Point guards
    longer wings that can make baskets
    legitimate big man
    skilled power forward
    You forgot a big one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And a coach
      My point is you must be able to judge when certain players are not up to the challenge. This includes physically not able to compete or mentally just not there.
      It was obvious, obvious and I mean obvious that MO was not even close to being able to handle anyone from Memphis inside.
      It was also painfully obvious that DD was not mentally there tonight. He has those type of games on occasion and tonight it was screaming all over the arena.
      Yet... Mo plays the first 8+ minutes of the second half...
      DD does the same...
      And which way did the score move...
      And if BK is the veteran brains on the bench, where was he? Why didn't he stand up @ the under 16 TO and make a suggestion?

Just a bad night on the bench all the way around.

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        The most difficult thing about this game is not the awful offense. We have seen that and even persevered through it over the years.

It's the defense.

Without our smash-mouth, hair-on-fire defense, we don't have that unique edge that always keeps us in any game no matter how tough the opponent matchup is for us.

Without that defense, we don't have any hope.

Hopefully it's only left us this one night.
        I agree with your assessment on the defense. That big kid for Memphis can't shoot. But he can dunk all night. But not once did the shockers stop Alo and others from penetrating the paint for dish offs and dunks. I have never seen so many players go to the cup without any resistance.

I know the shocks shot like sht tonight.. But I am sick of watching DD miss wide open 3 pointers. He is supposed be a knock down shooter and he is worse than what he was as a freshmen. MU has a problem grabbing the ball. Grab the freaking ball. Watching Memphis players hooting and hollering on the bench pissed me off. Tired of losing to Penny in Memphis. I don't think the shocks have ever beaten Penny in Memphis.

Comment

• IB...”we played hard...”

You did?

TE and DD. 2 for 20. Even my wife knows to sit someone when they can’t shoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
            Even my wife...MY WIFE...knows to sit someone when they can’t shoot.
            Barry Hinson fixes it for you.

78-65

Comment

• Too bad. Lost opportunity in a season where each games importance is magnified. I was just surprised being off this long they weren't playing with the hair on fire, especially coming off the Tulsa game where they played great defense. The just looked over-matched.

29%, 8%, 56% (2pt/3pt/FT) - it was like these guys were tired.

Only 8 assists?

Comment

• they didn't turn us over with their pressure but it made us piss down our leg

Comment

• We’re just dumb. We have an awful, awful shot selection. Between Tyson and Alterique, yikes. Having your two lead guards be guys that have arguably the most questionable shot selection is not ideal.

Some guys really aren’t sure what their roles are yet so they’re trying to do things that aren’t in their games.

And the rebounding issues can be attributed to a few different things, but you can’t have 1 guy take 1 possession off and forget to box out. And you can throw in some personnel issues that contribute to our lack of rebounding.

I’m not really worried about Dex, I’d rather have him taking those shots than not. Every time the ball leaves his hand I feel like it’s going in. When Dex gets himself in trouble is when he’s forced to handle the ball and dribbles into a turnover.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    they didn't turn us over with their pressure but it made us piss down our leg
                    Good thing yellow or black uniforms hide it equally.
                    When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Orwellian terms get tossed around too loosely these days, but that was double minus ungood.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

I’m not really worried about Dex, I’d rather have him taking those shots than not. Every time the ball leaves his hand I feel like it’s going in.
                        Except it hardly ever goes in. And he is shows no signs of getting any better.

Comment

• Really poor game after playing so well for a while but I have to give credit to Memphis. They just looked like the better team tonight.

Road games are hard. Road games are impossible when you can’t shoot and don’t defend.

It will be very interesting to see how they bounce back in their next game. Plenty to work on because not much positive occurred in this game.

Comment

• Certainly says something when your two best players on the floor tonight were Freshman. RC4, CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                              Certainly says something when your two best players on the floor tonight were Freshman. RC4, CP.
                              What does it say?

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                Really poor game after playing so well for a while but I have to give credit to Memphis. They just looked like the better team tonight.

Road games are hard. Road games are impossible when you can’t shoot and don’t defend.

It will be very interesting to see how they bounce back in their next game. Plenty to work on because not much positive occurred in this game.
                                Agree. Lets see how they respond to this butt whipping.

Comment

Working...
                                X