• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU ORB% - 29%. Not too shabby.
    Temple ORB% - 41.4%. Terrible.

WSU DRB% - 59%. Terrible.
    Temple DRB% - 71%.

-12%. Horrible. Easily our worst performances on the boards since USF.

Mo with 7. Good.

Dex with 3. Need more from him.

Comment

• Moved up to 240 from 244/350
      Temple is 184 so not good but better than us.

Comment

• Our rebounding Sunday was pitiful, regardless of what the numbers might say.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Our rebounding Sunday was pitiful, regardless of what the numbers might say.
          When the numbers say u are letting the other team get 42% of the offensive rebounds - they are agreeing with your eyes. It was a pitiful effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Our rebounding Sunday was pitiful, regardless of what the numbers might say.
            The numbers point out that we were -6 rebounding to a very bad rebounding team. We were just worse. One has to look deep to find a "silver lining".

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The numbers point out that we were -6 rebounding to a very bad rebounding team. We were just worse. One has to look deep to find a "silver lining".
              The only silver lining I can see is that Mo had his best rebounding game of the year. He was aggressive going after boards. That’s the kind of performance we need from him every game.

I’m going to rewatch the game and chart their offensive rebounds to see where the breakdowns occurred. In real time it felt like the lack of check outs was a team effort.

Comment

• When is DD, TW, MU, andv IPBC going to start consistently rebounding? They are a major disappointment to this team. There is no excuse for playing like soft pu$$ies Meeow meow, I know I should play tougher but I am pu$$y. .

The conversation goes like this " Can I have some hot coca and a group hug? Please tell me it will be ok mama" Meow its not my fault I am soft like a pillow.
                Last edited by TheShocktocles; February 8, 2021, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• What I see is a lot of guards getting offensive rebounds because our guards take off instead of blocking out and rebounding. When you have trouble rebounding everyone stays till the rebound is secured.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                    When is DD, TW, MU, andv IPBC going to start consistently rebounding? They are a major disappointment to this team. There is no excuse for playing like soft pu$$ies Meeow meow, I know I should play tougher but I am pu$$y. .

The conversation goes like this " Can I have some hot coca and a group hug? Please tell me it will be ok mama" Meow its not my fault I am soft like a pillow.
                    Tre Wade has probably been our best and most consistent rebounder this year.

Aside from that, what kind of post is this? Seriously.

Comment

• You may all be right. The only caveat from yesterday that I saw has nothing to do with rebounding, because IPBC isn't a strong rebounder either. However, he would have helped with interior defense and given us another interior player who can clog up the middle a little. JB gives us nothing off of the bench imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                        When is DD, TW, MU, andv IPBC going to start consistently rebounding? They are a major disappointment to this team. There is no excuse for playing like soft pu$$ies Meeow meow, I know I should play tougher but I am pu$$y. .

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Saw this from Taylor today:

“Wichita State has finished top-40 nationally in defensive rebounding in 17 of the last 18 seasons.

This season the Shockers rank No. 324.”

—————

That’s embarrassing and a complete fall from grace for a program that prided itself on toughness and rebounding.
                          The Assman

Comment

• I can't demonstrate this, but I wonder if one of the issues on the defensive side that has developed is that our opponents may be sending an extra player to the glass knowing there is a good chance they'll get the rebound on a miss. It's a gamble, but they may figure it's worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              I can't demonstrate this, but I wonder if one of the issues on the defensive side that has developed is that our opponents may be sending an extra player to the glass knowing there is a good chance they'll get the rebound on a miss. It's a gamble, but they may figure it's worth it.
                              We have at least one guy, Gilbert, who basically isn’t boxing out at all. I statted almost every offensive rebound Temple got last game and he was responsible for more of them than any other play because he wasn’t boxing out. Dexter was another guy who missed a few.

Defensive rebounding isn’t hard. It doesn’t require some skill provided by god. It’s as simple as turning around and putting a body on someone out every single possession. Until we do that we’ll continue to struggle.

Comment

• Lots of players haven’t been boxing out as well as teams have in the past.

I also don’t think this team is as aggressive going after rebounds as teams in the past have been.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X