that bugs me the most about him is not boxing out and losing track of his man. Both of those things are very easily corrected, it’s just a matter of focus.

I’m happy with the rest of his game for the most part and am willing to take the good and bad if he would just correct the two glaring weaknesses above.

Comment

Is this sarcasm?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Is this sarcasm?
                              If not, this is scary...

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

No. Not possible in .6
                                Well...........maybe in a Valley tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X